Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Greyfox

You say you care about the victim, but how would a cruel and inhuman punishment help the victim?

At least the family will know they got justice and it may work as a deterrent to some potential murderers. It's better to do this rather that disrespect the victim by letting the murderer out of prison one day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Greyfox wrote: »
    At least the family will know they got justice and it may work as a deterrent to some potential murderers. It's better to do this rather that disrespect the victim by letting the murderer out of prison one day

If deterrents worked, no one would ever commit horrible, violent crimes. Just look at the US, where they have the death penalty in many states, along with a crazily high murder rate.

And I'm not sure I agree with letting certain murderers out of prison either. Some crimes are so awful that life in prison is the only answer.

it's gas that tons were derailing the thread based on the perpetrator being of foreign origin!! turns out both women killed this week will have been murdered by our own home grown dirt!! and yet they are of foreign descent!!

oh the irony!

reminds me of that poor swiss girl in galway , murdered by a pig!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

rusty cole wrote: »
    it's gas that tons were derailing the thread based on the perpetrator being of foreign origin!! turns out both women killed this week will have been murdered by our own home grown dirt!!
    I hadn't realised that there were any arrests never mind a trial :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

And she wasn’t his first killing! He killed a young man from Tipp on a stag night in Galway. Was in the city the same weekend. He was released after serving his holiday, and then killed that lovely young girl. One dangerous individual who deserves a bullet in the head. Wont be long before he is back out, as he has served half his scentence already! At least Mark Hennessy will not get the opportunity to kill twice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Sundew wrote: »
    And she wasn’t his first killing! He killed a young man from Tipp on a stag night in Galway. Was in the city the same weekend. He was released after serving his holiday, and then killed that lovely young girl. One dangerous individual who deserves a bullet in the head. Wont be long before he is back out, as he has served half his scentence already! At least Mark Hennessy will not get the opportunity to kill twice!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/manuela-killer-had-raped-student-just-weeks-before-26539702.html
    He was also prime suspect in a rape case of a french woman just months before he killed the swiss girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

wakka12 wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/manuela-killer-had-raped-student-just-weeks-before-26539702.html
    He was also prime suspect in a rape case of a french woman just months before he killed the swiss girl.

Recall that incident. Headlines fade and people quickly forget :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

If deterrents worked, no one would ever commit horrible, violent crimes. Just look at the US, where they have the death penalty in many states, along with a crazily high murder rate.

And I'm not sure I agree with letting certain murderers out of prison either. Some crimes are so awful that life in prison is the only answer.

Was just reading about Bernadette McNeilly earlier. She committed a shocking crime in '92, walking the streets now. Life should mean life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

it's gas that tons were derailing the thread based on the perpetrator being of foreign origin!! turns out both women killed this week will have been murdered by our own home grown dirt!! and yet they are of foreign descent!!

oh the irony!

Gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Suckit wrote: »
    Gas?

Slang for funny. Used to only ever hear my parents say it, but it's back in vogue anongst the younger crowd these days.

• Advertisement

Slang for funny. Used to only ever hear my parents say it, but it's back in vogue anongst the younger crowd these days.

Really funny.. :(

Suckit wrote: »
    Really funny.. :(

OP said thread being derailed by people saying killer must have been foreign was gas . OP did NOT say the killings or the circumstances of the killings were gas . I think you know this .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

A harsh sentence needs to be handed out to the scum that did this and anyone who was there last Monday, from what my daughter has heard theses two were constantly bullying Ana in school so I couldn’t see her going to a remote location voluntarily with these murderers, maybe there were others who tricked her to go there with the mirderers waiting for her. Make an example of this sub-human scum and make it so that any other lunatic will double think about murdering a child. If they get a light sentence then it sends the wrong message.

Btw beside the two victims this week remember last Summer the poor Spanish girl who was kidnapped and the raped multiple times in a tent before escaping what happened to that Irish scumbag I don’t recall anything about him being charged and sentenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The anonymity of them is a disgrace. This wasn't an accident. They knew what they were doing. They should be named and photo published.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Will be difficult for them to stay anon. Everyone locally knows who's involved.
    Just a matter of time now til its confirmed.

OP said thread being derailed by people saying killer must have been foreign was gas . OP did NOT say the killings or the circumstances of the killings were gas . I think you know this .

I do know this. I still do not think any of it is funny.

Some people who shouldn't have been spouting rubbish, were allegedly wrong. The phrasing of gratification some people got from that could be left aside too.

Edited.

It is actually twitter that is annoying me. How people can read and write that bile without wanting to start smashing their computer/phone/tablet to pieces is beyond me.
    It seems to be an army of idiots winding each other up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

oh the irony!

Is it generally well known who the perpetrators are? I know it’s not officially known.

Is it generally well known who the perpetrators are? I know it’s not officially known.

Locally yeah. Just move county and they can continue happily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

A harsh sentence needs to be handed out to the scum that did this and anyone who was there last Monday, from what my daughter has heard theses two were constantly bullying Ana in school so I couldn’t see her going to a remote location voluntarily with these murderers, maybe there were others who tricked her to go there with the mirderers waiting for her. Make an example of this sub-human scum and make it so that any other lunatic will double think about murdering a child. If they get a light sentence then it sends the wrong message.

Btw beside the two victims this week remember last Summer the poor Spanish girl who was kidnapped and the raped multiple times in a tent before escaping what happened to that Irish scumbag I don’t recall anything about him being charged and sentenced.

There are a massive number of rumours doing the rounds in the school, and they're managing to do a great job of containing them. Speculation helps no body in this situation, and I'm not trying to be a back seat mod in saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

theses two were constantly bullying Ana in school so I couldn’t see her going to a remote location voluntarily with these murderers

It was common back in the day for my group of friends to intervene with bullies. Give them back a little of their own on behalf of those that felt they couldn't. Do people not stick up for others, or confront bullies anymore? 
    Unless the school and the families all knew it was talking place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

oh the irony!

Some names knocking around the community alright but I'm not sure how reliable. I'm not passing on names, I've got a good few PMs asking me but I don't know how reliable the info is. No way, it's too serious a situation for me to write any names. Can't have an innocent lad be tarred with this, the police will do their jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

OwlsZat wrote: »
    It was common back in the day for my group of friends to intervene with bullies. Give them back a little of their own on behalf of those that felt they couldn't. Do people not stick up for others, or confront bullies anymore? 
    Unless the school and the families all knew it was talking place?

I always thought Ireland was good insofar as we didn't really tolerate that culture of bullying here. It was an American thing. Someone would generally intervene and say 'cop on' or 'ah heor leavah ouh'.

I guess maybe thats changing a bit with social media and the globalised world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Some names knocking around the community alright but I'm not sure how reliable. I'm not passing on names, I've got a good few PMs asking me but I don't know how reliable the info is. No way, it's too serious a situation for me to write any names. Can't have an innocent lad be tarred with this, the police will do their jobs

Best attitude to take alright. Like yourself, I'm a local and here's an awful lot I've heard from various different places. My auld lad is a local as well, but a Far Ender, and he's heard all manner of stuff as well.

This is going to be a long and traumatic trial, for Ana's family, for the school and for the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I always thought Ireland was good insofar as we didn't really tolerate that culture of bullying here. It was an American thing. Someone would generally intervene and say 'cop on' or 'ah heor leavah ouh'.

We didn't tolerate that culture of bullying???

We bloody institutionalised it!!

I clearly remember my school days of 50 years ago!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

What's the priority rehab or punishment?

Punishment. The victim has not got a second chance so why should the perpetrator/s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    J Mysterio wrote: »

We didn't tolerate that culture of bullying???

We bloody institutionalised it!!

I clearly remember my school days of 50 years ago!!

An obvious generational thing. Yes institutional bullying at a time was widespread. Students allowing other students to bully their peers maybe not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Best attitude to take alright. Like yourself, I'm a local and here's an awful lot I've heard from various different places. My auld lad is a local as well, but a Far Ender, and he's heard all manner of stuff as well.

This is going to be a long and traumatic trial, for Ana's family, for the school and for the community.

Yeah it's going to be known for sure by the end of the week I would imagine.
    I got 2 surnames and 1 first name so it's sketchy at the moment. I don't think I know anybody related to them anyway so to me it's just names.

And the police will make sure the guilty are not tarred either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Punishment. The victim has not got a second chance so why should the perpetrator/s?

Normally, I would completely agree...

However, considering how young they are, it is an absolute certainty that they will be walking the streets again at some point in their life. And probably still young enough to be a danger to the public!

I don't see any judge in this country locking them up for the rest of their life. So perhaps, with that in mind, some rehabilitation efforts might not be the worst idea!?

It's a horrible reality of the soft-touch liberal country we have built...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Have to admit i was ignorant and immediately thought non-irish, seems not to be the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement