Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Nice spot. Guy mentioned was the guy in the famous photo with PT in the Indo.

That’s the one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Just noticed there’s an odd coincidence with the Shankhill Shooting and the Taylor one I don’t want to name names here but if you read this artcle you’ll see it https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/convicted-knife-killers-family-home-targeted-in-gun-attack-36999689.html

Don't think the 2 are directly connected but all under the same umbrella.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is that the Indo Pic with the heading 'I can train who I want'?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Is that the Indo Pic with the heading 'I can train who I want'?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Yes

Well spotted ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

was the man who died from the assault ever named?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Just noticed there’s an odd coincidence with the Shankhill Shooting and the Taylor one I don’t want to name names here but if you read this artcle you’ll see it https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/convicted-knife-killers-family-home-targeted-in-gun-attack-36999689.html

He was fighting in Manchester on Saturday night without his trainer in the corner. Got stopped in 3 btw....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Same fella was up in court years ago. I remember reading about it at the time. Battered some fella in the jacks of a pub or something like that. The stabbed one I mean. Before he was stabbed. I think he might have only been a teenager at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JoeK20

So might you , Neanderthal is spelt wit a capital N.

I think it should be with the lower case n.

"When neanderthal is spelled with a lower-case n, it means a cretin or a dolt — a rough, mean, and slightly foolish person. If you spell it with a capital N, it means an extinct species of human being, and it's the root of the lower-case version."

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/neanderthal

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

If this was ISIS doing this people would be in uproar about it. But because it's some Irish gangster scum no one seems to care. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭juno10353

Sorry to derail, but is there no thread about the horrific machete murder in Cork. Are we just getting more desensitised to the horrors taking place around us.

juno10353 wrote: »
    Sorry to derail, but is there no thread about the horrific machete murder in Cork. Are we just getting more desensitised to the horrors taking place around us.

I was thinking that yesterday why no threads on the Cork case, an absolutely horrific murder, young kids witnessed it too, it’s a strange one, that level of violence used with no robbery or clear motive yet, I think the lastest is the guards believe the attackers are Irish, let’s hope the guards get them off the streets soon for everyones sake, savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I was thinking that yesterday why no threads on the Cork case, an absolutely horrific murder, young kids witnessed it too, it’s a strange one, that level of violence used with no robbery or clear motive yet, I think the lastest is the guards believe the attackers are Irish, let’s hope the guards get them off the streets soon for everyones sake, savages.

Yes indeed, evil and depraved scumbags. Perhaps Mikolaj had a minor run in with them over a small debt or something but the level of violence was shocking. Hopefully these individuals are caught soon, they are clearly extremely dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I find it odd that the media usually prints lies, half truth and bar stool speculation on all gangland and shootings.
    But they are silent on Bray beyond the initial crying and wailing.

Leads me to believe that it is related to the kinahan hutch feud.

As mentioned by another posters...it is common knowledge that Taylor trains MTK fighters...no matter his involvement or not in crime .....no local gang would seek to upset the cartel by attempting something like that unless they were given permission.
    If it was a local gang the gardai would have arrested a few of the usual suspects already for questioning.

Only the hutch gang , since they are neck deep already , would have no qualms about upsetting the cartel.

but silence in the media leads me to believe they've been told to play this down by the gardai for fear of escalation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

paw patrol wrote: »
    I find it odd that the media usually prints lies, half truth and bar stool speculation on all gangland and shootings.

As mentioned by another posters...it is common knowledge that Taylor trains MTK fighters...no matter his involvement or not in crime .....no local gang would seek to upset the cartel by attempting something like that unless they were given permission.
    If it was a local gang the gardai would have arrested a few of the usual suspects already for questioning.

Only the hutch gang , since they are neck deep already , would have no qualms about upsetting the cartel.

but silence in the media leads me to believe they've been told to play this down by the gardai for fear of escalation.

Silence in the media?

In all fairness the story has been high profile since it broke.

The only silence I noticed was the lack of condemnation from the usual sources of the murder of an innocent man going about his daily business of exercising in a gym before work.

Do you think that if the media plays down a gangland murder attempt then there will be no retaliation?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭juno10353

There have also been no condolences from the public or from Pete Taylor to the poor man shot 3 times in leg. It was said that he too was an innocent victim just getting fit, training before work.

