Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The reg is vehicle reg 171-D-20419
    They have identified the owner. And are looking for him. According to the Independent.ie
    Investigating detectives are currently examining a number of possible sightings of the vehicle since the abduction took place, including reports of a woman in distress in the rear of a dark coloured Nissan in south Dublin.

Godspeed and safety to our Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Gatling wrote: »
    The official Garda release just used 171-D -2
    So chances are they looking at a different reg

The guards leak things to the papers all the time. If they legally couldn’t give the reg out for fear of hero’s approaching the car they can always pass on a piece of paper to Paul Williams or any of their other buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Patww79 wrote: »
    Why are they blocking the reg now? They originally had it unhidden, was that one wrong?

I think they had a partial reg when first releasing an appeal and have since got complete reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The guards leak things to the papers all the time. If they legally couldn’t give the reg out for fear of hero’s approaching the car they can always pass on a piece of paper to Paul Williams or any of their other buddies.

Not necessarily true especially if it leads to mass confusion and sighings of the wrong car

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

From the Indo website

“Missing Jastine: Gardai issue reg of suspect vehicle but urge public not to approach

Gardai have urged public to be vigilant for vehicle reg 171-D-20419”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

They still have the full reg listed on their official twitter page (the very top tweet on their feed) so I imagine if the information on this was incorrect they would have changed it by now.

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/998238704127836161

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Fairly certain on the Six One news that the reg was 20419 and they have identified the address where it should be located. Could be a rental?

Anyone in the area? Are the garda choppers out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

often the guards in this country don't appear to have a clue what they are doing. maybe i'm being a bit harsh, but i don't have much confidence in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Surely whoever owns that car knows he's fecked and it would be better to release her unharmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

The reg is vehicle reg 171-D-20419
    They have identified the owner. And are looking for him. According to the Independent.ie
    Investigating detectives are currently examining a number of possible sightings of the vehicle since the abduction took place, including reports of a woman in distress in the rear of a dark coloured Nissan in south Dublin.

Where in South Dublin, anybody know? I'll go out now and start driving around on the off-chance. If everyone goes looking somebody might spot this scumbag.

often the guards in this country don't appear to have a clue what they are doing. maybe i'm being a bit harsh, but i don't have much confidence in them.

Is this a comparative study to other police forces internationally? Every incident, especiallly a missing person, is different. The procedures of solving the crime aren't generic.
    The Gardai seem to be doing a good job here with the expediency of the investigation, the info gathered and the spread of said info to the public

eviltwin wrote: »
    Surely whoever owns that car knows he's fecked and it would be better to release her unharmed.

you are assuming this person is thinking rationally.
    my guess it's a "family matter", so emotions may well be running quite high.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Anyone in the area? Are the garda choppers out?

A lot of helicopter activity today around Bray

Is this a comparative study to other police forces internationally? Every incident, especiallly a missing person, is different. The procedures of solving the crime aren't generic.
    The Gardai seem to be doing a good job here with the expediency of the investigation, the info gathered and the spread of said info to the public

no its just my impression and experience. maybe the recent poor publicity surrounding them doesn't help. smearing of whistleblowers, penalty points, recordin of data etc.
    i would be interested to see what how our crime solution rates compare with equally sized countries elsewhere.
    certainly the amount of young women in Leinster whose disappearance remains unsolved is very concerning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You know, some people would argue about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Very scary and bizarre , it’s been over a day since a witness saw the girl being pulled into a car which doesn’t bode well, broad daylight too, I can’t help but think of the case of Deirdre Jacob, same thing witnesses saw her walking along a road very close to her home alone in broad daylight, prayers that this girl is found safe.

no its just my impression and experience. maybe the recent poor publicity surrounding them doesn't help. smearing of whistleblowers, penalty points, recordin of data etc.
    i would be interested to see what how our crime solution rates compare with equally sized countries elsewhere.
    certainly the amount of young women in Leinster whose disappearance remains unsolved is very concerning.

Any missing person is concerning but I don't think Irish Gardai have any unusual than expected rate of solving these crimes. Successful recoveries of missing people in Ireland actually is very high, thank god. Reports have been carried out by The Oireachtas and Garda Inspectorate to improve procedures.
    Most missing people investigations are solved within HOURS. This one seems on the way to be solved I am confident also, just praying it has a fully successful outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adgib

Being caught with pepper spray is classed as being in possession of a firearm

adgib wrote: »
    Being caught with pepper spray is classed as being in possession of a firearm

More men get attacked while out in their own than women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

RTE says car wasnt stolen- so like others here I am wondering why the hell they dont release the identity of who was driving it?!

Any missing person is concerning but I don't think Irish Gardai have any unusual than expected rate of solving these crimes.Successful recoveries of missing people in Ireland actually is very high, thank god. Reports have been carried out by The Oireachtas and Garda Inspectorate to improve procedures.
    Most missing people investigations are solved within HOURS. This one seems on the way to be solved I am confident also, just praying it has a fully successful outcome.

do you have any evidence or statistics to back that up, or is that just what you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

ted1 wrote: »
    Larry Murphy mother was buried the other day. Winder did he come back for it.

Wasn't uncommon to see him in the Dun Laoghaire/Killiney area these past few years..

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

The poor girl and her family. I hope she is found safe and well. The abductor would have family, friends and neighbours who would recognise the reg. They should release his name. Every hour that goes by is critical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Is there a cartel website thing where you put a reg in and find a cars history.
    I’m obviously not saying the police can’t do that but would somebody here know how?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

wellwhynot wrote: »
    The poor girl and her family. I hope she is found safe and well. The abductor would have family, friends and neighbours who would recognise the reg. They should release his name. Every hour that goes by is critical.

she's the same age as my ohs daughter.

please god she is found safe and well.

her poor family

Patww79 wrote: »

GUBU?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

I doubt Larry Murphy would have the funds to purchase a 17 reg car. I don’t think there would be much demand for his carpentry services in Ireland. The Gardai in their statement said the owner of the car so I assume it is not rented.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement