Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

AllForIt wrote: »
    What is the wider good the wider clubs do?

The guy on Six One news yesterday talked about taking medals back to the country. So what?

Lest it be said, boxing is an aggressive sport that attracts people of low intellect. Not always but in general it does.

The boxing culture lives around gyms, steroids, more gyms, ppl who don't commonly have a career aside from their 'sport' passion.

I find the whole adulation of boxers pretty vile and this incident recently does nothing but support my view that the whole 'sport' sucks.

Your some tool, boxing is full of great people who give there lifes up to help working class youths. Anyone I know involved in boxing are good skins. Your talking nonsense, id say you no absoloutley no one involved in the sport. Your the neanderthol with your generalisation of people because of a tiny percantage of people involved in the sport are involved in criminality, which is bound to happen considering the sports links to working class areas. Absoloute muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Your some tool, boxing is full of great people who give there lifes up to help working class youths. Anyone I know involved in boxing are good skins. Your talking nonsense, id say you no absoloutley no one involved in the sport. Your the neanderthol with your generalisation of people because of a tiny percantage of people involved in the sport are involved in criminality, which is bound to happen considering the sports links to working class areas. Absoloute muppet.

You might want to check the spelling & grammar on this post, it undermines your message.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

bren2002 wrote: »
    You might want to check the spelling & grammar on this post, it undermines your message.

If your argument is reduced to ‘you made a spelling mistake’ you may as well just give it up now.

If your argument is reduced to ‘you made a spelling mistake’ you may as well just give it up now.

Not my argument, just making the point that if you're (not your) going to call out someone on what they know (not no) as being a neanderthal (not neanderthol) against their (not there) points, you should at least be absolutely (not absoloute) grammatically correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭runrun2

Not my argument, just making the point that if you're (not your) going to call out someone on what they know (not no) as being a neanderthal (not neanderthol) against their (not there) points, you should at least be absolutely (not absoloute) grammatically correct.

The guy is taking the piste, you need to find a thread on spelling bee's and perhaps find a sense of irony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

So might you , Neanderthal is spelt wit a capital N.

So might you , Neanderthal is spelt wit a capital N.

Touché

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Touché

You're not even in the right language now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Brae100 wrote: »
    I heard today that Pete came from England to work in the arcades in Bray.

Am I right in thinking that he's of gypsy/romany extraction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: I shouldn't have to say it but it looks like I'll have to.

Any more mentions of cycling here will result in a ban. If you want to discuss cycling, take it elsewhere, this thread isn't the place.

And while I'm posting here, less of the grammar Nazi posts please. The main function of language is to communicate and there is no problem with a poster not posting in perfect English, once they're able to communicate effectively.

So drop it.

Now!

Buford T. Justice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/bray-serious-head-injuries-14763567

I wonder is there any connection with the shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

capefear wrote: »

man found unconscious 500m from scene of shooting

=

man found unconscious in bray

paedo found living 500m from school

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

capefear wrote: »

no idea but rumoured that the poor guy was attacked with a hammer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Am I right in thinking that he's of gypsy/romany extraction?

There is romany gypsies by the name Taylor, but whether pete is of romany extraction or not I really couldn't tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭Odhinn

To suggest that 'punches technique' is a thing makes me laugh out loud.

So you'd get in the ring with somebody then?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,136 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Odhinn wrote: »

To suggest that 'punches technique' is a thing makes me laugh out loud.

So you'd get in the ring with somebody then?

You crazy fool. What are you implying - that a person who trains and practices diligently at a particular body movement for years, developing the coordination and and honing all the muscles involved to do it quickly with strength and accuracy, would somehow have some technique or skill that might enable them to do it more effectively than a random person who has never tried it??????????

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

Another thing about boxing is that its the only sport on the Island of Ireland that brings every race and nationality together . Lads from the Shankill are teammates with lads from the Falls, Travellers, Black, White, Eastern European, Middle class, Working class. Its a great thing to see when a Traveller like Davey Oliver Joyce from Mullingar and Carl Frampton a man from a loyalist stronghold of Tigers Bay can be good mates. Its more of that we need not less.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You crazy fool. What are you implying - that a person who trains and practices diligently at a particular body movement for years, developing the coordination and and honing all the muscles involved to do it quickly with strength and accuracy, would somehow have some technique or skill that might enable them to do it more effectively than a random person who has never tried it??????????

