Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

One of the easiest Platinums, all campaign related trophies.
    No even a token "reach level 5 in MP" trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

GW is a lot better than the beta, less chaotic

Funny bug... Got taken out by a cruise missile in an APC the cross-hair stayed on screen and assisted a no-scope.

https://twitter.com/PhilGolden_/status/1187901148021301254?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Decided to give the Campaign a go last night and really enjoying it great HDR graphics on PS4. MP is fine and a lot more enjoyable then the turd that was Black Ops4. I am waiting for Kill Confirmed to make an appearance. I don't mind the Campers as I will come back and kill you for camping that's a promise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

No deathmatch in mp.. only team deathmatch..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

So far I'm enjoying it. Reminds me of og modern warfare

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    No deathmatch in mp.. only team deathmatch..

FFA is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Killstreaks need to die.

in the HQ? mode spawn...get killed by the gunship repeat infinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DrFunkatron

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Killstreaks need to die.

in the HQ? mode spawn...get killed by the gunship repeat infinity.

Anyone here having issues on Xbox one x? Someone on Reddit is claiming MW has bricked their console after locking up 3 or 4 times 😬

The campaign is really good only played the first 6 missions but really enjoyed them. The only thing is there is no summary of what you get for completing or how well you played the mission. For replayability it would be great to have a score or summary for rewards at the end of a mission. Most of the mission give a double XP token which can be used in MP. This is also very hard to see because you have to activate it with LS down, or equivalent, when the game is in a lobby or counting down to a match. The timer counts down regardless also which sucks!

Does anyone know can you get the campaign double XP rewards over and over again though? Have not tested this out.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm really enjoying it to be honest. Was nervous about buying it on launch since about 6 or so years in a row now I've found them to be pure garbage, but no regrets so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

First few acts of the campaign have been fantastic. I'm too old for online twitch shooters but it's calling to me. It may be the alcohol talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Loving the campaign, tense, gorgeous, non stop. Think I'm just starting mission 9 but really enjoying it, definitely ploughing on to the end before touching multiplayer.

Mr.S wrote: »
    You get a Rank per mission and the reward for completing it, it's just not shown straight after the mission to (I assume) keep the reality of the campaign going.

You can see your rank / reward afterwards on the story mission selector.

It would be more immersive showing it after a mission or in the pause menu when on the next mission. Instead you have to break immersion completely to look online and see!

Famas and that sawn-off without a silencer or scope is a deadly combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Some of the campaign missions were absolutely heart wrenching. Brilliant story telling

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Constant UAV spam ruining an otherwise top class experience for me and the guys i play with.

Anyone here having issues on Xbox one x? Someone on Reddit is claiming MW has bricked their console after locking up 3 or 4 times 😬

Yeah, it's a nightmare. Seems to be linked to being in a party, from my experience. No issues when playing TDM on my own.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrmodernwaaaaaaaaaaaaaarfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare

it get's the old heart pumping

Dcully wrote: »
    Constant UAV spam ruining an otherwise top class experience for me and the guys i play with.

No problem when teammates lend a hand taking them out.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The UAVs are easy to shoot down.

• Advertisement

you can't play ground war on console unless you cross play
    sigh
    because that 's equal

awec wrote: »
    The UAVs are easy to shoot down.

Ofcourse but its no fun spending a whole game trying to shoot them down , 2-3 up constantly is a joke.
    Its a lot worse than previous cod games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Hadn't bought an IW game since Ghosts. You forget just how much their map and game design promotes camping. The amount of crouched/prone ADS killcams for the entire duration of the thing is huge. Little chutes and stuff littered throughout the map. Taking out scorestreaks and making it about kills again only plays into it further.

That said when you get the right game it's been enjoyable. I'm enjoying the 'Alpha' marksman rifle and have come around to the movement mechanics. I hope once people learn the maps there'll be a bit less camping but given the design of them I have worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would Argos be the best place to pick this up tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seemingly there is another ground war map, personaolly I dont believe and think its an internet rumour.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Switching to this from Apex has been interesting....
    I keep going to revive teammates

MiCr0 wrote: »

Play cyber attack mode and revive to your hearts content :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

MiCr0 wrote: »

Being disappointed at not being able to slide all the way down ramps does it for me.

playing the campaign on veteran and it's easy compared to co-op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Im having a problem with the MP on ps4. My weapon is constantly raised making it umplayable. Anyone else?

Advertisement