Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Well done to the senior camogie team for winning all four games in their group and getting straight through to the semi-final

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Richie hogan gives us something different.his vision cuteness and scoring ability makes our whole frontline more a threat.I hope he has trained ok since the cork game and look forward to next saturday.��������

True. Even his goal v Cork. He took the risk that the ball would break in behind and picked and went. A lof of other forwards would wait in front of the break but fortune favours the brave and he was rewarded for running on. Him and Colin Fennelly work together very well imo, especially as Colin is physically strongwhile Hogan is good on the loose ball. He knows where the goalposts are and can also drift along the line.

By the way, why does Colin Fennelly slip and slide so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Well done to camogie yesterday and to u16s today who qualified for semi final v galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

True. Even his goal v Cork. He took the risk that the ball would break in behind and picked and went. A lof of other forwards would wait in front of the break but fortune favours the brave and he was rewarded for running on. Him and Colin Fennelly work together very well imo, especially as Colin is physically strongwhile Hogan is good on the loose ball. He knows where the goalposts are and can also drift along the line.

Either he is wearing roller blades or he is usually carrying a fullback on his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭blackcard

In last year's match against Limerick, Cody was roaring at Colin Fennelly to take on his man and go for goal. I think the plan will be the same next Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Cody called him to the line last year in thurles and gave colin a dressing down in front of the stands.never saw cody do that
    before.subs that day made a big difference,leabhy donnelly richie all made a difference.team picked that day was totally wrong.

Either he is wearing roller blades or he is usually carrying a fullback on his back.

Not all the time - he's always sliping and sliding. Does he wear the correct tyres?

Not all the time - he's always sliping and sliding. Does he wear the correct tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Anyones kids been to Cul camps this year?

What was the verdict?
    My 12 yr old was very dissapointed with it this year...

No drills, no Skills being shown or taught.
    Teenage 'coaches' on their phones, while they play a match for 90 mins....
    Playing the game "Chinese Whispers" ……

Not worth €80 !! :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭JohnCougar

greenspurs wrote: »

What was the verdict?

I have to agree unfortunately. The group of 12 year olds were bored all week and not challenged at all. My lad did not enjoy it at all and that was the first time he came away from a camp saying that. Hopefully the Richie Hogan camp will be better.

• Advertisement

I think we will win Saturday night.

Murphy

Murphy Lawlor Holden

Fogarty Walsh Deegan

Buckley Browne

Hogan Reid Mullen

Donnelly Fennelly Walsh

Since 1997 there have being 22 All Ireland Semi Finals.

We have played in 19 of those semi finals, winning 16 and losing 3 in 1997, 2001 and 2005.

We did not play in any semi in 2013, 2017 and 2018.

Hopefully we will win in 2019 and play Wexford in the Final.

greenspurs wrote: »

What was the verdict?

My kids normally do two cul camps every summer. They prefer it and so dose child minder. And second time discounted.
    Anyway first one was excellent 3 or 4 of the senior panel and some of the camogie girls doing the coach.enjoyed no end .
    Second one they were not as happy with.so I happened to be collecting them on the Friday and had heard them talking so I went down a bit earlier.
    No one seem to be organising anything. Kids of doing their own thing.
    Eventually a game was started about 25 on each side with teenagers sitting at the sideline on phones.no refereeing and just older boys doing what they wanted.being very rough and laughing at it .pj was floating around but not taking part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Village87

In recent years a lot of county players have set up there own camps, Michael Rice Richie Hogan, Jonjo Farrell, Walter Walsh Cillian Buckley. By all accounts the standards are after dropping the last 4/5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Justice for the individual

The surface he plays on appears to be always icy and the 'ball' the other forwards pass to him is really a bar of soap? - or maybe because he is pulled and dragged and therefore gives the appearance of slipping and sliding.

Just joking - he's playing very well at the present - he just needs 1 or 2 guys running on his shoulder, and an intelligent player like Richie is the ideal guy to have playing alongside him as they both compliment each other as regards their style of play.

Village87 wrote: »
    In recent years a lot of county players have set up there own camps, Michael Rice Richie Hogan, Jonjo Farrell, Walter Walsh Cillian Buckley. By all accounts the standards are after dropping the last 4/5 years.

Richie Hogan & Michael Rices camps are excellent and alway have been.

Cillian Buckly and Wally Walsh had one camp and it was very good.

I dont know about John Jo Farrell.

Its the Cul Camps that are poor as they take in too many and cant cater for the numbers properly. Its all about money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

JohnCougar wrote: »
    I think we will win Saturday night.

Murphy

Murphy Lawlor Holden

Fogarty Walsh Deegan

Buckley Browne

Hogan Reid Mullen

Donnelly Fennelly Walsh

That is a very Cody like selection the only thing is he will not leave Leahy out Also i would not be surprised to see Delaney starting with either Paul Murphy or Joey being most at risk. Leahy, Brown, Buckley, and Fogarty are all in contention for midfield selection. Getting this selection right for Limerick will be of paramount importance and I really do not know which is the correct pair to start,

Is Buckley right.i had heard he was in serious bother. Only then to see him start games. And be gone at half time. Probably the most athletic
    Guy we have and you would give him every chance but is it fair on Browne or Delaney or Morrissey.

Is Buckley right.i had heard he was in serious bother. Only then to see him start games. And be gone at half time. Probably the most athletic
    Guy we have and you would give him every chance but is it fair on Browne or Delaney or Morrissey.

Jason Cleere is getting the rawest of deals. Buckley is fine just trying to get his hurling wrists back again.

Jason Cleere is getting the rawest of deals. Buckley is fine just trying to get his hurling wrists back again.

He definitely didn't look right at half-time against cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

I forgot to add James Maher to the other four fighting for a midfield position and he is rightfully a front runner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭blackcard

Bookies have Limerick as hot favourites, Kilkenny available at 15/8. Probably fair enough odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

blackcard wrote: »
    Bookies have Limerick as hot favourites, Kilkenny available at 15/8. Probably fair enough odds.

Limerick are rightly hot favourites they have answered all questions that were asked this year winning the league and munster final convincinly.They have a very good squad and subs that make a big difference.We will need things to really go right for us and maybe limerick to underperform and be cold after the long lay off.It will be intresting to see what way we set up tactically because it will be a war zone between the two 40s.I do believe we have being going better this year but no doubt linerick have stepped up another level and the physical condition of these lads is unreal.They have lost two matches already granted missing key players against tipp but they will have to be tuned in to beat kk and wont be complacent playing kk because kk in a semi final will be a tough test.
    Cody has a dillema does he start wally or can buckley be fit enough?will we put padraig on gillane?or bring in delaney for hayes or leave joey at 6.will aylward get back into the panel.if we get our match ups right and game plan right id give us a right good chance to upset the odds but we cant give up the same chances we did the last day.It will be a great test for our lads anyway to see where we are and this will be another great learning curve.We'll have to keep it tight at the back and we might get a bit of joy down the spine of their defence.cian lynch can do some magical things aswell and will take minding.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Buckley is fine just trying to get his hurling wrists back again.

Why do you think he is fine? I think he is still struggling with his knee injury and he hasn't fully recovered from the operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Village87

No way would i throw Jason Cleere in a tough match. Lacks a bit of aggression and pace for heat of the summer championship hurling. Needs to step up his performances next year in the league to get a run in championship

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Great tickets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

brookville wrote: »
    cian lynch can do some magical things aswell and will take minding.

Lynch has improved and matured massively, he is a kind of mirror image of this team, up to last year he was all fur coat and no nickers - wonderfully skilful and talented but no real final product.

Lynch's midfied partner is just as, if not more, affective and also needs minding.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Lynch has improved and matured massively, he is a kind of mirror image of this team, up to last year he was all fur coat and no nickers - wonderfully skilful and talented but no real final product.

Lynch's midfied partner is just as, if not more, affective and also needs minding.

Wouldn't be buying into the hype around lynch .He has 2pts scored in the 4 matches he has played in Munster. Good talker probably secured him hurler of the year last year .I would have given it to hannon or hayes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Ah here

Lynch is class. One of my favourite hurlers to watch. His skill level is phenomenal. I'm not going to pretend I've seen loads of him this year due to clashes with Kilkenny games etc. but last year he was a joy to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Wouldn't be buying into the hype around lynch .He has 2pts scored in the 4 matches he has played in Munster. Good talker probably secured him hurler of the year last year .I would have given it to hannon or hayes

As I said that would have always been my perception of him as well, but I do think he is a far more complete hurler now, a proper team player and with an end product. I'd compare and contrast him to Austin Gleeson, Gleeson hasnt matured as a player at all but Lynch definitely has, Kiely has to take a lot of credit for that.

But as I alluded to earlier if you focus on Lynch you are in for a big shock as for me Willam O'Donoghue has had a better season and has the potential to do untold damage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement