Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Karen Brown seems to be wearing a fair bit of bling, wonder what's financing that?

8eb33d4a96.jpg

What bling ? A ring and a watch, hardly Carmela Soprano

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Who's Karen Brown?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Who's Karen Brown?

Katies former BFF now shacked up with Pete and their child

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What bling ? A ring and a watch, hardly Carmela Soprano

She couldn't even afford a full t-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Next thread title suggestion: Karen Browns jewellery, Bada Bling or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Playing it sweet? Most of them are dead

Only one person involved in the regency has died, and that was from natural causes.

Not one person of any significance was killed by the kinahans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Calhoun wrote: »
    Thats quite a shame from Pete's perspective, i had a soft spot for the rags to riches type rise he had. I remember when he used to be on the doors down the seafront in Bray and lived in old court.

As for MTK, they should be avoided like the plague.

You're the first person in bray that I've heard of that has a soft spot for Mister Taylor.

Anytime I've heard his name mentioned in Bray it's followed with "scumbag" and snigger at the "found god" bit.
    He's better known for working the doors on a seafront club years ago, and beating the ****e out of someone so badly they are in a wheelchair for life.
    Many stories like that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ellejay wrote: »
    You're the first person in bray that I've heard of that has a soft spot for Mister Taylor.

Anytime I've heard his name mentioned in Bray it's followed with "scumbag" and snigger at the "found god" bit.
    He's better known for working the doors on a seafront club years ago, and beating the ****e out of someone so badly they are in a wheelchair for life.
    Many stories like that.

Was looking through articles this morning about Katie and see that her mam 'found god' alright. She certainly wasn't a god botherer in her youth. Are Katie's siblings the same or was it just Katie that took on all the god worship stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Was looking through articles this morning about Katie and see that her mam 'found god' alright. She certainly wasn't a god botherer in her youth. Are Katie's siblings the same or was it just Katie that took on all the god worship stuff?

Ones brother is well renowned physicist and academic well to do in his own right. Also a fellow of the Marie Curie Institute. I guess a few apples have fallen far from the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Many stories like that.

Wasn’t he a bouncer in “Classses” otherwise known as The Dugg Inn which is now Platform Pizza?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

they rebranded cos they were threatened to be sued by mgm media in america

In terms of a rebrand I was referencing this https://www.google.ie/amp/www.thejournal.ie/mtk-gym-sold-kinahan-3687386-Nov2017/%3famp=1 rather than the change of name due to the legal dispute with mgm, basically a complete managerial clearout and then the large buyout upfront in cash, that was done to distance the brand from the regency and kinahan, yet this incident again drags the brand back into the spotlight and raises questions again about who is really running the show there.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭White lighting

they rebranded cos they were threatened to be sued by mgm media in america

In terms of a rebrand I was referencing this https://www.google.ie/amp/www.thejournal.ie/mtk-gym-sold-kinahan-3687386-Nov2017/%3famp=1 rather than the change of name due to the legal dispute with mgm, basically a complete managerial clearout and then the large buyout upfront in cash, that was done to distance the brand from the regency and kinahan, yet this incident again drags the brand back into the spotlight and raises questions again about who is really running the show there.
    Thats all bollox IMO. There was no buy out. They claim there was a buy out but the one running it now Sandra Vaughan is up to her neck in it too and has had dealings with the Kinahans going back years.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Wasn’t he a bouncer in “Classses” otherwise known as The Dugg Inn which is now Platform Pizza?

Locally known as "The Drug Inn" back in the day.

Siblings aren't as into god as Katie, but then they're not in the media as much as her. But no, they're not as devout - not sure if that's the right word / description.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Thats all bollox IMO. There was no buy out. They claim there was a buy out but the one running it now Sandra Vaughan is up to her neck in it too and has had dealings with the Kinahans going back years.

I actually agree with you, it was just for appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

runrun2 wrote: »
    Katie must be pretty disgusted as well the way RTE and the media in general hardly ever filmed/covered her fights until she started making headway in the Olympics yet she already had European and world titles.

Yet I've never seen such media coverage for her in the past few days even though shes one of the most successful boxer and Olympians to come out of Ireland.

Total joke.

Katie was reported on and fights in the world's from quaters/semis on and euros were shown on RTE or tg4 well before she won gold in the olympics
    There was no interest out side of boxing circles.

tomofson wrote: »
    Only one person involved in the regency has died, and that was from natural causes.

Not one person of any significance was killed by the kinahans.

Firstly, your Hutch tinted glasses need cleaning.
    Secondly, a whole lot of those that the Kinahans murdered had some involvement in the planning or logistics of the bungled attack on the Regency.

Nobody believes that this is one innocent families struggle against an evil drug cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

Was the name of the 3rd fella shot mentioned? Dont see it anywhere.

Was the name of the 3rd fella shot mentioned? Dont see it anywhere.

Yep.
    Ian Britton (35) shot 3 times in the leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭dbas

Firstly, your Hutch tinted glasses need cleaning.
    Secondly, a whole lot of those that the Kinahans murdered had some involvement in the planning or logistics of the bungled attack on the Regency.

Nobody believes that this is one innocent families struggle against an evil drug cartel.

Not sure he is saying that. But I thought 6 people took part in the hit in Regency. One is dead of natural causes and one is on trial ( I'm very suspicious of the delay in this trial also- We'll wait and see the outcome there)

What about the rest of them? I generally assume the Guards know the people involved in these hits as they are the top criminals but they don't have evidence so they can't touch them. Kinahans definitely know who they are but none of them have been touched

• Advertisement

dbas wrote: »
    Not sure he is saying that. But I thought 6 people took part in the hit in Regency. One is dead of natural causes and one is on trial ( I'm very suspicious of the delay in this trial also- We'll wait and see the outcome there)

What about the rest of them? I generally assume the Guards know the people involved in these hits as they are the top criminals but they don't have evidence so they can't touch them. Kinahans definitely know who they are but none of them have been touched

Two were also murdered

• Registered Users Posts: 7 El Polo Loco

Sounds like she has no sympathy for the father alright

• Registered Users Posts: 18,254 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Sounds like she has no sympathy for the father alright

I'm wondering if there was far more to her falling out with him than meets the eye. Did she suss there was dodgy stuff going on in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm wondering if there was far more to her falling out with him than meets the eye. Did she suss there was dodgy stuff going on in the background?

He got her friend pregnant. I think that might be enough. Especially for somebody religious like she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,254 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

He got her friend pregnant. I think that might be enough. Especially for somebody religious like she is.

Indeed, but people are assuming that is the 'only' reason for the falling out and nothing else. This other dodgy stuff may have been going on at the same time and she might have been aware of it, thus making things even worse between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Strazdas wrote: »

Apparently yeah. In with a bad crowd. And him banging her mate of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Many stories like that.

I meant more like it looked like he had turned his life around ect, I don't know all the bad stories but for a moment it looked like things were going into the right direction and a father and daughter team from Bray had done something great.

Obviously that didn't last long, and was only a facade for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

murpho999 wrote: »

Back Bar of the Porterhouse wasn't it? Had a fearsome reputation back then.

Wasn't considered to be a very nice person that's for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Back Bar of the Porterhouse wasn't it? Had a fearsome reputation back then.

Wasn't considered to be a very nice person that's for sure.

He sounds like a right scumbag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Which wan? The wan in the papers who is 30 and had a kid at 18? Is that his babby?

45 and riding an 18 year old? There's hope for us all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement