Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Israel want to wipe out the Palestinians?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,491 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Do you??

This conflict has two sides... if it didn't, it would be an easy fix for the international community! ;)

Nothing to do with the international community as such. The Yanks have all the control. The rest fear going against them. Simple.
    Israel has been breaching international law for donkey's years with U.S. backing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,363 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Do you??

This conflict has two sides... if it didn't, it would be an easy fix for the international community! ;)

Two equal sides?
    Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Nothing to do with the international community as such. The Yanks have all the control. The rest fear going against them. Simple.
    Israel has been breaching international law for donkey's years with U.S. backing.

Oh okay.... I didn't realise the conflict in the middle east was "Simple"....

Here was me, thinking it was a complex problem with many factors... and two sides with differing views! lol

Let me make some calls, I'll try to explain this to some of the chaps over there! :P

(or perhaps there are a few too many simpletons in this thread - who hold very one-sided viewpoints on a very complex issue?) :rolleyes:

Oh okay.... I didn't realise the conflict in the middle east was "Simple"....

Here was me, thinking it was a complex problem with many factors... and two sides with differing views! lol

Let me make some calls, I'll try to explain this to some of the chaps over there! :P

(or perhaps there are a few too many simpletons in this thread - who hold very one-sided viewpoints on a very complex issue?) :rolleyes:

Not that complicated at all. It is actually simple.
    The bigger bully with an even bigger bully's backing walks all over the little fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

America. The biggest supporter of terrorism on the planet. Alot may not know it but deep down they have ZERO credibility on the world stage.

• Advertisement

Not that complicated at all. It is actually simple.

Okay... :pac:

So now you've solved the middle east quandary... what's next on your hit list? Time travel? Cure for cancer? :p

Okay... :pac:

So now you've solved the middle east quandary... what's next on your hit list? Time travel? Cure for cancer? :p

You can surround the Israeli / Palestinian conflict with any kind of cosmetics you wish but it is just what i've said.;)

Deedsie wrote: »
    Do catapults count as fire?

Trebuchets are the superior siege weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Gringo180 wrote: »
    America. The biggest supporter of terrorism on the planet. Alot may not know it but deep down they have ZERO credibility on the world stage.

Two rogue nations that should be internationally sanctioned,if there is one positive at least the world is waking up to this fact,even the EU as much as I detest them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭dublinbuster

jews vs muslims in a fight to the death
    all we need now is india vs pakistan to kick off

• Advertisement

Two rogue nations that should be internationally sanctioned,if there is one positive at least the world is waking up to this fact,even the EU as much as I detest them

So what will they do, now that they're all so "woke"... ?? :P

I'm so glad I came into this thread... I am now "woke" too... I see clearly now. This middle east thing is so straight forward.

The simpletons always want a very clear "good guy / bad guy" dynamic... Anything else just hurts their brains. So even when there is no such clear dynamic at play, they simply invent it in their little overworked brains! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I'm so glad I came into this thread... I am now "woke" too... I see clearly now. This middle east thing is so straight forward.

The simpletons always want a very clear "good guy / bad guy" dynamic... Anything else just hurts their brains. So even when there is no such clear dynamic at play, they simply invent it in their little overworked brains! :D

Waking up to the fact that the US isn't the world's policeman intent on doing good,Assad must go! But Israel's war crimes are A-OK,let's be straight here anything the US does is for its own and Israel's interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Odhinn

markodaly wrote: »
    Dropping in the words 'Final Solution' and talks about land conquests are well known tropes popular with Hamas, Deash and others who hate Jews.

Why did you accuse him of making the blood libel?

Well they didn't have to look too hard in this one then.:pac:
    The land-grabbers were very obvious from the word GO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Well the causes of the situation are really quite straightforward. The solution is a mess and gets more complicated and further away with each year. While the best solution would be for Israel to withdraw to the pre-1967 borders , I think that effectively the two state solution is dead and will never happen. The only other option is for there to be one democratic multi-cultural state and that is defintely out of sync with the racist and sectarian nature of the current Israeli state.

What the hell are you on about?
    Your inability to make.sense is the only thing hurting anyone's brain here.
    The Israeli Palestinian issue is complex, we all know that, thanks for clearing it up for us.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    What the hell are you on about?
    Your inability to make.sense is the only thing hurting anyone's brain here.
    The Israeli Palestinian issue is complex, we all know that, thanks for clearing it up for us.

It's not that complex really. Israel keeps annexing palestinian land. Israel is protected from UN sanction for doing so by its ally the US. The continued occupation and land theft creates groups and individuals which, having no legal route to pursue, take up arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

The Palestinian population has risen by 7 or 8 fold since 1948 so its a strange sort of genocide that the Israelis are supposedly carrying out.

zapitastas wrote: »
    Well the causes of the situation are really quite straightforward. The solution is a mess and gets more complicated and further away with each year. While the best solution would be for Israel to withdraw to the pre-1967 borders , I think that effectively the two state solution is dead and will never happen. The only other option is for there to be one democratic multi-cultural state and that is defintely out of sync with the racist and sectarian nature of the current Israeli state conflict on both sides.

Fixed that for you...

Remember, two sides to this conflict. Plenty of hatred to be shared around... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Odhinn wrote: »
    It's not that complex really. Israel keeps annexing palestinian land. Israel is protected from UN sanction for doing so by its ally the US. The continued occupation and land theft creates groups and individuals which, having no legal route to pursue, take up arms.

And when they take up arms they are derided by the west, especially the west, as terrorists, despite international law being explicit about the right of occupied peoples to resist by force.
    And then they don't take up arms and peacefully protest they are accused of agitating their occupiers and stirring up tensions and causing "clashes" when Israel indiscriminately murders and injures thousands of them.

• Advertisement

Fixed that for you...

Remember, two sides to this conflict. Plenty of hatred to be shared around... ;)

But which side is illegally occupying, blockading, and ethnically cleansing the other?

Oh, right, yeah, that would be the apartheid state of Israel.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Why did you accuse him of making the blood libel?

Because when you can't rebut international law and historical facts all you have is the ole reliable cry of "omg antisemitism!!!".

But which side is....

Nope!

Two sides to this conflict...

People who fail to recognise this fact, are simply adding to the problem!

I'm sorry if your brain can't comprehend the true nature of this thing. (It's complicated - not simple!) ;)

Nope!

I'm sorry if your brain can't comprehend the true nature of this thing. (It's complicated - not simple!) ;)

Explain, if you will, how its complicated.

Nope!

Nope, you're making excuses for the breaking of international law, human rights abuses, war crimes, and ethnic cleansing. Stop trying to pretend you're doing anything else. Deflectionist nonsense pandering to an audience of bigots and psychopaths.

Nope!

That's actually hilarious. You couldn't quote the full post because of what it contained.

Nope!

Are you a narcissist by any chance?

Glazers Out!

Nope, you're making excuses for human the breaking of international law, human rights abuses, arm crimes, and ethnic cleansing. Stop trying to pretend you're doing anything else. Deflectionist nonsense pandering to an audience of bigots and psychopaths.

What, like all the people professing not to be anti-semitic?? lol

Give me a break...

Doth protest too much, methinks...

Like I said - Two sides - should be obvious, but bears repeating! ;)

Give me a break...

Like I said - Two sides! ;)

So if somebody takes issue with human rights violations carried out by Israel they're only doing so because they dislike Jews?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Give me a break...

Like I said - Two sides - should be obvious, but bears repeating! ;)

....are you going to explain to us these complexities you refer to?

Advertisement