Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭Odhinn

He got her friend pregnant. I think that might be enough. Especially for somebody religious like she is.

That cranks his "shit in the nest" score up considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

its a running joke with bray people i know
    someone gets beaten up anywhere in country it on the news
    people get shot in bray , not a peep, reckon someone in media has a rental portfolio in bray and don't want to crash prices
    told of regular shootings, never on national news, but well know locally

he was regularly beating people to a pulp in his bouncer life
    he may have put a beating on 2 people in the last 2 months
    was seen along with a heavy “looking”for someone in bray pubs 2 week ago, whatever that means
    suppose to be in a feud with bray mr big, whatever that means
    garda with sledgehammers going to work on internal walls of boxing club

doubt we will ever know the reason for it all

Garda taking sledgehammers to walls of boxing club? Where did you hear that? There’s a lot more to come out on this, katies statement pointed to that. I don’t put too much stock in the local feud thing, from previous reading experience hacks can put that out by default when they don’t actually know what happened, take darren kearns murder as one example that was a local feud thing for a long time then it was revealed it was actually kinahan feud related,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Garda taking sledgehammers to walls of boxing club? Where did you hear that? There’s a lot more to come out on this, katies statement pointed to that. I don’t put too much stock in the local feud thing, from previous reading experience hacks can put that out by default when they don’t actually know what happened, take darren kearns murder as one example that was a local feud thing for a long time then it was revealed it was actually kinahan feud related,

No need to nitpick . The poster is entitled to have his say on Boards .

No need to nitpick . The poster is entitled to have his say on Boards .

Sorry??? Nitpicking, You have me wrong, I wasn’t nitpicking at all, asking the poster a question out of curiosity and expressing an opinion on what I think is behind this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,136 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I'm guessing that taking sledgehammers to the walls might be in a bid to locate a bullet for forensic evidence???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dbas

I'm guessing that taking sledgehammers to the walls might be in a bid to locate a bullet for forensic evidence???

Jaysis Donald- would you not just nuke the wall for them instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭Odhinn

dbas wrote: »
    Jaysis Donald- would you not just nuke the wall for them instead.

He can't bring him self to destroy a nice wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

They're knocking it down just so they can build another wall, a better one. It's all part of making Bray great again.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dbas

Odhinn wrote: »
    He can't bring him self to destroy a nice wall.

' That's the greatest wall I've ever seen in Bray ever- like totally '
    ' It's totally kept out the Mexican's '
    Donald Trump 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 28,532 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Every thread is turned into a cycling issue with you.
    Not really, but if someone wants to try one of the usual oul cliched fallacies, I'll be happy to put them straight with a few facts, even when that gets up their nose a teechy little bit.
    Were you the dirty **** that had a big snort and spat a load of phlegm over the back of my head in while he cycled past me in Terenure last week? Its assault. Garda have his DNA now.

Yeah, that was me all right. It was the target on your back that inspired me. You know, the one that causes all cyclists who come within 5m of you to suddenly go mad and assault or someone else. Because that's the only logical explanation for the amazing number of aggressive and anti-social things that cyclists do in your vicinity.

Or maybe it was this dirty **** instead?
    You forgot to mention numbers using the bus which is higher. But you hate motor vehicles of all forms so it is understandable that you missed that statistic.
    Yes, that's right, bus numbers are indeed higher, though I'm not sure you got it right about my hating motor vehicles. Without those great motor vehicles, I wouldn't have been able to drop the kids off at a party tonight, then go for a burger, then collect the kids and get home here. Motor vehicles are just great, when they're not killing people, that is.
    Anyway what has this to do with a shooting in Bray??
    Good question - but each time you bring up this stuff, I'm going to answer it. Be careful what you wish for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Did you see that old fart on Six One news yesterday. He reminded me of a late 80's politician who would come across all sincere but trying to pull the wool over our eyes. He cudda been a priest if had a calling.

Excellent article, this guy is really brave in what he is writing and in the questions he is asking, not many would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Is this thread about one poor man shot dead and two injured and why it happened, or is it about cyclists that are butt hurt.
    Can the cyclists leave it for another thread please and stop with the bull****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

Excellent article, this guy is really brave in what he is writing and in the questions he is asking, not many would.

I don't think it's brave IMO, that guy loves sports and hates what has become of Irish boxing and isn't afraid to voice or write it with true emotion, a credit to sports journalism in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭colly10

Not really, but if someone wants to try one of the usual oul cliched fallacies, I'll be happy to put them straight with a few facts, even when that gets up their nose a teechy little bit.

Yeah, that was me all right. It was the target on your back that inspired me. You know, the one that causes all cyclists who come within 5m of you to suddenly go mad and assault or someone else. Because that's the only logical explanation for the amazing number of aggressive and anti-social things that cyclists do in your vicinity.

Or maybe it was this dirty **** instead?

Yes, that's right, bus numbers are indeed higher, though I'm not sure you got it right about my hating motor vehicles. Without those great motor vehicles, I wouldn't have been able to drop the kids off at a party tonight, then go for a burger, then collect the kids and get home here. Motor vehicles are just great, when they're not killing people, that is.

Good question - but each time you bring up this stuff, I'm going to answer it. Be careful what you wish for.

Give it a rest, this is a thread about the shooting, ye survived the ordeal or some lad spraying screenwash on ye and ye have another thread to discuss it to death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

I don't think it's brave IMO, that guy loves sports and hates what has become of Irish boxing and isn't afraid to voice or write it with true emotion, a credit to sports journalism in Ireland.