Are we really lacking compassion for innocent people caught in crossfire as they go about their day.

At the end of day this is a local gym for the people of bray, owned by the county council. It is up to the council to ensure their sports venues are safe for the community. The council were aware of Taylor's links at the time that he stressed he would train whoever he wanted to. Wicklow county council should have been aware of the danger this could cause community members

There have also been no condolences from the public or from Pete Taylor to the poor man shot 3 times in leg. It was said that he too was an innocent victim just getting fit, training before work.

Are we really lacking compassion for innocent people caught in crossfire as they go about their day.

At the end of day this is a local gym for the people of bray, owned by the county council. It is up to the council to ensure their sports venues are safe for the community. The council were aware of Taylor's links at the time that he stressed he would train whoever he wanted to. Wicklow county council should have been aware of the danger this could cause community members

You're pushing it there now in all fairness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Silence in the media?

In all fairness the story has been high profile since it broke.

died a death since the victim was buried. haven't seen a story since.
    The only silence I noticed was the lack of condemnation from the usual sources of the murder of an innocent man going about his daily business of exercising in a gym before work.

plenty of condemnation at the time.
    Do you think that if the media plays down a gangland murder attempt then there will be no retaliation?

honestly I don't know but I pointed out marked differences between this attack and previous in how the media has handled it.
    The rest I was speculating.....but they aren't writing their usual guff and not all but naming any suspects like they usually do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

JoeK20 wrote: »
    I think it should be with the lower case n.

"When neanderthal is spelled with a lower-case n, it means a cretin or a dolt — a rough, mean, and slightly foolish person. If you spell it with a capital N, it means an extinct species of human being, and it's the root of the lower-case version."

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/neanderthal

I respectfully tip my hat to you , sir .

died a death since the victim was buried. haven't seen a story since.

There's a news story linked about 4 posts up.

plenty of condemnation at the time.

No, no there wasn't.

honestly I don't know but I pointed out marked differences between this attack and previous in how the media has handled it.
    The rest I was speculating.....but they aren't writing their usual guff and not all but naming any suspects like they usually do.

You must not be following this story at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

That might explain it, as there is no thread at all about it on Politics.ie while there are more than ten pages on it about the horrific murder of the Polish man by the machete gang. The targeted attack on Pete Taylor was mentioned on another thread which was started at the time of the Regency shootings but that thread also seems to have disappeared off the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

I don't see why the papers would do that in this case.

Over the years the papers have got a lot of people shot by printing fake stories.

One "journalist" in particular has a lot of blood on his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Pete did actually offer his condolences to the innocent man, his friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Dr Brown wrote:
    One "journalist" in particular has a lot of blood on his hands.

True

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

Will meet the kinahans boxers be allowed train there again?
    Will new management be appointed and Pete giving the door by Wicklow Co Council?

I feckin hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

I don’t know if this was posted already, but it seems the gym is no more.

http://www.the42.ie/bray-boxing-club-4068710-Jun2018/?utm_source=shortlink

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

[/B]

You're pushing it there now in all fairness.

Why?

Hadn't Pete Taylor defiantly said that he would train 'whoever he liked' when it was discovered that he was training Kinehan boxers 'for free'? Bearing in mind what happened at the Regency, wasn't there every possibility that what DID happen at Bray Boxing Club might have occurred? Didn't the Council bear some responsibility to the law abiding people, who were using the premises, to be able to do so in safety? As a result of their turning a blind eye to the fact that Taylor was training boxers with criminal connections in Bray Boxing Club, an innocent man is now lying in his grave and Taylor and another man have been badly injured.

• Advertisement

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Why?

Hadn't Pete Taylor defiantly said that he would train 'whoever he liked' when it was discovered that he was training Kinehan boxers 'for free'? Bearing in mind what happened at the Regency, wasn't there every possibility that what DID happen at Bray Boxing Club might have occurred? Didn't the Council bear some responsibility to the law abiding people, who were using the premises, to be able to do so in safety? As a result of their turning a blind eye to the fact that Taylor was training boxers with criminal connections in Bray Boxing Club, an innocent man is now lying in his grave and Taylor and another man have been badly injured.

You can't blame the Council for what happened, not by any stretch of the imagination.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement