Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

We should man mark no one. Let them worry about us. I dont care what Kilkenny midfield pairing starts who ever they are should play their own game unrestricted by the straight jacket of being told to man mark some one.By definition all four midfield players are trying to nullify the opposition any way so there is no need for special instructions. Similarly at the back let us play our own positions and keep some cover at all times at the back. After that let them worry about us and they have just as much as us to worry about.Let there be no negativity let them worry about man marking us.[/QUOTE

Nothing wrong with having a plan for certain players
    We have had plans for teams in the past jackie/Corbett. Joyce/bonner
    If you can neutralise the threat of their marquee players confidence drains and pressure builds on the rest.Michael Dempsey puts alot of work into that sort of thing.he could come with something for Saturday.
    It's not a case of just run down the hill into battle roaring. Bit of smarts

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

I was also looking at the paddy Power odds on the game..

One of the most telling odds I saw was in the MOTM odds. Of the first 11 players in the market, only one from Kilkenny.

Not that this means anything of course. I guess it says that outside of TJ we have no real consistent game winners. Our effectiveness will be dictated by our work rate and teamwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I thought Zak struggled a lot when he came on against Galway in the second half. He was marking #15 Greg Thomas who caught a good few balls which ended up in scores, including the third goal.

Thoughts? Maybe I've gotten mixed up

That # 15 caught everything that came his way. Hammond struggled with him but he wasn’t the only one. None of the Kilkenny backs were able for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JohnCougar

I think we need to keep Fogarty as a midfielder and give him the remit to drop back as he did V Cork.

I see most suggested teams have Fogarty as wing back. Just don't think he works for us as an orthodox wing back.
    We will need our 6 backs playing deep and Fogarty operating between the 2 lines. Our half forward line should drop back to the middle and try create some space in front of Colin.

Prior to the Cork game, Fogarty had been a serious concern. We need to replicate the 2nd half V Cork. If we can do that, and not fall into the trap of lumping balls up we will win.

Fogarty was half back against Cork. In the first half and most of the second half he had no one to mark as Kearney was dropping out to midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Grats

JohnCougar wrote: »
    Fogarty was half back against Cork. In the first half and most of the second half he had no one to mark as Kearney was dropping out to midfield.

I guess Village87 would agree with you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Have a Cusack 306 DD if anyone wants it? PM me

citykat wrote: »
    That # 15 caught everything that came his way. Hammond struggled with him but he wasn’t the only one. None of the Kilkenny backs were able for him.

Zach Bay Hammond and Ian Byrne changed the game for minors the last day. Hammond is a fantastic talent and is underage next year also. His speed is a huge asset in the half back line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Comerman

Is Mickey Butler injured?

Same problem as Noel hickey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭brookville

Same problem as Noel hickey

Heart problem is it?Is he gone for the year?he had a good season very tigerish corner back.

• Advertisement

No not as serious as that .he's just overage same as Noel.
    He is on the u20 team.comon lads sharpen up were in the middle of a championship ����������

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Comerman

No not as serious as that .he's just overage same as Noel.
    He is on the u20 team.comon lads sharpen up were in the middle of a championship ����������

Oops, really may give up this Carlsberg, probably won't though.

Comerman wrote: »
    Oops, really may give up this Carlsberg, probably won't though.

Well lads we can all be as sharp as Eddie Brennan, pick a player on the U-21 panel when he was manager and he was overage. He rang the player to ask him into the panel and tried to tell the player he was underage.....!!! :):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Zach Bay Hammond and Ian Byrne changed the game for minors the last day. Hammond is a fantastic talent and is underage next year also. His speed is a huge asset in the half back line.

You're right. Hammond is a talent. He still couldn't stop the Galway no. 15 from catching ball. Galway used that tactic all through the game and got a lot of scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

How did Hammond changed the game? As I said in an earlier post, he struggled a lot when he came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Kil v Lim
    E Murphy
    P Murphy, H Lawlor, J Holden
    C Fogarty, P Walsh, P Deegan
    C Browne, R Leahy
    J Donnelly, TJ Reid, W Walsh
    A Mullen, C Fennelly, R Hogan
    Subs
    D Brennan
    E Morrissey
    J Cleere
    C Delaney
    C Buckley
    J Maher
    B Ryan
    B Sheehan
    L Blanchfield
    G Aylward
    A Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭brookville

As expected wally in buckley out.Richie reid loses out on the squad and alyward comes in.Hopefully we get the match ups right.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fallowbuck

Happy with the team named tonight it's spot on. We have a fighters chance gwan the cat's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

The best of luck to all our teams this weekend we go in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 treklane

going to be some match tomorrow evening lads and ladys may the best team win.
    only be a point between the sides on paper,
    2 great teams goin at it
    honestly think no winner will come out draw all over it..
    limerick people have the upmost respect for kilkenny great county.
    best of luck,,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Limerick hot favourites they have proved thereselves, if we can keep it respectable be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Happy with that team and good options from the bench.the nearer the game the more confident I am.good luvk to the minors.they could set up a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Looking forward to the game. Hopefully i get out of work to see the start. I think the start to this game is crucial. If Limerick get the start Cork did 2 weeks ago i don't think we will turn it around as easy. But if we were to get a start like that it would put this Limerick team under severe pressure. Kilkenny have nothing to lose today. All the pundits seem to be tipping Limerick. I have to say one thing about Cody's handling of Hogan. Against everyone's opinion i think he has got it right. Richie has being unlucky with injuries last few years. I think Cody has kept him as fresh as he can for the latter stages if we got there which we have. I don't think we would be seeing Richie today if he had started all league and championship games. Wishing all KK teams best of luck today.

Best of luck to the Minors and Seniors today.

I'll be pretty happy as long as we: (i) don't resort to lumping high ball on our forwards and (ii) don't allow our half-back line be dragged out the pitch.

Think we have probably our best 15 on the field. Their might be a few tweaks at throw in .I genuinely think we can win this our graph is rising
    It could take extra time or even another day out. Jesus it's great to be back
    At this level. Think the Kilkenny supporters are up for this to.comon the cats .be loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭usualstripes

1 Lower Hogan 336 ticket for sale €25.Pm if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭usualstripes

1 Lower Hogan 336 ticket for sale €25.Pm if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

Just passed the seniors warming up outside their hotel. All looking very relaxed!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

That Zac Bay Hammond has had an awful roasting. He cant come out after half time. Good game so far though the powers that be really need to start the conversation about the weight of the ball.

• Advertisement

Quite comfortable for the majority of this second half. Some lovely scores

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement