Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

heroics wrote: »
    Haven’t played a game with a disk in years sorry.

Is it only the COD disc?

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/PS4-Problems-Reading-Discs?language=en_US

It seems to have downloaded ‘campaign 2’ and no other part of the game?

Game refuses to launch now after the patch on PC using AMD hardware and latest drivers

Crashes as soon as the Infinity Ward logo appears

Typical ****e, I've been trying to find out how the hell I get a refund and it's a vague as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Haven't been able to play all day. Keeps freezing during campaign and for multiplayer I'll get into a match and 5 seconds in I freeze and time out after a few minutes. Madness

On PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

After 3 days of Multi, I dived into Single player today. First COD in a long long time with an excellent single player campaign.

Had a go at the single player last night and it's really, really good. Graphics and gun play are top-notch but the problem for me is the awful stuttering during the cutscenes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

When was Hardcore added? If you go to quick play filter and press x you can filter for HC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Venom wrote: »
    Had a go at the single player last night and it's really, really good. Graphics and gun play are top-notch but the problem for me is the awful stuttering during the cutscenes :(

Yeah a lot of people are saying avoid the campaign until this is fixed.
    I plan to wait anyways, last fps with a good campain for me was Titanfall2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

What was in today's patch? Downloading very slow for me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What was in today's patch? Downloading very slow for me

My game stopped crashing since the latest update.

Seeing so many people putting down a shield turret and just leaving it there, think they might be under the impression it shots automatically or is a sentry gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Having not enjoyed the last few instalments, I'm actually having a lot of fun with the game.

Campaign is fantastic, easily the best FPS campaign I have played since Titanfall 2. Much like the original MW was a huge shot in the arm for the FPS genre back when it released, this feels like it's reinvigorating the CoD franchise in a similar fashion.

Multiplayer also seems decent, new engine and gunplay have really freshened things up. My only complaint is that camping seems to be an excessive issue now. Reverting to kill streaks rather than score streaks along with a super short TTK is leading to a crazy amount of people hid in corners afraid to move in case they lose their streak. People seem to be playing solely to preserve their streaks rather than win the game which is a problem to me. Hopefully this improves as map familiarity kicks in and people become willing to take more chances.

The only thing I would say brings the package down is the Spec Ops offering. With how robust things like zombies had become at launch, Spec Ops being so lacklustre at launch is a huge issue for me (I'm specifically referring to the classic Spec Ops missions here).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Damien360

goon_magee wrote: »
    Having not enjoyed the last few instalments, I'm actually having a lot of fun with the game.

Campaign is fantastic, easily the best FPS campaign I have played since Titanfall 2. Much like the original MW was a huge shot in the arm for the FPS genre back when it released, this feels like it's reinvigorating the CoD franchise in a similar fashion.

Multiplayer also seems decent, new engine and gunplay have really freshened things up. My only complaint is that camping seems to be an excessive issue now. Reverting to kill streaks rather than score streaks along with a super short TTK is leading to a crazy amount of people hid in corners afraid to move in case they lose their streak. People seem to be playing solely to preserve their streaks rather than win the game which is a problem to me. Hopefully this improves as map familiarity kicks in and people become willing to take more chances.

The only thing I would say brings the package down is the Spec Ops offering. With how robust things like zombies had become at launch, Spec Ops being so lacklustre at launch is a huge issue for me (I'm specifically referring to the classic Spec Ops missions here).

PS4 player. Haven’t tried SP yet but played MP for about 4 hours last night and yes the campers are annoying but they are sitting in corners. Not impressed with graphics on this. I went up the middle of the map to avoid the campers and play. Flash bangs are really effective.

There are very few people actually playing with a view to winning as you said. I find the maps very small (coming from battlefield) and found my team sniping on the tiny UK map instead of pushing forward. Domination is the only mode this doesn’t happen so much. Except on the bigger map across waste ground. Snipers everywhere in all modes.

Is there logic in the MP setup as I was in games with XB and PS4 with thankfully no PC guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished campaign, absolutely loved it! Usually don't know why of the characters from a cod campaign but found the majority of them really well fleshed out with. Price alone is one of my favourite characters this year.

Tried multiplayer and it was fun, got some nice kills but spent most of my time getting killed by snipers. Can't see myself playing it long-term so gonna sell it while it still has good value.

I just discovered the missions you have to select to begin to unlock. They don't advertise that very well. It's hidden away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I just discovered the missions you have to select to begin to unlock. They don't advertise that very well. It's hidden away.

The one's in MP? Yeah it showed them at the start but I agree very hard to find

There is a lot of things like that with the UI that is very hard to find or not glaringly obvious. Bad design, they didn't follow the tenet of UX design "The user is drunk!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Started playing last night, where is the Team deathmatch, do I have to reach a certain level to unlock this?

Floppybits wrote: »
    Started playing last night, where is the Team deathmatch, do I have to reach a certain level to unlock this?

Pretty sure I saw TDM as an option

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's there.
    Check you have it ticked in the filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If you want to play TDM only. Just change the filters of Quick Play to have only TDM in it.

When hovering over quick play there is an option to the right for "filter" go into this and set the quick play options. Also when in filter you can switch to hardcore where it say "Selected Category: Filtered" which ever button it prompts (should really say "Core"). This menu is really terrible designed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Thanks folks, was wondering where it was was. Why don't they just stick it on the main menu like Free for all. :)

The Pointman perk really sucks. For a level 49 unlock this needs to be a lot better. You are actually punished more for playing the objective with it on and it promotes camping so much more. You don't get the full score for playing the objective first off, kills can give less points if the enemy has already taking damage and a 4 kill streak such as UAV will only give a max of 100 points per use (realistically i'd say this is more like 60 - 80 points per use), it also turns a 4 kill into a 5 kill equivalent streak without getting points from objectives or assists that is. Much better off sticking with Hardline. It also resets when you die, so is not really a scorestreak like in MW3, but it would be OP if so. Just wish it was dynamic in rewarding you the points, such as if you are playing well getting kills /assists and playing the objective the multiplier for points would go nearer to 1.0 or 1.5 to balance it with Hardline.
    Thanks folks, was wondering where it was was. Why don't they just stick it on the main menu like Free for all. :)

Because of bad UX design

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Footsteps are broken.

They give you sitrep pro starting the game.

And they wonder why people are complaining about campers.

The same CoD issues will always be there until they incentivise people to win the game rather than leveling up guns. It needs a proper ranked competitive mode. Even with that, going for kill streak would be a viable strategy so people would still camp to a degree.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Footsteps are broken.

They give you sitrep pro starting the game.

And they wonder why people are complaining about campers.

Need to make Dead Silence a perk!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Finally able to play

There's a bug with the pro version of field upgrades, it just stops working very annoying. Another one with challenges atm where it stops tracking / deactivates, seems true with camo challenges also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

What’s with the enemies being able to hear your call outs.

I’m having a rough time enjoying the mp tbh. I usually run a sub with dead silence and ghost. There is no rushing/stealth class in this game. I just find myself moving really slowly around the map or else getting destroyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

I wanted to love this game but after a few days of play, more and more things are annoying me to the point now where I'll have one or two games on multiplayer and turn it off. I avoided the beta because I like to play the finished game. This still doesn't feel like a finished game to me at all. So I'll throw it up on adverts tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Skyhunter wrote: »
    MP missions are fairly bugged at the moment. Frustrating to say the least.

Yep especially when they reset the pistol one to 0 when its on 29. The old way was a much better system, kills / headshots.

Advertisement