Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

After a few hours of playing this garbage I'm going to return the game. Bought it on a whim and didn't have high expectations since it's IW but the game isn't fun at all. Will post more in detail when I've the time but I'll never stop being surprised how the producers of this game go from making an excellent multiplayer experience to progressively getting worse and worse since MW3. Couldn't believe it was possible to sink any lower from WWII, but they just managed to here.

Bodes well for me so. I loved WW2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's holding onto a fairly respectable 8 user score on Metacritic among all the 10s and 0s.

I bought my first COD game since BO2 last night. NoviGlitzkos comments just put my fears into words.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Graphical it does look superb. The lip syncing is almost perfect.

Campaign is clocking in at around 5.5 to 6 hours. I am on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

After a few hours of playing this garbage I'm going to return the game. Bought it on a whim and didn't have high expectations since it's IW but the game isn't fun at all. Will post more in detail when I've the time but I'll never stop being surprised how the producers of this game go from making an excellent multiplayer experience to progressively getting worse and worse since MW3. Couldn't believe it was possible to sink any lower from WWII, but they just managed to here.

Please find the time to elaborate. Alot of us are interested in your feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I should have added that i'm only speaking about the multiplayer experience (that's all i play).
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's holding onto a fairly respectable 8 user score on Metacritic among all the 10s and 0s.
    I'd be wary of this as it's a new release and you've plenty of MW fanboys out there boosting the score before they've even played the game.
    I bought my first COD game since BO2 last night. NoviGlitzkos comments just put my fears into words.
    Treyarch (BO2) are great, they always give a good account of themselves with COD releases. Maybe it's just me and I don't gel well with the way Infinity Ward design their games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

Im fukin loving it so far. Intense & fast paced (mp).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Whats that endowment in the store. Zero description to what you are buying!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Whats that endowment in the store. Zero description to what you are buying!

It tells you in the description what you get.
    Cosmetic stuff and money goes to charity.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It tells you in the description what you get.
    Cosmetic stuff and money goes to charity.

There isn't any description!

There is this ****ty haze on maps which makes viability bad. Visibility is pretty terrible anyway, that Piccadilly map is shocking for haze and viability ��

First few games and I'm still seeing beta bugs, namely were you re-spawn with the player's loadout who killed you. Seeing few improvements from beta (though its early yet)...

Directional sound is improved, you can actually see people in the kill cam sound whoring. RIP to their ears because the rest of the sounds are loud AF. This "enemies in the area" thing is a little distracting but the callouts will be very useful once you get used to map layout.

Pointman (scorestreaks) - A major improvement but level 49 unlock and in the same catergy as ghost / hardline which is fair.
    Restock - This is a little bit OP 30 seconds to recharge equipment.

Still can't rename a class Assault ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got it on ps4, installed from disk took 30 minutes and then it hits me with a 56gb install file. Hopefully I'll get a game tonight :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There isn't any description!

Big description on playstation store, don't know about xbox or pc store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

They spend 2 years making call of duty, i don,t understand why it need,s a massive update download file on day 1 .
    I looked at the giant bomb quick look, its the best looking cod game so far,
    it,s realistic, with a nice range of colors,
    without being too dull or grey.

riclad wrote: »
    They spend 2 years making call of duty, i don,t understand why it need,s a massive update download file on day 1 .
    I looked at the giant bomb quick look, its the best looking cod game so far,
    it,s realistic, with a nice range of colors,
    without being too dull or grey.

You can only fit so much on a single disc!

Are daily challenges working got 3 kills with a cluster strike, no completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

Bought around 10pm last night, the joys of living in the shticks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

An observation of why this multiplayer experience doesn't work for me personally.

The maps - Where do I start. They're massive (think Stonehenge) and a complete mess (way too much clutter). Calling them a maze is an understatement. Each would've taken at least a month to get to understand but regardless, I'd still hate them. Played a map called Rammaza which consists of many tightly stacked buildings placed with no consistency, with multiple floors on them and several entrances/exits to each house. Every time I ran outside I got clipped as there's no decent running area, AT ALL. People used to give flak to Treyarch for their 3 lane maps. Because COD is an unpopular franchise with the fans they had to latch onto anything to criticise and the 3 lane map idea became a narrative. I thought the majority worked when designed correctly. There's no comparison here. My favourite maps were the likes of Summit, Firing Range, Lockdown, Dome, & Hardhat from MW3, Hangar & Cliffside from W@W... the MW maps are nothing like them.

The time to kill is more or less instant, a far push from BO4. Honestly felt like hardcore to me. It leaves you no time to pop outside a building and take a look before taking cover for example. Can't do that with mr. assault rifle on the 3rd floor window prone waiting for you for insta-kill. I'd reckon that's why the weapon recoil is so bad in this game (which is one more thing) as well that it counters the time to kill. Each weapon I'd tried, whether it be an SMG, AR, or LMG, they were bouncing around so much I found it very difficult to use. It's definitely the most weapon recoil I've felt on any game on release. Kinda makes using which guns over which more irrelevant. Just get the one that shoots straightest with the time to kill and you're golden. All of the above mixed in together creates a campers heaven. That's all I seen.

Not having the choice to choose your map size is another head-scratcher. But to be honest, once I had even discovered this I was done with the game. Returned it there an hour ago as I know much like WWII I'll never remotely like it when I dislike the maps so much, and they are such a crucial part of the MP. I'll be sticking to Treyarch releases only in future and can get a COD fix off BO4 still if needs be.

As I said this is just IMO. I can't say I even played all the maps. If you liked COD4/MW2 I think you'll have time for this game. Hope it's just me and you guys enjoy.

Nobody told you about levelling guns to unlock better perks such as increased ADS speed? Nearly every attachment changes the way a gun works!

I can definitely see where you are coming from with the maps, way too many lines of sight on some. In all honesty it will take getting used to, to know where they all are. You would not just run out into the open in the middle of the map expecting not to be shot, some of the maps are broken into sections like that. There is a good few maps with three lanes. One which imo is the better of the maps is Gun Runner. Have to remember also some of the maps are made for GW.

TTK in my opinion is spot on, it takes shorter to kill in hardcore in previous titles but it is only slightly shorter from core in previous title, probably because of dedicated servers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

PC players going mad on reddit about TTK, its noobcore basically with all weapons feeling the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭Osamabindipper

Dcully wrote: »
    PC players going mad on reddit about TTK, its noobcore basically with all weapons feeling the same.

Noobs and knobs all over The place totally agree with you...

• Advertisement

I love the sound of the quicker TTK but fully understand how that can be frustrating with getting picked off by campers. I'll be just posting campaign anyway before touching multiplayer, get me used to the controls before getting absolutely wrecked in multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Won't get this until Monday, is there a big patch download?

56gb patch on ps4.

Noobs and knobs all over The place totally agree with you...

Id argue hardcore and any superfast TTK fps requires very little skill to be able to grab some kills.
    A longer TTK requires the ability to keep your aim constant and on point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    56gb patch on ps4.

Balls. It's gonna take forever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

when i put the disc in, it downloaded 35gb. When i went to start it, i was informed there was a PS4 update needed, downloaded that. Then when i went to start the game it stated there was another update to download, that was a hefty 50gb. Just finished a 3rd download of 2gb.

Finally got to put it on, wither ****ing update, not enough space on my ps4. I had 60gb free so uninstalled a game, retried update to find it's a 1.8gb file. I get updates are good and fix things but calm down and requiring 70gb+ for an update.

Edit: update downloaded quick and now it's crawling at 'copying' the file :(

Dcully wrote: »
    Id argue hardcore and any superfast TTK fps requires very little skill to be able to grab some kills.
    A longer TTK requires the ability to keep your aim constant and on point.

I'd have to disagree there it takes a great deal of skill to react quicker than someone else. In doing so your aim has to be on point! Granted if you are spraying bullets and manage to get someone to walk in front of them then there wouldn't be a whole lot of skill involved but I have never seen anyone play hardcore like that myself.

XP tokens from the campaign are a bit of a joke. Activated one there and the game decides to take 5 minutes to find a match!

Hmm.. 2gb GW update there probably why!?

First game of GW someone gets a nuke, this needs to be made harder to achieve.

• Advertisement

I'd have to disagree there it takes a great deal of skill to react quicker than someone else. In doing so your aim has to be on point! Granted if you are spraying bullets and manage to get someone to walk in front of them then there wouldn't be a whole lot of skill involved but I have never seen anyone play hardcore like that myself.

I hear ya, its certainly a different style of gameplay,its pretty subjective too.
    Its not hard to hit someone anywhere in the body in a fraction of a second, [on pc atleast] the skill is staying on the target and popping headshots.
    Reactions and aim are two totally different things.
    On pc everyone and his dog can almost instantly pop onto the target anywhere on the screen thus making this TTK on PC too low.

Still a fun game all the same, best COD in a long time, hope ground war which is my big hope for this game is not plagued by killstreak spam like it was in the beta.

Advertisement