Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Mr.S wrote: »
    Are you doing the quick sprint?

Im actually thinking its my controller, which means i have 2 broken controllers because i cant sprint with my other one. Crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

How do I get good at multiplayer? I was good in cod:ghosts but I'm dire at modern warfare. Really putting me off the game. People seem to camp a lot and ignore objectives!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Jesus played first game of tdm. 3 players off the other team never left the spawns

heroics wrote: »
    Jesus played first game of tdm. 3 players off the other team never left the spawns

A lot of camping from what I see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

A lot of camping from what I see

I'm an admitted camper lads. Sorry if I'm ruining it for you. I'm trying to figure out the maps. Didn't know I needed to run around like a prick so you boys could pick me off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Switching to this from Apex has been interesting....
    I keep going to revive teammates

Haha same here. I get shot and think someones gonna revive me, then I remember its not gonna happen here.

Ironicname wrote: »
    I'm an admitted camper lads. Sorry if I'm ruining it for you. I'm trying to figure out the maps. Didn't know I needed to run around like a prick so you boys could pick me off.

Hard to figure out the map if your camping in the one spot at the back of the map :) I have no problem with slow/tactical play it’s the people that never leave the back of the map for the entire game peaking a corner wreck my head.

tbh after playing for an hour the footsteps are seriously loud. I could hear people miles away on with the headset on and just wait for them. Dead silence needs to be a perk imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Finished the story mode earlier. Bit short I thought. Had a bit of a wtf moment when the credits start rolling. Otherwise it was okay. No mission really stood out except maybe both London ones. Graphics are unreal though.

Don't really understand the Co-op mode yet, still trying to get my head around it. Online seems okay so far, only gripe is the quick play select/de-select game types seems more awkward.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There are loads of campers in multiplayer but I am sort of putting that down to people not knowing the maps yet. I don't know where to check when I'm running about, so I get picked off by campers all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Where's the cheat place in town to get it on PS4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Really enjoying the game so far. Went off COD for a long time and moved to battlefield.
    Started playing Saturday and hate to admit have racked up 11 hours of online games already!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

MarkY91 wrote: »

SuperValu if the offer's still on, was €55 and you could use vouchers with it.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    SuperValu if the offer's still on, was €55 and you could use vouchers with it.

According to the text I got it was Friday and Saturday only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

MarkY91 wrote: »

60 in Argos and a €5 gift card.

PC version I copped is DRM only
    Even in single player Fs

Also it continues to randomly crash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

According to the text I got it was Friday and Saturday only

I seen it was a 48 hour special but they're still replying to comments on FB yesterday so maybe still on?

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Finished the story there.

Short enough, but fun and interesting. Clearly going to be a few sequels to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Middle of the last mission, crashed on ps4 to bluescreen erro CE-34878-0. Everytime i load the game, choose resume, it starts loading and crashes again. Did that 4 times now. Balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

First COD purchase since MW2, the hype got me and he sales pitch videos did look excellent. Some serious patch downloads were a bit of a frustration, I assumed I'd be able to play from the physical disk straight away.

From what little I got to play it since Friday I am enjoying it. The campaign is interesting so far. I played a few TDM games on Friday night and didn't quite disgrace myself - I can't say the same for my first game of Groundwar, not a clue what I was doing.

As for Saturday night, I could not get into a multiplayer game, it kept firing up connection errors as soon as the game loaded, update failing ect. Has this all been fixed? (Xbox) I'll stick to the story mode for now but I get the impression it doesn't last very long.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its not the maps that cause the camping its the stupidly fast time to kill, on PC where aiming is so much faster its whoever sees and shoots first wins 99% of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Dcully wrote: »
    Its not the maps that cause the camping its the stupidly fast time to kill, on PC where aiming is so much faster its whoever sees and shoots first wins 99% of the time.

Iv'e had a good few games where the TTK is stupidly fast (for other players), I know I'm going back on what I previously said but I'm seeing inconsistency. Not sure if it is because of the server, some players can be spongy in comparison to what they shoot at you, definitely felt more like the hardcore TTK in those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

How do you load a customisation? You can save one but there is no obvious way to load the saved blueprint unless its one that you didn't create.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Dcully wrote: »

That’s one of the main reasons I enjoyed Destiny’s PvP so much, if you got shot at first you’d near always have a chance of getting away or getting the kill in before you die. In COD you’ve little to no chance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    That’s one of the main reasons I enjoyed Destiny’s PvP so much, if you got shot at first you’d near always have a chance of getting away or getting the kill in before you die. In COD you’ve little to no chance.

Yeah totally agree, ive played a tonne of D2 pvp lately and its so much better.
    You really have to keep that crosshair/ironsight on the target.
    Everything else about this COD is great, just wish they increased TTK a bit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

After 3 days of Multi, I dived into Single player today. First COD in a long long time with an excellent single player campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

After 3 days of Multi, I dived into Single player today. First COD in a long long time with an excellent single player campaign.

It's genuinely brilliant story telling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Haven't touched SP yet but hammering away at MP.

Domination is the usual nonsense unless your playing with a squad of some sort. Ground war is mental, that district map is just snipers on towers for the majority.

I played SND just there for a while and really enjoyed it. I agree dead silence should be a perk, but having it as a field upgrade is good because you have to use it sensibly, kind of like it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Bought the game there in Argos. Brought it home and put it on. Nothing showed up. Out and in again it showed up. Download update which took a few min. Not it’s not showing up in my games or on the home screen??

Anyone know what might be wrong?

It’s not reading the disk

Brought it back to Argos. They are keeping it because they have to test it. The lad that tests the games isn’t there today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

I'm playing on PS4 (ieMiCr0) if anyone wants to play multiplayer

• Advertisement

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Bought the game there in Argos. Brought it home and put it on. Nothing showed up. Out and in again it showed up. Download update which took a few min. Not it’s not showing up in my games or on the home screen??

Anyone know what might be wrong?

It’s not reading the disk

Brought it back to Argos. They are keeping it because they have to test it. The lad that tests the games isn’t there today.

Haven’t played a game with a disk in years sorry.

Is it only the COD disc?

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/PS4-Problems-Reading-Discs?language=en_US

Advertisement