Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 25th May 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

This is a strange interview. She is pretty annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,580 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nah I'm not going too far
    thelad95 wrote: »
    It is terrifying to think that predators like her attacker and mark henessey seemingly operate as normal members of society with families and jobs, yet are capable of such hideous and needless abuse in such a cold blooded setting.

If he wasn't spotted putting the poor Jastine in the boot of his car she would likely just have been reported as missing, perhaps never found.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

22 years

For once - sounds right

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Jason Byrne should be banned from television
    cactuspaw wrote: »
    mother of god....

how is this woman seen as mentaly sane?

unemployed angles, seen them down the social welfare office.

Don't be so obtuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

I thought that as well. But think it was 2016.

I see, my mrs. was accosted around that time, St. Patrick's Day. On the way to work, early. Near a Luas station. She didn't get on the LLS. Gardai were slow/reluctant to take a statement. Until she revealed she'd been threatened with violence. Still, investigation has ground to a halt. Due to apathy, imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

22 Years? An unusual but very welcome dose of justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Adulting, What?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

mloc123 wrote: »
    I think she's nervous. What happened to her is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

F*ck that.

She's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jones 19

She's a tough women

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

murpho999 wrote: »
    You don't think Catholicism was too dominant and discriminated against other beliefs?

(I think it's becoming a regular cliché blaming the RCC, almost old hat at this stage.)

Did it really discriminate against other beliefs?
    I don't think so, and I'm thinking compared to being Catholic in the UK.

Dominant perhaps, but not more so than any other predominant religion in any other European country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

mloc123 wrote:

Her sharing her story of being attacked is annoying you? What did you expect, jokes and laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'll be switching off the show before the feminazi celebrations of the referendum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Craebear wrote: »
    22 Years? An unusual but very welcome dose of justice.

Would imagine it's 22 years in total - 3 sentences to run concurrently probably 8 years with 6 to do in reality.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

A very brave lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Her sharing her story of being attacked is annoying you? What did you expect, jokes and laughs.

That is the strange part, she was making jokes. Terrible attack of course but the interview was just strange

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Can someone wake me for the exist poll results ? No way am I suffering Jason Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

She's more than likely still quite affected especially actually discussing the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,580 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

mzungu wrote: »
    A very brave lady.

The court rooms are not easy places to go at all, the accused can choose as is their right to not be questioned whatsoever and can call whatever witnesses they wish, it's very intimidating. The jury can sit through a trial for weeks and never even hear the accused talk, no possible way to gauge them as a human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I'll be switching off the show before the feminazi celebrations of the referendum

Apparently some are planning a big shindig at Dublin Castle similar to the marriage equality
    i. e. trying to get their photo taken.

I think that would be such bad taste.

The hyperactive juvenile twitterati just don't realise this referendum and some people on both sides have very sensitive and understandable reasons for their positions, unlike the last one.

To try to party, brag and virtue signal due to it, is quite disgusting imo.

• Advertisement

Jason Byrne Repels me

That is the strange part, she was making jokes. Terrible attack of course but the interview was just strange

I think it’s her way of taking back charge of herself, compartmentalising the attack and putting it in its box. It’s a coping strategy, and a successful one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

walshb wrote: »
    In stitches here!!

Same here! Splitting my sides!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Sorry to be facetious, but where was her guardian angel?

A brave woman and they should have had her on before the angel looper. That would have put it in context.

Apparently some are planning a big shindig at Dublin Castle similar to the marriage equality
    i. e. trying to get their photo taken.

I think that would be such bad taste.

The hyperactive juvenile twitterati just don't realise this referendum and some people on both sides have very sensitive and understandable reasons for their positions, unlike the last one.

To try to party, brag and virtue signal due to it, is quite disgusting imo.

Agree - no mater what an abortion is not a celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Can someone wake me for the exist poll results ? No way am I suffering Jason Byrne

According to another thread, exit polls indicate a landslide 'yes' vote. However, never count yer chickens 'fore they're hatched etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I know this voice, I thought he was Nicky Byrne in voice overs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Cooper is class at the voices - amazing.

His Ivan Yates is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Evening all, last Late Late of the season, Im happy it is up but sad for the thread, yall been great fun throughout, if not for the thread I wouldnt even be watching it.

Anyway Ive an anecdote about that wan Lorna and the angels. Back around 2010 I used to be an Airbnb host, it had only just launched and I dived right into it as Id a spare bedroom close to town. Anyways this wan from LA who was a filmaker came to stay with me a few nights in Dublin before heading down to Kilkenny to meet Lorna and then back to my place to stay one further night before flying back to LA. She wanted to pitch her idea for a film to Lorna.

In anyways she wasnt even in my gaff less than an hour and there she was telling me all about angels and how she regularly communcates with them. I was sitting there on the sofa dumbfounded about all this. On the second day she told me she had been talking to the angel of Jim Morrison in my bedroom, she had asked Jim was he still writing poetry and the update from beyond the grave is that he writes it everyday. We had many conversations about her and these angles, she also spoke to JFKs angel who asked her to "try to bring an end to war in the Iraq". I kid you not.

So on the third day she leaves and heads to Kilkenny. 48 hours later I get a phonecall from a consultant psychiatrist in Kilkenny hospital asking did I know her. He told me that she had been committed to a mental institution by the Gardai and needed to find a next of kin. There was only one phone number in her phone- mine, because she had bought an Irish sim card for her stay here. I told him she had stayed with me a few nights and I told him that she had been chatting to angels and apparently Jim Morrison still writes poetry and JFK wants and end to war in "the Iraq" . He was not a single a bit surprised.

The phonecall from the psychiatrist ended with me saying she was due to fly to LA the following Monday. He said no-way would she be making that flight with all the medication they had her on, her discharge would not be for 2 or even three weeks. Whatever she did in Kilkenny must have been serious, the Gardai only commit people if there are a serious risk to themselves or others. Either way the psych wasnt telling me what exactly happened for her to be arrested and forced against her will into a mental institution.

I always did want to know if she got to meet Lorna Byrne. Having seen that interview with her just now got me thinking that the two of them would have got on like a house on fire.

tl,dr version-whackos attract whackos

• Advertisement

iora_rua wrote: »
    According to another thread, exit polls indicate a landslide 'yes' vote. However, never count yer chickens 'fore they're hatched etc.

Is the chickens and hatching an intended pun ? :)

Advertisement