Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

There's another bug which keeps happening mid-game. Your killstreaks reset to the default / starting streaks, personal radar etc... Give me patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Finished the campaign there. Phenomenal. Several missions will last long in the memory. Really good variation too, bits of stealth thrown in for example rather than just standard FPS stuff. And really enjoyed some of the night ones too.

Alas I tried the MP again but just not for me. Whether that's the game or cos I'm crap I'm not too sure! Either way this is heading to CEX tomorrow, it's been a short but very sweet COD experience.

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Finished the campaign there. Phenomenal. Several missions will last long in the memory. Really good variation too, bits of stealth thrown in for example rather than just standard FPS stuff. And really enjoyed some of the night ones too.

Alas I tried the MP again but just not for me. Whether that's the game or cos I'm crap I'm not too sure! Either way this is heading to CEX tomorrow, it's been a short but very sweet COD experience.

probably better off selling on adverts more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Damien360

JimBurnley wrote: »

Currently playing the SP and the general gameplay hasn’t changed but the story and characters you play is stunning.

MP is ok for a quick game. Campers are beginning to irritate. Had a few strange team death match games where it was hard to find anyone. They were hiding but the map was so big you spent ages searching for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Worst part about the camping is, I don't even think its as simple as just tweaking spawns or making dead silence into a perk, the maps are so fundamentally geared towards campers that combatting the issue is going to be really difficult to fix without a drastic overhaul of the maps which obviously won't happen.

I understand wanting to deviate from the classic three lane formula, but it feels like someone with no experience was let loose with a custom map editor with no consideration for how the maps flow or play.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

goon_magee wrote: »
    Worst part about the camping is, I don't even think its as simple as just tweaking spawns or making dead silence into a perk, the maps are so fundamentally geared towards campers that combatting the issue is going to be really difficult to fix without a drastic overhaul of the maps which obviously won't happen.

I understand wanting to deviate from the classic three lane formula, but it feels like someone with no experience was let loose with a custom map editor with no consideration for how the maps flow or play.

They did it with Ghosts too. No matter where you run, someone can pop up and get you. When you are capturing a B objective, there appears to be an average of 5 spots in cover that you can be taken out from. Against a good team who may even only be innocently guarding it can become a why bother trying situation. The advantage of kilstreaks is insane. Why there's no SAM turrets or similar in the game I'll never know. Some don't come down after 4 launcher hits and rack up the kills.

One of the things that would balance ghost is removing snapshot grenades from the list. It is the only thing that should be a counter for ghost. Ghost with snapshot is way too OP. Didn't realise about the suppressor thing when there's a UAV but I do hope it is kept that way with the lack of counters for ghost it is something that does balance it a little.

Fully agree about Pointman it is a worthless perk. They should make it a field upgrade lowering the threshold for points where capping and playing the objective gives the points towards streaks or make it automatically give the objective score towards streaks. There is no incentive to play the objective anyway without using, with it taking up a perk slot you get punished for using it. Wish they brought back the pro versions of some perks where you get a choice to upgrade one or two perks after a certain level could even attach this to seasons where it's reset. Hardline having pointman attached with every 100 points going towards streaks.

A re-shuffle of perks would probably be needed if they added dead silence as a perk. Get rid of pointman and add tracker from perk 3 and put that in perk 2 with dead silence being added to perk 3. The launcher reload should be be an armoury upgrade also so they could probably put faster weapon swap in with tune-up if adding dead silence. Ghost and Tracker should not be a thing it removes death markers of enemies you kill!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Any of the OG's buy this yoke? If so get on PS4 with us

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Making dead silence a perk would be pointless as everyone would have to have it. Like stopping power back in the day. Just make footsteps less clear. Not been a huge problem before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've been playing the single player today. I just can't get into it. Lots of people raving about it but to me it feels cramped for some reason. Not enjoying indoor sections. Gun sounds are satisfying but I just don't care for the story or characters.

Huge fan of the original Modern Warfare, heard a few people saying this was as good but definitely not in my eyes.

Came across a bug that lets you see through smoke lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,883 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, so I was at a gig Thursday night last, and due to that I wasn't at home for the launch. I had it pre-ordered in GameStop but changed that at the last minute and bought digitally (at 2am on Friday, mouldy drunk), thinking it would be ready for me the following evening. It downloaded Campaign Pack 2, so still had about 100GB to download when I got home. Anyway...

I love it. Unlike some, I'm not really feeling the campaign. It's just not grabbing me. I'm about 3 hours in I'd say. The one you're working for (civilian fighter wan) is just not likable to me. Wanna punch her. So i've been concentrating on the MP.

Gave Ground War a few go's, not really my thing but a bit of a laugh. Mainly playing DOM 20, with some games of TDM 20 thrown in, and I like it. Aside from the missions making me use other weapons, I've been sticking to the M91. Think I have it at level 47 or something, while my account is 37. Anyway, fantastic gun, can mow them down with enough prep time! The amount of mods for the guns is crazy, even if about 50% of them are different types of optics! The gameplay is fast, fluid and typical CoD, but seems a lot tighter than previous entries. Definitely a "return to form" as some people are calling it (even though IW and AW were fantastic - they never lost the form imo). But, I will mirror what others have said, the spawn points and camping are getting a bit annoying.

There are a couple of maps, like Euphrates Bridge and Arlov Peak where you can easily be spawn killed or stuck on your spawn side and unable to get out of there due to so many hiding places the enemy teams can snipe/kill you from. Euphrates Bridge is especially annoying as it takes upn to 30 seconds to get back near the action, only to be sniped from 1 of 6 million places. Pretty sure I've played that map at least 20 times and spent 95% of it running from the spawn point for 30 seconds, shot, repeat. Which is strange, as I've also had some amazingly close matches on those 2 maps, so with 2 good teams those maps are brilliant, but if you don't have a good team it's just pants. Unlike other maps, even with a bad team you can enjoy it, but not these 2.

I'll give them time, it's early days yet, and I'm genuinely loving it so far, aside from Activision forcing my online name change, it's now PotentialM and not PotentialMonkey. Might give the campaign another go over the weekend. Also, quite annoying that the night maps are only available in Realism. Didn't know that until I was Googling the names of the maps for this post. They'd want to bring them into the main modes soon.

Came across a bug that lets you see through smoke lol

Put down a shielded turret kill streak. Throw a smoke in front of you. The smoke disappears through the transparency on the shields. I've yet to abuse it considering that turret is fairly **** in the first place.

You can see a snipers glint through smoke. All these bugs are ruining the game for me. Especially the challenges bug. Can't find much about it on reddit so wondering if it is just a few people experiencing it. It happens on Xbox, is it happening on other platforms?

There are a couple of maps, like Euphrates Bridge and Arlov Peak where you can easily be spawn killed or stuck on your spawn side and unable to get out of there due to so many hiding places the enemy teams can snipe/kill you from. Euphrates Bridge is especially annoying as it takes upn to 30 seconds to get back near the action, only to be sniped from 1 of 6 million places. Pretty sure I've played that map at least 20 times and spent 95% of it running from the spawn point for 30 seconds, shot, repeat. Which is strange, as I've also had some amazingly close matches on those 2 maps, so with 2 good teams those maps are brilliant, but if you don't have a good team it's just pants. Unlike other maps, even with a bad team you can enjoy it, but not these 2.

I'll give them time, it's early days yet, and I'm genuinely loving it so far, aside from Activision forcing my online name change, it's now PotentialM and not PotentialMonkey. Might give the campaign another go over the weekend. Also, quite annoying that the night maps are only available in Realism. Didn't know that until I was Googling the names of the maps for this post. They'd want to bring them into the main modes soon.

The bridge on Euphrates should be blocked off from view or limited so you don't see into each others spawn from it, players just don't bother leaving the spawn. If both teams are attacking B in Dom it can be a good map. Arklov Peak, the A flag is miles away from spawn, can spawn trap really good there when players know how. The elevation changes on this map take some getting used to but once you do it is a very fun map to play. You can cap B from either side of the tanks for cover from the windows that overlook. If you are trapped at A, easy kills to be had with a well placed c4 and or RPG into the window opposite the barn.

That Palace map is poison stay clear! Not sure why that is not a GW map, way too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Challenges are pretty buggy for me on PC too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PS4 too, not a game breaker.
    Leave game and go back in and it usually corrects itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Who thought it was a good idea to let you character scream call outs that the enemy can hear!!!!!

Challenged a guy nearly out of ammo so ducked back out a door and reloaded. Middle of reload he jumps around and kills me. Clear as day in the kill cam I can hear my character telling the whole map he’s reloading ffs and Jesus f*cking Christ “CONTACT” just to warn the camping f*ck in case you had managed to sneak up on someone using the 15 seconds of dead silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Playing Grand there for a good few matches. Now I've been kicked 7 times in a row due to server disconnect. What the hell are they doing releasing garbage like this.

Multiplayer challenge(Mode of Destruction) not registering - Plant or defuse 5 bombs, have done it, not one has registered.

Even exiting/re-entering doesn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have a love hate relationship with this now, the TTK on PC is pushing me away.
    Thankfully BFV just dropped its best patch and content ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

heroics wrote: »
    Who thought it was a good idea to let you character scream call outs that the enemy can hear!!!!!

Challenged a guy nearly out of ammo so ducked back out a door and reloaded. Middle of reload he jumps around and kills me. Clear as day in the kill cam I can hear my character telling the whole map he’s reloading ffs and Jesus f*cking Christ “CONTACT” just to warn the camping f*ck in case you had managed to sneak up on someone using the 15 seconds of dead silence.

rzt2afv4h4w31.png

F1ngers wrote: »
    Multiplayer challenge(Mode of Destruction) not registering - Plant or defuse 5 bombs, have done it, not one has registered.

Even exiting/re-entering doesn't help.

It will deactivate when you search. Try scrolling through the list to see if you can see a checkmark (like it is completed) on one of the missions, will flash to no checkmark when scrolled to or menu opened. For me this was Warriors Code, activating this seems to keep the search deactivation to a minimum, it will still deactivate but will track most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Kill confirmed added this morning with patch 1.06. No patch notes yet.

Please god tell me they added mercenary tdm? It's pointless playing alone and coming up against parties and being destroyed.

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Kill confirmed added this morning with patch 1.06. No patch notes yet.

NVG added too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Homelander

I think it's the best COD mp in a good while but I still find it frustrating. There seems to be this obsession with offering you the chance to get shot from one of 20 different places no matter where you're standing in most of the maps. A bit more simplicity in general map design would go a serious long way for me personally. Battalion 1944 is a perfect example of excellent, classic map design in my opinion.

Patch 1.06
    11/2/19 - Title Update/Playlist Update

More fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms

Battlechatter has been removed from tactical, one-life modes

APCs and Tanks in Ground War no longer award points towards a nuke

Fix for charms affecting weapon performance when firing from the hip

Claymores: Stun grenades can now force claymores into a disabled state for 3 seconds

Footsteps: Adjustments to tame the 3rd person footsteps. They will now filter out based on occlusion more.

Fix to an issue where Tac Inserts could cause players to spawn out of bounds

Fix for the gold camo not unlocking on the .357

Playlist Update

NVG (TDM only)

Ground War

Gunfight

Kill Confirmed

FFA

Not sure how all of that is 2.5GB update!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Patch 1.06

Not sure how all of that is 2.5GB update!

Mine was 5GB or more on PC, earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Haven't updated yet but great to see kill confirmed back! My favourite mode!

• Advertisement

Kill confirmed is a good antidote to the camping. Shotguns still reign supreme in it though.

Advertisement