Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 25th May 2018

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

How in the jaysus does this essential funding take months where people are scamming te feck of the system and councils are as efficient as fools...(they replace basically brand new kitchens in houses they have bought with poverty spec brand new council kitchens costing sheite loads).

I saw that in the news, in where yer wan got housed by all the mod cons, but results not enough people got housed.

Compared t similar stories in where good houses are stripped off good furnishings & replaced with generic fittings by the council???
    Renault are doing a 125 years comp.

It’s true there is so selfless act..

& then no doubt unfortunately get hit by a recall :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I don't know. I hope not.

I'm just saying, I have a feeling there are people who might say publicly they were voting yes, and then in the privacy of the booth, vote no.

I think it'll end up closer to the result of the marriage equality referendum, which was around 62:38 in favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nah I'm not going too far
    I saw that in the news, in where yer wan got housed by all the mod cons, but results not enough people got housed.

Compared t similar stories in where good houses are stripped off good furnishings & replaced with generic fittings by the council???

& then no doubt unfortunately get hit by a recall :(

Yes and no sensible question like where was the fadder(s) of her kids in the contribution to their upkeep so to speak. Also whoy have 2 kids in the middle of a housing crisis, has she ever heard of a Jewrex?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Looking forward to United Ireland referendum on the agenda next.

Tiocfaidh Ár Lá. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The HSE will now have to organise clinics all around the country, I’m sure they make one great job of it altogether, with no direct cost or inconvenience to the clients in search of the services.

Sorry but this is not true at all.

It has been clearly stated there will be no abortion clinics in Ireland.

It will be a GP led treatment.

It's a medical abortion not a surgical one.
    2 tablets to be taken, one at the GP and one at home a couple of days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

To all the LLS thread regulars, have a great summer!

*grabs surfboard*

Nos da :D

You too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Bullshit. They made up their own minds this time, rather than being led by the nose by the Catholic Church, which thankfully had the good sense to keep a relatively low profile during the referendum.

I was at a confirmation, officiated by Kevin Doran, yesterday and if he'd made one comment about the 8th I'd have got up and clip clopped down the aisle. I've no doubt my wife and daughters would have followed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

sligojoek wrote: »
    I was at a confirmation, officiated by Kevin Doran, yesterday and if he'd made one comment about the 8th I'd have got up and clip clopped down the aisle. I've no doubt my wife and daughters would have followed me.

Did any other churches have masses against Repealing the 8th? I noticed a few churches were advertising masses against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

For all the criticism the Irish Catholic Church gets (much of it wholly deserved), this referendum, and the marriage equality one, has shown that they've accepted that their role in public life isn't what it was.

M

Great to see the loss of power, the sooner utter traitor backward fookwiths who still back up politicians who signed them up for €15k plus EU debt the better.

• Advertisement

For all the criticism the Irish Catholic Church gets (much of it wholly deserved), this referendum, and the marriage equality one, has shown that they've accepted that their role in public life isn't what it was.

You'd think so-but they never learn. Even after the marriage referendum, they were still whinging.

M

You'd think so-but they never learn. Even after the marriage referendum, they were still whinging.

The Irish government should have properly legislated surrogacy before the same sex referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I am in shock I really thought the referendum votes would have been a lot closer. Even bordering on 50/50.

Not too be pedantic, but not a single vote has been counted yet. Exit polls are subject to numerous statistical discrepancies, none more so than dishonesty in saying how you voted, which would be at an all time high for this particular referendum given the devisive nature of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BarleySweets

thelad95 wrote: »
    Not too be pedantic, but not a single vote has been counted yet. Exit polls are subject to numerous statistical discrepancies, none more so than dishonesty in saying how you voted, which would be at an all time high for this particular referendum given the devisive nature of it.

Sure, but the truth will be public knowledge tomorrow, there’s no reason for such a large & widespread population of No-voters to lie. If it turns out that the No-side was filled with so many people who’d take an exit poll and intentionally lie that there was enough among the No-side to influence a poll of just 4,000 people, that would be an awful indictment of not just their campaign but also of the kinds of people we live amongst.

I disagree with the No-side on this issue but I find it impossible to believe that there’s that many dishonest people among their ranks. The vast, vast, majority of the No-side that I’ve spoken to in real life and on here are decent, honest people. We just have different priorities on this issue.

I’m going for the poll is going to fall in in line with the +-2%. Maybe a little more variance to account for regional differences of opinion but nothing like the +-18% needed for the poll to have called an incorrect result.

Just watching that kirwin dude...sigh...very eight years ago..

edit..haha..yeah, yer mans face said it all really..

jesus..these pontificating b list celebs would drive you to drink..

Just watching that kirwin dude...sigh...very eight years ago..

edit..haha..yeah, yer mans face said it all really..

jesus..these pontificating b list celebs would drive you to drink..

He was bad...for sure. It was pretty painful, and this after a woman going on about angels and fairies.

Still think Jason Byrne tops the poll for the sheer pain he causes...at being unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

When you are riding someone what does the angel do?

Hopefully, some day your angel will find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

mloc123 wrote: »
    This is a strange interview. She is pretty annoying.

You would be a good fit for the happy brigade on the Liveline thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Like I can understand how this clap-trap was a feature on Gaybo's LLS, but in modern Ireland? For feck sake. How many patients in the Central Mental Hospital claim to be seeing angels or whatnot? Bring them on too while we are at it. Because we have to accept everyone's opinions these days

I don't remember Gaybo having the likes of this one on. If he did he would have asked her a few taxing questions at least. Tubs gives far too much airtime to these kind of freaks. He had that complete headbanger Joe Coleman on twice, the guy who said the devil was warning him to stay off the telly.

I don't remember Gaybo having the likes of this one on. If he did he would have asked her a few taxing questions at least. Tubs gives far too much airtime to these kind of freaks. He had that complete headbanger Joe Coleman on twice, the guy who said the devil was warning him to stay off the telly.

He had Sinead O'Connor and her 'spin-off' culty church on. (There was later discovered to be some heinous stuff with them). I remember an Alien cult leader on too who believed Jesus was the son of an Alien and human hybrid who had impregnated Mary.

Got more taxing questions too, from Gaybo. (Gaybo was one of the few presenters to rip the piddle out of Scientology).

I can understand trying to do a 'soft' show because of the sensitivity of the referendum-but it was tragically boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

(I think it's becoming a regular clichlaming the RCC, almost old hat at this stage.)

Did it really discriminate against other beliefs?
    I don't think so, and I'm thinking compared to being Catholic in the UK.

Dominant perhaps, but not more so than any other predominant religion in any other European country.

The biggest act of discrimination was making divorce illegal even for non-Catholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

He had Sinead O'Connor and her 'spin-off' culty church on. (There was later discovered to be some heinous stuff with them). I remember an Alien cult leader on too who believed Jesus was the son of an Alien and human hybrid who had impregnated Mary.

Got more taxing questions too, from Gaybo. (Gaybo was one of the few presenters to rip the piddle out of Scientology).

I can understand trying to do a 'soft' show because of the sensitivity of the referendum-but it was tragically boring.

Didn't he have Doris Stokes on plying whatever it was she plied.

'I have an Andrew does anybody know an Andrew...no..it's actually Anthony I'm hearing does anybody know an Anthony...anyone ? Sorry it's Alphonsus I'm getting anybody know an Alphonsus or maybe it's Aloysius....no we'll move on Gay. I have a Bernard and he's telling me something about 'better value' anyone know a Bernard....anyone at all ?

'Gay I'm hearing a Patrick or is it Paddy and he's with Mary on the other side.....any takers....don't all shout together then'

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Didn't he have Doris Stokes on plying whatever it was she plied.

'I have an Andrew does anybody know an Andrew...no..it's actually Anthony I'm hearing does anybody know an Anthony...anyone ? Sorry it's Alphonsus I'm getting anybody know an Alphonsus or maybe it's Aloysius....no we'll move on Gay. I have a Bernard and he's telling me something about 'better value' anyone know a Bernard....anyone at all ?

'Gay I'm hearing a Patrick or is it Paddy and he's with Mary on the other side.....any takers....don't all shout together then'

So did Pat Kenny-and didn't she bring up the personal details of a woman who had a miscarriage, on live tv?

Like, we know these people-the false psychics-have someone who they use to gather details from individuals, so that's how she knew about the miscarriage. But then bringing that up on TV-sick.

So did Pat Kenny-and didn't she bring up the personal details of a woman who had a miscarriage, on live tv?

Like, we know these people-the false psychics-have someone who they use to gather details from individuals, so that's how she knew about the miscarriage. But then bringing that up on TV-sick.

I didn't see that show, sounds terrible. The poor woman. Thanks again for sharing this story.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I didn't see that show, sounds terrible. The poor woman. Thanks again for sharing this story.

Ah I looked it up, this was during his time on the Late Late show-and she was dead by then (Stokes died in 87).

I'm trying to remember who this woman was - I think Northern Irish, blind and psychic.
    Whoever she was, a caller rang in to the show to say they had gone to one of her shows, and she was completely wrong on everything. That she was a charlatan etc.

Ah I looked it up, this was during his time on the Late Late show-and she was dead by then (Stokes died in 87).

I'm trying to remember who this woman was - I think Northern Irish, blind and psychic.
    Whoever she was, a caller rang in to the show to say they had gone to one of her shows, and she was completely wrong on everything. That she was a charlatan etc.

There's a 'blind psychic' thread on Boards and it mentions a similar woman. I'm unable to post a link.

Advertisement