:pac:

You see through me Sir. I stand naked before your insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ellejay wrote: »
    You're the first person in bray that I've heard of that has a soft spot for Mister Taylor.

Anytime I've heard his name mentioned in Bray it's followed with "scumbag" and snigger at the "found god" bit.
    He's better known for working the doors on a seafront club years ago, and beating the ****e out of someone so badly they are in a wheelchair for life.
    Many stories like that.

Never knew that, was he ever charged with the offence?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Never knew that, was he ever charged with the offence?

He was never charged for the offence no, but I am fairly sure that incident happened at the royal marine in Dun Laoghaire, think there was a nightclub there years ago.

The victim of that assault is dead now after he regained enough movement to take his own life, he has a brother that was murdered a few years ago.

Thats if I am thinking of the same person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭runrun2

Another thing about boxing is that its the only sport on the Island of Ireland that brings every race and nationality together . Lads from the Shankill are teammates with lads from the Falls, Travellers, Black, White, Eastern European, Middle class, Working class. Its a great thing to see when a Traveller like Davey Oliver Joyce from Mullingar and Carl Frampton a man from a loyalist stronghold of Tigers Bay can be good mates. Its more of that we need not less.

Agreed, my sister worked for a newspaper for years and the Sports Journalists loved the boxing and had some very affluent connections

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Jeez another killing in Bray this weekend! That is frightening. I know i disagreed with a few posters who called the place a kip but this adds to their assertions about the place. Must be very scary for the locals living there

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Jeez another killing in Bray this weekend! That is frightening. I know i disagreed with a few posters who called the place a kip but this adds to their assertions about the place. Must be very scary for the locals living there

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-found-with-serious-head-injury-outside-bray-hotel-has-died-36994453.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

NIMAN wrote: »

What is about Bray that gives it a rough edge? I don’t live there but any time I’ve been there I’ve enjoyed it.

tomofson wrote: »
    There is romany gypsies by the name Taylor, but whether pete is of romany extraction or not I really couldn't tell you.

Looking at Pete’s facial features he does have the Roma look, but it never occurred to me before this, just as it didn’t when an old friend of years ago, Barbara Scott, who used to look after the Shelbourne Hotel flowers and was one of Ireland’s foremost experts in floristry in the 60s/70s, told my mother she was a Romani Gypsy by birth.we used to always think she had an unusual dark-skinned appearance in an Ireland of little racial diversity.

What is about Bray that gives it a rough edge? I don’t live there but any time I’ve been there I’ve enjoyed it.[/quote

Looks nice on the surface but seems to have a bad underbelly.

What is about Bray that gives it a rough edge? I don’t live there but any time I’ve been there I’ve enjoyed it.

What is it about anywhere that gives it a rough edge?

Lack of opportunities, alcoholism,drug addiction ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Looking at Pete’s facial features he does have the Roma look, but it never occurred to me before this, just as it didn’t when an old friend of years ago, Barbara Scott, who used to look after the Shelbourne Hotel flowers and was one of Ireland’s foremost experts in floristry in the 60s/70s, told my mother she was a Romani Gypsy by birth.we used to always think she had an unusual dark-skinned appearance in an Ireland of little racial diversity.

Cool story.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Pete Taylor has said he is "devastated by the senseless murder" of Bobby Messett.
    The boxing coach is believed to have been the target of the gunman who stormed Bray Boxing Club before killing the dad-of-three and shooting Taylor and another man.
    Gardai investigating the murder are believed to have set their sights on a young hired gunman from Dublin’s north inner city.
    He and his pal are suspected to have taken the job of killing Pete Taylor from a well-known criminal in Bray
    https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/pete-taylor-utterly-heartbroken-by-tragic-death-of-bobby-messett/ar-AAyrJCV?li=AAmb2oK&ocid=spartandhp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement