Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Israel want to wipe out the Palestinians?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

The mask hasn't just slipped here, you willfully threw it away. Ridiculous.

Great reply...
    Funny then that they seem to making such a good job it.

I'd say smirking Netetanyahu is pretty pleased TBH.

The Palestinian population is growing... it was actually pointed out on this very thread. :rolleyes:
    More of this rubbish.
    The Israelis did some job of wiping out 58 of them against their will. They must have no willpower at all if they don't want to wipe them out.

The Palestinian leadership know that these people will very likely get injured or killed... so where is the will of the people, not to put themselves in the way of Israeli bullets??
    ThinkProgess, you're back. And you've answered a post written sixteen minutes after mine.

You must have forgotten to answer it. Easy mistake so I'll ask again.

----

Right. Put your money where your mouth is ThinkProgess.

Do you agree with them shooting 58 protestors?

Pay attention... your question wasn't particularly unique, and has already been answered.

(PS: Aren't you that chap who claimed that his brain wasn't functioning correctly anymore, after drug use?? - You're not the only person capable of remembering previous posts!;))

Pay attention... your question wasn't particularly unique, and has already been answered.

(PS: Aren't you that chap who claimed that his brain wasn't functioning correctly anymore, after drug use?? - You're not the only person capable of remembering previous posts!;))

I missed where you answered it. Surely you can answer it again. Yes / No ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

The Palestinian population is growing... it was actually pointed out on this very thread. :rolleyes:

In an ever decreasing circle of despair... there land is being seized and they are being turned into a landless people. Something one might imagine the Israeli people might have sympathy for... apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod: Seriously improve the quality of your posts or you're out of here.

In an ever decreasing circle of despair... there land is being seized and they are being turned into a landless people. Something one might imagine the Israeli people might have sympathy for... apparently not.

Perhaps if they were dealing with a somewhat reasonable group of people, who were open to the idea of peace... but alas, they only seek further conflict.

It tends to be difficult to have sympathy for a group of people, who have no intention of ever accepting you or tolerating your very existence as a race. I actually think the Israelis show a great deal of restraint, considering the raw hatred towards them!

If Hamas had the same military capabilities, there is no doubt in my mind that they would be slaughtering Israelis in massive numbers!

• Advertisement

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Mod: Seriously improve the quality of your posts or you're out of here.

Apologies... a bit over the line on that one.

He was being a smartass. But I should not have copied him!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I have always supported Israel, they are the only democracy in the Middle East.
    However after yesterday, I feel this is perhaps heavy handed.

But to the Palestine supporters - What do you think would happen if they got across the border ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Or perhaps you're just anti-semitic... and you don't want anyone to be able to call you on it. So you attempt to take the issue of anti-semitism completely off the table! (if people allow you to, that is) ;)

Are you referring to the "peaceful protestors" ??

Palestinians do not want peace with Israel... so when people refer to Palestinians as "peaceful protestors" - this is more than a bit of a misnomer...

Maybe the Palestinian leadership should display a bit more concern for their own people. Instead of using them as cannon-fodder, for propaganda purposes, so people such as yourself can be fooled into thinking one side of this conflict is the "bad guy"...

It's amazing how many people can be fooled by such rudimentary techniques.

I don't know how you got any of that from what I asked you.
    Answer the question please.

An answer without reference to what you perceive my level of intelligence to be or any roll eyes smilies would be appreciated.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

nullzero wrote: »
    I don't know how you got any of that from what I asked you.
    Answer the question please.

Also list the gains for the Palestinians since 1948 as asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Er which territories would those be?

The territory currently under PA control.

Israel wants a one state solution in which there are as few Arabs around as possible to disrupt their ethnostate status, simple as that. They want all of the land, and none of the people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Israel wants a one state solution in which there are as few Arabs around as possible to disrupt their ethnostate status, simple as that. They want all of the land, and none of the people.

To Hell or to Connaught.
    Except that the Israelis want Connaught too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

But didn't they end up with control over ALL of those territories in the latter part of the 60s? I mean they still control the West Bank militarily, admittedly Gaza and Sinai they have withdrawn from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

No - they want Palestinians to respect their borders.

Where exactly are israels borders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Well In 2013 Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh reiterated that the Palestinian Arabs as a whole will never recognize Israel.

I will never side with Palestine on this issue...they are the aggressors and don't want any peaceful coexistence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Apologies... a bit over the line on that one.

He was being a smartass. But I should not have copied him!

Would you care to outline the "complexities " of the situation that you alluded to earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

But didn't they end up with control over ALL of those territories in the latter part of the 60s? I mean they still control the West Bank militarily, admittedly Gaza and Sinai they have withdrawn from.

Direct ethnic cleansing would have been totally unpalatable, they're not going to do that and incur the wrath of even the United States. What they've done instead is a "salami tactic" of making things progressively worse, slice by slice, for the Arab population in the hopes that they'll f*ck off somewhere else.

Nowhere is this more obvious than in East Jerusalem, where discrimination in housing permits essentially means that even when Arabs own land, they're not allowed by the (illegitimate) local government to actually do anything with it. The result is that eventually they just sell up and leave.

The plan in Gaza, meanwhile, seems to be to simply let it slowly suffocate under its blockade until the population has either fled or diminished to the point of non-viability, helped along of course by the occasional bombing expedition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Well In 2013 Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh reiterated that the Palestinian Arabs as a whole will never recognize Israel.

Funny that, seeing as he has stated as early as 2008 that Hamas would accept a 2 state solution along the 1967 armistice lines, which has been repeated by him and other senior Hamas officials since umpteen times.

I will never side with Palestine on this issue...they are the aggressors and don't want any peaceful coexistence.

I actually think the Israelis show a great deal of restraint

Jesus, I'd hate to see what your definition of no restraint is........

If Hamas had the same military capabilities, there is no doubt in my mind that they would be slaughtering Israelis in massive numbers!

They haven't and never will, so bringing up this line of argument is utterly bogus as well as a poor excuse defending yesterday's behaviour by the IDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Are you being disingenuous? Hamas is ok with palestinians being killed, it's good PR for them. They couldn't care less about them, the more dead the better for Hamas.

That's a strawman argument. The palestinian protestors weren't non-violent.

Israel will protect it's border, the danger of Hamas or another terrorist group using these "riots" as cover to insert terrorists into Israel is too high for them to take a hands-off approach.

This is the sad truth. Hamas' plan is to encourage their own children to attack soldiers knowing the inevitable outcome. Imagine sending your own children to their death, and for what? PR.

• Advertisement

Rezident wrote: »
    This is the sad truth. Hamas' plan is to encourage their own children to attack soldiers knowing the inevitable outcome. Imagine sending your own children to their death, and for what? PR.
    Why do you not blame the killers for the killing?

I have always supported Israel, they are the only democracy in the Middle East.
    However after yesterday, I feel this is perhaps heavy handed.

But to the Palestine supporters - What do you think would happen if they got across the border ?

They will murder men, women and children, that's why the fence has to be there in the first place. Hamas is also violently homophobic, if you're gay in Palestine you have two choices: be stoned to death or become a "martyr" (i.e. a suicide bomber in Israel). That's why they built the wall, after suicide bombings and relentless attacks.

Are the Irish Palestinian supporters aware of how homophobic the Palestinians are? Or wilfully blind to all Palestinian crimes by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

They will murder men, women and children, that's why the fence has to be there in the first place. Hamas is also violently homophobic, if you're gay in Palestine you have two choices: be stoned to death or become a "martyr" (i.e. a suicide bomber in Israel). That's why they built the wall, after suicide bombings and relentless attacks.

Are the Irish Palestinian supporters aware of how homophobic the Palestinians are? Or wilfully blind to all Palestinian crimes by now?

Have you ever been to Palestine? Of course there are homophobes and nasty people there; you'll find their same counterparts in Jerusalem too attacking gay pride parades with knives.

But somehow I doubt you'll be focussing as much on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Do you condemn yesterdays killings?

But it is the terrorists of the idf that are killing children daily. They have every less lethal weapon in the world available to oppress unarmed protests but they choose snipers to kill children. Why?

Why do you not blame the killers for the killing?

Same reason you can't blamed Irish peacekeeping troops for doing their job when they are attacked. What would happen if the palestinians attacked Russian troops or any other soldiers guarding their border during a war?

Open your eyes, you are being fooled by Hamas. Israel is not winning this, Hamas are winning the PR war - that was their plan all along. Think about it. Is there any other possible reason on Earth why Hamas would encourage children to attack soldiers?

Their own children! Shame on anyone defending Hamas for this.

Same reason you can't blamed Irish peacekeeping troops for doing their job when they are attacked. What would happen if the palestinians attacked Russian troops or any other soldiers guarding their border during a war?

Open your eyes, you are being fooled by Hamas. Israel is not winning this, Hamas are winning the PR war - that was their plan all along. Think about it. Is there any other possible reason on Earth why Hamas would encourage children to attack soldiers?

I can think of no reason why soldiers who are in no danger from children would choose to shoot and kill them. Hamas didn't kill anyone yesterday. The people who kill are the people to blame for the killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Do you condemn yesterdays killings?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

It certainly seems an intractable problem, but I don't know how it will ever be solved peacefully. Israel is not going to dissolve ever, and Hamas etc and most of the other Arab nations too want to eliminate them. It is never going to change until the Arab nations etc. accept Israel as a legitimate state. I cannot see that happening.
    I do think though that the events in the past few days is a public relation disaster for Israel, and can only see things getting worse in the region. Very disturbing indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Palestine is under occupation.

Palestine is the aggressor?

Fascinating stuff. :rolleyes:

Advertisement