It wouldn't be representative of clubs in general

Mikenesson wrote: »
    It wouldn't be representative of clubs in general

Agree that it wouldn’t, boxed in 2 clubs myself and if anything they keep lads out of trouble. It’s still not good for the reputation overall. If I had a young kid, without seeing the lads in it and getting to know them properly i’d be more worried about getting them into it than I would have been.
    I wouldn’t have the same worries getting them into football

deco nate wrote: »
    Is this thread about one poor man shot dead and two injured and why it happened, or is it about cyclists that are butt hurt.
    Can the cyclists leave it for another thread please and stop with the bull****?

I'm sorry but I don't buy this. One poor man shot indeed as if he were just randomly shot. I thought the RTE coverage of his funeral was just laughable. Why not cover Hutch's relations funerals as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Good article as it rightly points out that there is a problem and doesn't let the wider good the clubs do get in the way of a very serious point.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I don't buy this. One poor man shot indeed as if he were just randomly shot. I thought the RTE coverage of his funeral was just laughable. Why not cover Hutch's relations funerals as well.
    Great of you to take my post out of context. What a bull**** reply from you. Go away,your post comes across as trolling. Shame

Tell us what you seem to know about Bobby Messett....
    Yea I thought so.....

Calhoun wrote: »
    Good article as it rightly points out that there is a problem and doesn't let the wider good the clubs do get in the way of a very serious point.

What is the wider good the wider clubs do?

The guy on Six One news yesterday talked about taking medals back to the country. So what?

Lest it be said, boxing is an aggressive sport that attracts people of low intellect. Not always but in general it does.

The boxing culture lives around gyms, steroids, more gyms, ppl who don't commonly have a career aside from their 'sport' passion.

I find the whole adulation of boxers pretty vile and this incident recently does nothing but support my view that the whole 'sport' sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The guy on Six One news yesterday talked about taking medals back to the country. So what?

Lest it be said, boxing is an aggressive sport that attracts people of low intellect. Not always but in general it does.

The boxing culture lives around gyms, steroids, more gyms, ppl who don't commonly have a career aside from their 'sport' passion.

I find the whole adulation of boxers pretty vile and this incident recently does nothing but support my view that the whole 'sport' sucks.

Go read the article linked above, as im not answering nor going into this with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Pretty obvious that you know NOTHING about boxing or boxing clubs .

Talk about generalisations !!

Just taking Bray into account as they're the subject of the topic.

Of the 20 people training there that morning I'd wager that somewhere between 15 an 18 of them were doing a session before heading to work. Adam Nolan (a Garda) is a member of that club and Katie was in UCD before she dropped out to concentrate on her boxing. Her brother was also a member and he's doing quite well for himself as well. This is repeated all over the country BTW, just using Bray as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

tomofson wrote: »
    Only one person involved in the regency has died, and that was from natural causes.

Not one person of any significance was killed by the kinahans.

that's incorrect, the regency involved many more than what arrived in the van, and many of them are now dead.

I have heard and think that the best thing boxing clubs do is take aggressive wild animal youths off the streets and place them in a controlled environment. No doubt not a bad idea to control them. But unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way, does it.

Whether it's steroids that is responsible, or whether it's a base instinct to wollop the crap out of someone, the whole boxing phenomenon to me is purely and solely based on the neanderthal part of the brain that is up for a fight.

To suggest that 'punches technique' is a thing makes me laugh out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭juno10353

Help ....... cycling derail......... aaaaaggggggghhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Deedsie wrote: »
    Should we be allowed discuss a live Garda investigation like this?

Whats the issue? I have not posted names, video or pictures. The incident happened and the Garda are investigating.

No different to a paper reporting on a murder.

Or is it an attempt to derail the thread again? But I suspect the real reason you object is because it involves a cyclist being a dick.

• Advertisement

I have heard and think that the best thing boxing clubs do is take aggressive wild animal youths off the streets and place them in a controlled environment. No doubt not a bad idea to control them. But unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way, does it.

Whether it's steroids that is responsible, or whether it's a base instinct to wollop the crap out of someone, the whole boxing phenomenon to me is purely and solely based on the neanderthal part of the brain that is up for a fight.

To suggest that 'punches technique' is a thing makes me laugh out loud.

Sorry but you have no idea what you’re talking about. Boxing is a skill and ye quickly realise ye won’t run in there and beat the head off anyone, it’s about figuring your opponent out and knowing what they’re going to do it before they do it and knowing how they’ll react to what you’re going to do and being a step ahead.
    I’d be less likely to want to end up in a fight after boxing as ye know regardless of who ye think ye are, anyone could land a lucky shot and do alot of damage with gloves off, ye’d also be thrown out of the club if they heard ye we’re out there fighting lads on the street.

Boxing teaches disipline, trainers don’t accept messing in training or argueing/bullying other lads in the club. It teaches ye that if ye want something ye have to work hard for it. If ye turn up to training and are putting in a token effort ye fool noone, you can be sure the next lad you’ll be fighting is putting the work in and ye’ll be found out.

Kids also tend to look up to the kid who’s doing the best in the club and he’s doing the best through training hard and being disiplined. They copy what they see will make them the best.

Clubs also have alot of role models in trainers, some are lads that turned they’re own lives around and the kids look up to them and listen to them more than i’ve seen them listening to coaches in team sports.

By the way, i’ve never seen or heard anyone taking steroids in clubs. I know in the 2 i was in and a separate club my uncle trains in ye’d be out the door if there was a suggestion of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement