Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Kill confirmed is a good antidote to the camping. Shotguns still reign supreme in it though.

Even more reason to camp!

FFS 20 payaer dom is Arklov Peak 24/7. Yesterday and today joining matches in progress, haven't started a match! The exact same maps keep coming up is there more maps in this game!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

FFS 20 payaer dom is Arklov Peak 24/7. Yesterday and today joining matches in progress, haven't started a match! The exact same maps keep coming up is there more maps in this game!?
    Seems to be a common problem in Hardcore too, Sick to death of Rammaza because it seems to come up 3x more often than any other map.

Until it gets a major patch I'm done! I like Arklov Peak but seriously, every game?
    No server browser, no sticking to the same lobby, no map vote, no way to see who is on your team in the lobby, 2 GW maps. Rushed pile of crap atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Until it gets a major patch I'm done! I like Arklov Peak but seriously, every game?
    No server browser, no sticking to the same lobby, no map vote, no way to see who is on your team in the lobby, 2 GW maps. Rushed pile of crap atm.

You played since the patch? What are footsteps like now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I haven’t noticed any difference in the footstep audio. I’m on PS4 with turtle beach 500p.

Also 2 games of kill confirmed and both times the timer ran out not won by kills

If anything adding a filter for occlusion will make it easier to tell where the enemy is based on environment (inside or outside) filter being a low pass filter. I had a couple of games were I could hear exactly where the enemy is upstairs in the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I wouldn't say it's rushed, just the kinks weren't worked out.

The fact you can be spawn trapped in a 10 on 10 domination game on the above map is ridiculous. Spawning behind the A flag, about 30 seconds sprint from B while the other team pick you off if they push up. Your team aren't going to push as what do you gain by playing objectives? You lose your precious killstreak.

Every match on other maps is just people going around slowly in ADS meaning that you're dead even before the time it takes to aim a sniper if they see you. That Picadilly map is so terrible. "They're by the buses!" There's buses all over the fúcking map! How lazy is that?

Make it score streaks again and you'll have people shooting things down and playing objectives. It's that simple along with fixing spawns and some new maps. I think they have come close to nailing the gun play and movement. There's a lot to like but people now would rather camp in the many windows overlooking objectives than actually play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

3 years to make a game and this is the best they can come up with. Claymores & sit rep pro for everyone from the start.

How can they **** up a shotgun that badly. It’s like a sniper.

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Going to pick this up during the week. Where's the cheapest place at the minute? Or is everywhere around the €60 mark? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

surprisingly I'm really enjoying gunfight. I'm very average but doing better than expected. It's kind of laughable how dependent the outcome is influenced by the connection. You can clearly see when it works with or against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm finding it really hard to get a foothold in the MP

I stopped playing any COD about 4/5 months ago so may just be out of practice but something about this game is just not clicking. The movement feels really clunky, like I'm running in a suit of armour.

Most times I die I find it near impossible to see where I was killed from because of the seemingly infinite windows/doorways around me for enemies to shoot from

The TTK seems ok though, from what kills I did get it they seemed to drop pretty quickly

For me, a couple of changes are needed
    - This crap with the player character shouting needs to go
    - Nerf the double barrel shotgun into oblivion. They are this generation's Akimbo Models
    - Either make dead silence a perk or reduce footstep noise. At the moment it sounds like we're all running on galvanised roofs with tap-shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

x43r0 wrote: »
    I'm finding it really hard to get a foothold in the MP

I stopped playing any COD about 4/5 months ago so may just be out of practice but something about this game is just not clicking. The movement feels really clunky, like I'm running in a suit of armour.

I found it clunky to begin with too, go to options and adjust 'horizontal and vertical stick sensitivity', it took me a few adjustments to speed up my movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

gimli2112 wrote: »
    surprisingly I'm really enjoying gunfight. I'm very average but doing better than expected. It's kind of laughable how dependent the outcome is influenced by the connection. You can clearly see when it works with or against you.

Gunfight is great. It's like a more condensed version of what gave CoD maps their flow traditionally; three lanes, always being funnelled to engagements. It contains all the fun elements of map design that are entirely missing from the core MP maps.

Playing Piccadilly TDM last night and was actually in awe of how badly we got spawn trapped. Not sure of the name but we spawned in at the spawn which would have the big row of buses to your left as you leave the spawn. Within about two minutes we were trapped; within three minutes we were trapped and our spawn was being bombarded with airstrikes. Rinse repeat for the rest of the match, spawn in die to sniper fire because sight lines into the spawn are so ridiculously long, spawn in again and die to said sniper calling in his millionth air strike.

Spawn trapping has always been part of CoD, I get it, but previously if you weren't able to overcome and break out, that was generally on the team. Here it is a result of completely inept map design that lets people trap from so far away that the game isn't even registering it as a spawn trap and therefore doesn't flip spawns.

Nevertheless though I keep coming back to play, because the gunplay is some of the best I have ever felt in an FPS. In fact the gunplay being so tight makes the fact that they failed on the fundamentals elsewhere so incredibly frustrating.

Movement is down to the gun you are carrying, but Iv'e noticed a few times that there is a tiny bit of slow down when running like it's connection lag but way smoother. I've been in a few games were when killed i'm setting off a launcher towards the person who killed me, but for it not to fire at all so there is definitely some netcode issues, also been in games were there was noticeable compensation going on, been on both sides of that.

Every other release the shotguns are terrible, purely down to TTK that they kill in one shot. If that was increased the shotgun damage would probably have to be increased. Besides the some say broken across the map 725, the shotguns are very fun to use about the only thing that they got spot on, but honestly a double barrel does have that range especially one used for sport. They should be a one shot kill in close quarters!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The sound of footsteps is way too loud,
    surely they could design maps where it is Much harder for enemys to shoot
    you near the spawn point ,
    from various directions .
    Maybe have a map where you spawn in a building with only 2 exits ,
    like a underground parking garage ,maybe in a building
    with windows that are not transparent ,people on the exterior cannot see
    through the windows .
    did they not test the maps before the full release ?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Movement is down to the gun you are carrying, but Iv'e noticed a few times that there is a tiny bit of slow down when running like it's connection lag but way smoother. I've been in a few games were when killed i'm setting off a launcher towards the person who killed me, but for it not to fire at all so there is definitely some netcode issues, also been in games were there was noticeable compensation going on, been on both sides of that.

Every other release the shotguns are terrible, purely down to TTK that they kill in one shot. If that was increased the shotgun damage would probably have to be increased. Besides the some say broken across the map 725, the shotguns are very fun to use about the only thing that they got spot on, but honestly a double barrel does have that range especially one used for sport. They should be a one shot kill in close quarters!

Totally agree re the compensation issues, lag comp has been something I have noticed a lot, more so than previous CoDs. As you say, have seen weapons not firing in kill cams, enemies not showing as having taken damage in kill cams despite an abundance of hit markers on my screen, and too many instances of me having made it round a corner to safety on my screen only to appear as though I am directly in front of the enemy on the kill cam.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

heroics wrote: »
    I haven’t noticed any difference in the footstep audio. I’m on PS4 with turtle beach 500p.

Also 2 games of kill confirmed and both times the timer ran out not won by kills

This seems to always be the case for me too.

awec wrote: »
    This seems to always be the case for me too.

Very little confirms / denying going on in the games I had.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea it's easy to finish top of your team in kill confirmed, if you make any effort at all to collect tags you'll do better than everyone else.

The game mode doesn't fit well with the kill streak model, too many players more interested in getting kill streaks and a good K/D ratio so they won't move to collect tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

KC is littered with campers I find. Caves is particularly bad for it, as the team spawning on the cliff path side of the map will 50% of the time retreat deep into their spawn and start sniping the cave entrances.

You very quickly find yourself alone if you're a frantic sprinting player.
    awec wrote: »
    The game mode doesn't fit well with the kill streak model, too many players more interested in getting kill streaks and a good K/D ratio so they won't move to collect tags.
    A shame the perk to change killstreaks to scorestreaks is locked until level 49

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    KC is littered with campers I find. Caves is particularly bad for it, as the team spawning on the cliff path side of the map will 50% of the time retreat deep into their spawn and start sniping the cave entrances.

You very quickly find yourself alone if you're a frantic sprinting player.

A shame the perk to change killstreaks to scorestreaks is locked until level 49

That perk is worthless don't bother, unless you want to add difficulty to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,871 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So, i'm level 48, finally managed to get to level 59 on my PKG (and not the other one as previously mentioned). And the same craic as the last ones, one of the last camo challenges is getting up to 75 kills with no attachments. Kinda annoying you get all the attachments unlocked only to have to remove them all for a late camo challenge. Should be the second set of challenges. Anyway, tiny complaint.

Haven't really noticed any change since the update, can still hear footsteps quite loudly. I do think my dude is shouting less, so that's a plus. Spawns and maps are still somewhat broken, but it's all 100% on the team. Euphrates Bridge is a great map when 2 good teams are playing, constant changing of ownership over map B. But when with a bad team, the spawn camping from either side is annoying. As mentioned above, having to find a new game after every match is causing me to land into the losing team being spawn camped on this map 5 out of 6 times. Same with Arklov Peak, great map if both teams are playing well, but spawn camping is game breaking. And I really only play DOM 20, so can't really comment on the other modes.

But, I'm not going to stop playing it. It can only improve, and I hope they edit some of the maps, especially the 2 mentioned above. Picadilly, I've only been on the spawn killing team once, in that area mentioned above, but never on the receiving end. I'm sure there's a way out if the team work together, but again it's CoD with an option to 'Mute All' from the lobby/in-game, so they know the players rarely talk to each other. I think the bridge one should get extra walls on either side of the bridge to stop bridge snipers killing the spawns. Arklov Peak, they need to re-adjust the spawn points to spawn closer to the map, or at the least spawn on the opposite side of the map every now and then!

Great game with a few issues. I can see the support airdrop being nerfed too, 8 kills gets you 3 care packages, and a 4th if you've also picked the care package streak. Got and IAV, Cruise Missile, Sentry Gun and a Wheelson from one! Then again, it's probably the only way I'll get to try the 9+ killstreaks, getting 8 is hard enough!

On a side note, I miss the wall running and double jumping of IW and AW... Really hope we get an IW2 or AW2 at some stage. They were way better than people give them credit for.

So, i'm level 48, finally managed to get to level 59 on my PKG (and not the other one as previously mentioned). And the same craic as the last ones, one of the last camo challenges is getting up to 75 kills with no attachments. Kinda annoying you get all the attachments unlocked only to have to remove them all for a late camo challenge. Should be the second set of challenges. Anyway, tiny complaint.

Haven't really noticed any change since the update, can still hear footsteps quite loudly. I do think my dude is shouting less, so that's a plus. Spawns and maps are still somewhat broken, but it's all 100% on the team. Euphrates Bridge is a great map when 2 good teams are playing, constant changing of ownership over map B. But when with a bad team, the spawn camping from either side is annoying. As mentioned above, having to find a new game after every match is causing me to land into the losing team being spawn camped on this map 5 out of 6 times. Same with Arklov Peak, great map if both teams are playing well, but spawn camping is game breaking. And I really only play DOM 20, so can't really comment on the other modes.

But, I'm not going to stop playing it. It can only improve, and I hope they edit some of the maps, especially the 2 mentioned above. Picadilly, I've only been on the spawn killing team once, in that area mentioned above, but never on the receiving end. I'm sure there's a way out if the team work together, but again it's CoD with an option to 'Mute All' from the lobby/in-game, so they know the players rarely talk to each other. I think the bridge one should get extra walls on either side of the bridge to stop bridge snipers killing the spawns. Arklov Peak, they need to re-adjust the spawn points to spawn closer to the map, or at the least spawn on the opposite side of the map every now and then!

Great game with a few issues. I can see the support airdrop being nerfed too, 8 kills gets you 3 care packages, and a 4th if you've also picked the care package streak. Got and IAV, Cruise Missile, Sentry Gun and a Wheelson from one! Then again, it's probably the only way I'll get to try the 9+ killstreaks, getting 8 is hard enough!

On a side note, I miss the wall running and double jumping of IW and AW... Really hope we get an IW2 or AW2 at some stage. They were way better than people give them credit for.

Every challenge is structured the same way, one of the early missions is to get 30 pistol kills then the next one is get 30 pistol kills with a sight. Absolute joke! Forces you to play a certain way which takes all the enjoyment out of it. The missions are all over the place no structure to them at all, very ill-conceived. It's a pity because the rest of the game is amazing at times bar all the issues, I hope they do get fixed soon. I reckon once you complete the missions new ones will come in time hopefully they will be more thought out. It is very hard to do the missions concurrently with ribbon challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,871 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, noticed that myself. I understand the reason, to make people play modes or with weapons they wouldn't usually. Still want to get my hands on the TomaGUNchi, but the only watches available right now are with a $9.99 pack or through some US only promotion...

There will definitely be more missions down the line, and probably more focused too. I'm not too bothered about them anyway, prefer the camo challenges as they unlock as I play the way I want. And some of them are not very clear. The one I last finished had "Get 10 kills with an optic", but it was up to me to figure out it was only with the standard reflex optic.

Still though, i'm enjoying it and is definitely worth the money to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

This game is cancer. Constantly getting put into games half over on the side that's being destroyed. People sitting in corners ........argh.

It has to be the most infuriating cod . Kd is negative . Why don't lobbies stay going after a match

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Dunkey nails his review :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

CptMackey wrote: »
    This game is cancer. Constantly getting put into games half over on the side that's being destroyed. People sitting in corners ........argh.

It has to be the most infuriating cod . Kd is negative . Why don't lobbies stay going after a match

It's not the games fault.
    I first noticed this years ago with Rush game modes in Battlefield 3. Vast majority of the time you could only find servers in which the team you spawn into was getting blasted out of it. Pushed back to the start of the map.

No one wants to get their ass kicked so people leave.
    But at the same time other players would gladly whip others. So they sure aren't gonna quit too.

Advertisement