Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Israel want to wipe out the Palestinians?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Odhinn wrote: »
    ....are you going to explain to us these complexities you refer to?

Or where the antisemitism is?

Israel is very heavy-handed... and I think they are correct to act in this manner! (not that I am saying I agree with every particular incident or decision)

Right. Put your money where your mouth is ThinkProgess.

Do you agree with them shooting 58 protestors?

"It's complex..."

reminds me of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Annd9

People who claim you are anti semitic for supporting Palestine obviously do not understand what a semite actually is .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Richard308

I’ll give an example if the idf were protecting the corrib gas pipeline and protestors who had criminal contempt to trespass the same as Palestinians what would the outcome be? If they shot the protestors? Is that acceptable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,363 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Or where the antisemitism is?

Standard ADL type defense mechanism.
    Or if you criticize Israel and you're Jewish then you're a "self hating Jew".

Glazers Out!

Still no answer...

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Standard ADL type defense mechanism.
    Or if you criticize Israel and you're Jewish then you're a "self hating Jew".

The attempt by Israel, it's enablers and apologists to redefine the word antisemitism to describe criticism of the actions and policies of the state of Israel or opposition to it's illegal occupation, war crimes, human rights abuses and ethnic cleansing in Palestine is one of the most transparent, disgusting, despicable propaganda tools of the last few decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

nullzero wrote: »
    So if somebody takes issue with human rights violations carried out by Israel they're only doing so because they dislike Jews?

Prejudiced mindsets always find reasons why one side or one group, should be blamed over the other... And they can be totally convinced of their beliefs!

That's how these things work. How do you think the Nazis could convince an entire nation, that one group of people were to blame for everything bad that happened to them...??

Really, this should be obvious to people... especially with a conflict that is dominated by religion!

Anyone who thinks this is a one-sided conflict... is either deeply prejudiced, or just not particularly bright!

The funny thing is they claim to be" protecting" their border , however if their is no such place as palestine then what or where is Gaza and how can that have a border ?

If we go along with the Israeli point of view then surely they are just attacking a fence surrounding a very large compound of sorts within Israel itself .

• Advertisement

Prejudiced mindsets always find reasons why one side or one group, should be blamed over the other... And they can be totally convinced of their beliefs!

That's how these things work. How do you think the Nazis could convince an entire nation, that one group of people were to blame for everything bad that happened to them...??

Really, this should be obvious to people... especially with a conflict that is dominated by religion!

Anyone who thinks this is a one-sided conflict... is either deeply prejudiced, or just not particularly bright!

You're veering way off topic now.
    What are your feelings towards Palestinians? Do they have the same rights as any other human beings?

Glazers Out!

Annd9 wrote: »
    The funny thing is they claim to be" protecting" their border , however if their is no such place as palestine then what or where is Gaza and how can that have a border ?

If we go along with the Israeli point of view then surely they are just attacking a fence surrounding a very large compound of sorts within Israel itself .

The "border" is more of an abstract concept than a real thing to Israel and it's apologists. If you never define it, you never have to validate your claims that you are "defending" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Are you going to explain these complexities to us....? hmmm?

Eh what do you think is happening right now in Israel ?

And that's how you have the Zionits convince almost an entire nation and it's religious fanatic supporters over seas that Palestinian's (a) don't exist (b) never existed historically (c) even if they did exist they don't deserve human rights because god said this is our land.

Come on ThinkProgress, you've been asked some very simple questions which should have some very simple answers...

You keep telling us how we're lacking intellectually for not agreeing with you, show us that brain of yours in full swing.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Richard308 wrote: »
    I’ll give an example if the idf were protecting the corrib gas pipeline and protestors who had criminal contempt to trespass the same as Palestinians what would the outcome be? If they shot the protestors? Is that acceptable?

silly comparison, totally different situations:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Mutant z wrote: »
    The Palestinian population has risen by 7 or 8 fold since 1948 so its a strange sort of genocide that the Israelis are supposedly carrying out.

It’s not a genocide, it’s ethnic cleansing.

The fact that the Palestinian population has grown doesn’t detract from the racist ethnic cleansing carried out by Israel.

But you seem happy enough to trot that line out to deflect attention away from the hundreds of Palestinian villages that have been destroyed by Israel to deter Palestinians from returning to claim their homes/land.

Many of these villages have forests planted in their place thanks to funding from the JNF.

Yet for some reason people think the Palestinians are the problem. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

silly comparison, totally different situations:o

Not really. The seems default reaction in Israel and the occupied territories is to treat all protesters as enemy combatants. Generally the majority of those killed are unarmed.

And before anyone here says I'm anti israel, I'm not. I think it has a right to exist. I just think that illegal settlements are wrong. I think the occupation is wrong. Palestinians have every right to be angry. That doesn't justify violence either, it's just saying that the palestinians have very real grievances.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    It’s not a genocide, it’s ethnic cleansing.

The fact that the Palestinian population has grown doesn’t detract from the racist ethnic cleansing carried out by Israel.

But you seem happy enough to trot that line out to deflect attention away from the hundreds of Palestinian villages that have been destroyed by Israel to deter Palestinians from returning to claim their homes/land.

Many of these villages have forests planted in their place thanks to funding from the JNF.

Yet for some reason people think the Palestinians are the problem. :rolleyes:

And continued demolition of entire villages in the Neveg and West Bank. Let's not forget this is a current, continuous activity, not a one off event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Grayson wrote: »
    Not really. The seems default reaction in Israel and the occupied territories is to treat all protesters as enemy combatants. Generally the majority of those killed are unarmed.

And before anyone here says I'm anti israel, I'm not. I think it has a right to exist. I just think that illegal settlements are wrong. I think the occupation is wrong. Palestinians have every right to be angry. That doesn't justify violence either, it's just saying that the palestinians have very real grievances.

and what would the likely outcome be if the IDF allowed these "protestors" cross that border?
    please choose
    • a peaceful sitdown
    • rowdy scenes followed by destruction of property
    • delivery of a strongly worded letter
    • a reasoned and mature debate
    • mass-murder

and what would the likely outcome be if the IDF allowed these "protestors" cross that border?
    please choose
    • a peaceful sitdown
    • mass-murder

Why do you think that all those shot were trying to get across the border (apart from any IDF statement that they were)?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

please choose
    • a peaceful sitdown
    • mass-murder

An opportunity for the victims of ethnic cleansing to reclaim their homes?

Surely you wouldn’t deny the victims of crime the right to get their stolen property back, would you?

Or are you a racist who thinks the Palestinians don’t deserve justice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

An embassy that is costing us hundreds of thousands per year and millions over the duration of it's lease.

We have diplomacy in order to try to prevent violence. As Mandela said, if you want peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

zapitastas wrote: »
    Cease the theft of Palestinian lands, return to 67 borders, compensate refugees for loss, give equal rights to Palestinians residing within Israel, lift blockades. Act like humans

So, that’s not going to happen. Now what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

I would hope the Irish defence forces would shoot dead any person or groups who would try to cross our border with criminal intent.

Really?

You think, then, that the Irish Defence Forces should have shot dead the future First Minister of Northern Ireland Peter Robinson when he made a football hooligan yob of himself along with a few chums in Clontibret back in 1986?

What do you think would have been the effect of that?

You and all the other numbskulls who "liked" this post(
    ameirecan, Diceicle, DrPhilG, galwayrush, JCX BXC, MarkY91, Officer Giggles, Rezident, StereoSound, studdlymurphy, Ulysses Gaze, wherearewe45, YouSavedMyLife) are beneath contempt.

As are the Israelis.

All those Nobel laureates and they can't work out how to make peace.
    All that technology and they put most of it to use in weapons of mass destruction, while whinging that anybody else possessing weapons is a terrorist.
    All that history of oppression and they seem to have learned nothing from anyone except the oppressors.

Mod-Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

And, as usual, it is a bunch of fascist Israeli "politicians" that profit from keeping the conflict going so that they can siphon off more aid money from the West and win the votes of fascist settler f*ckbends. And at the same time, sacrifice Palestinian kids so that they can do so.

Fyp

Israel-Gaza Conflict 2014

The children killed during the Israeli Gaza Conflict of 2014

Israeli settlers celebrate bombings in Palestine

And you're surprised the Palestinians aren't happy about this? The CURRENT Israeli Justice Minister called for GENOCIDE against them MULTIPLE TIMES for jaysus sake... And they are just supposed to be OK with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I’m sick and f-Ing tired of this conflict. Sanctions for both until a two state or even better equal shared secular state is created. Northern Ireland being the example.

So, that’s not going to happen. Now what?

Support BDS.

• Advertisement

We have diplomacy in order to try to prevent violence. As Mandela said, if you want peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.

No, we have an embassy occupying 1 floor of a multi-story building which the government pays the rent, security, and rates on which is un-used because the Israeli Embassy has made it completely unsuitable for use by government employees (it's intended purpose) due to their ridiculous security demands.

They should be told to find a more suitable building and toddle off.

Advertisement