Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Israel want to wipe out the Palestinians?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

what about this, what about that. what about. whataboutery.

nope. criticising israel's criminality is not anti semitism.

the palestinians are living on their land. the land where they are entitled to live, yet israel keeps stealing slowly but surely.

Sure this is happening the world over ? Certainly protest away but your narrow world view criticism is a sign of anti semitism. Can you point to other campaigns you are involved in ?

what about this, what about that. what about. whataboutery.

nope. criticising israel's criminality is not anti semitism.

the palestinians are living on their land. the land where they are entitled to live, yet israel keeps stealing slowly but surely.

I do agree that Israel should stop building in the west bank. I do wonder what the end game is? Two state solution? The refugees outside Gaza and west bank are not going to get aright of return. Not realistic and hasnt happened anywhere else in the world after 70 odd years.
    Yes I'm aware the Jews came back but they got the western powers on board . No way any world power will back a right of return for the Palestinians. Given the booting out of people in their own lands

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Sure this is happening the world over ? Certainly protest away but your narrow world view criticism is a sign of anti semitism. Can you point to other campaigns you are involved in ?

no, no it really isn't a sign of anti semitism. the old "anti semitism" card doesn't work any more. it hasn't worked for years
    I do agree that Israel should stop building in the west bank. I do wonder what the end game is? Two state solution? The refugees outside Gaza and west bank are not going to get aright of return. Not realistic and hasnt happened anywhere else in the world after 70 odd years.
    Yes I'm aware the Jews came back but they got the western powers on board . No way any world power will back a right of return for the Palestinians. Given the booting out of people in their own lands

they won't back it now, but they may back such in the future. things do change.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

why would they? it's irrelevant to the movement and it's work. it's a matter between her and the relevant authorities.

You think its OK for a high profile member of the BDS leadership to conduct themselves in that way? If anyone in a high profile position conducted themselves in that way, they would be out of a job. I guess BDS are different.

To be honest I am not surprised BDS have had nothing to say about it, hoping of course the incident would just go away. Of course, such actions say more about BDS themselves.

I do find the whole situation hilarious though, in a Kafkaesque way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

markodaly wrote: »
    You think its OK for a high profile member of the BDS leadership to conduct themselves in that way? If anyone in a high profile position conducted themselves in that way, they would be out of a job. I guess BDS are different.

To be honest I am not surprised BDS have had nothing to say about it, hoping of course the incident would just go away. Of course, such actions say more about BDS themselves.

I do find the whole situation hilarious though, in a Kafkaesque way.

High profile?

You'd never heard of the woman before she threw a wobbler on a plane. Stop talking sh*te, absolute spoofer.

When Israeli cabinet ministers are calling for genocide in Gaza where are you with your faux outrage?

• Advertisement

no, i don't. however her behaviour makes no difference to the movement as a whole. her behaviour is a matter for the authorities

High profile?

You'd never heard of the woman before she threw a wobbler on a plane. Stop talking sh*te, absolute spoofer.

When Israeli cabinet ministers are calling for genocide in Gaza where are you with your faux outrage?

Why does she still work for BDS? They have been awfully quiet on the matter in fairness.

no, i don't. however her behaviour makes no difference to the movement as a whole. her behaviour is a matter for the authorities

Her behavior is not a matter for her employer?

Why does she still work for BDS? They have been awfully quiet on the matter in fairness.

You seem to think "BDS" is a company or something.

You clearly haven't a notion what the **** you're dribbling about.

Her behavior is not a matter for her employer?

Eh, who's employing her?

"BDS"?

How does that work? Who's signing her paycheques? "Mr BDS" of "BDS enterprises"?

Absolutely clueless.

• Advertisement

You seem to think "BDS" is a company or something.

You clearly haven't a notion what the **** you're dribbling about.

She is a lawyer who is affiliated with BDS. Unless I am told she does the work pro-bono, that would be classed as employment.

Do you not find it odd at all the anyone in BDS has not released a statement about her. Even a simple, 'we are severing our relationship with Simone O'Broin due to racist and abusive language aimed at airline staff on an Air India flight'.

Then, she is on her own. However, we are led to believe that they (BDS) condone this behavior.

Eh, who's employing her?

"BDS"?

How does that work? Who's signing her paycheques? "Mr BDS" of "BDS enterprises"?

Absolutely clueless.

You are being deliberately facetious as a way to shy away from the debate.

I am surprised to know that BDS pays no one and that every single person, affiliate and company they hire does it all for free. Nice to know. ROFL

She is a lawyer who is affiliated with BDS. Unless I am told she does the work pro-bono, that would be classed as employment.

Do you not find it odd at all the anyone in BDS has not released a statement about her. Even a simple, 'we are severing our relationship with Simone O'Broin due to racist and abusive language aimed at airline staff on an Air India flight'.

Then, she is on her own. However, we are led to believe that they (BDS) condone this behavior.

You sure do project a lot of idiocy into something you don't actually know the facts of or understand.

Again, who's employing her? What has she worked on, and for who?
    Who exactly do you expect to issue a statement about this?

You're basically making up some mental scenario in your head and then acting like it's fact.

I am surprised to know that BDS pays no one and that every single person, affiliate and company they hire does it all for free. Nice to know. ROFL

You really don't understand what the BDS movement is, do you?

How could you be so invested in opposing something when you don't even know what it is?

You sure do project a lot of idiocy into something you don't actually know the facts of or understand.

Again, who's employing her? What has she worked on, and for who?
    Who exactly do you expect to issue a statement about this?

You're basically making up some mental scenario in your head and then acting like it's fact.

BDS are unable to release a press statement or even a facebook page regarding this incident?

They are more useless than I thought.

BDS are unable to release a press statement or even a facebook page regarding this incident?

They are more useless than I thought.

You really don't know what BDS is, this is actually adorable. You're an angry little uninformed man and no clue with he's talking about, aren't you?

D'aaaww I just want to boop you on your silly lil head you little sillypants.

So yeah... Who should issue this statement exactly? What facebook page? Who has she worked for? What has she worked on?

I bet you can't answer those questions lil mister sillybum.

You really don't understand what the BDS movement is, do you?

How could you be so invested in opposing something when you don't even know what it is?

Yes, its a movement who have no need for money or donations as no one is ever paid for the work they do, besides the fact they have a big Donate button on their page. Simone O'Broin was obviously a volunteer who never got a cent from any of her 'human rights' work from BADIL or BDS. LOLZ

Need I remind you, this is the lady you are defending.
    “I work for all you f***ing people… ‘The f***ing Rohingyas, the f***ing people of all Asia, for you, I’m an international criminal lawyer. Don’t get any money for it by the way. But you won’t give me a f***ing glass of wine, is that correct?”

She then called a female crew member “Indian f***ing money grabbing bastard,” shouting that she will “turn you inside f***ing out, you f***ing stupid c***s.”

So yeah... Who should issue this statement exactly? What facebook page? Who has she worked for? What has she worked on?

She said it herself.
    was filmed by fellow passengers telling flight attendants that she is a “leader of the f***ing boycott movement,” clapping in the air in front of a crew member. She added: “If I say boycott f***ing Air India, done. Do you understand me? You can’t give me a wee bottle of wine?”

A charming lady. You would get on well with her I think.

She said it herself.

A charming lady. You would get on well with her I think.

Oh, she said it?

That settles that then, she's a leader.

She wrote two reports for BADIL which were published 6 years ago, but hasn't worked for them since 2011, and odds are she wasn't paid btw.

Does that make her "a leader" of BDS?

Let's ignore multiple human rights abuses the world over and instead focus on Israel soley How many other threads on these other abuses =none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Are you saying that because one person did something wrong the whole enterprise is kaput?

Let's ignore multiple human rights abuses the world over and instead focus on Israel soley How many other threads on these other abuses =none.

Except that one on Yemen

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057893657

And that one on pakistan

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057925784

O yeah, that one about Saudi

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108382689

and that one about Russia
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108718323

And the Syrian one.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057860141

And whatever few are lurking in the politics forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

This is a thread about Israel and Palestine. There are plenty of others about stuff from all around the world.

Have a think. Look at the thread title.

i suspect the reason why israel gets more comment is due to their claims of being a "western style democracy" or "the only democracy in the middle east" yet they behave the complete opposite of a democracy.
    there are actually threads on a lot of the other conflicts you mention.

i suspect the reason why israel gets more comment is due to their claims of being a "western style democracy" or "the only democracy in the middle east" yet they behave the complete opposite of a democracy.
    there are actually threads on a lot of the other conflicts you mention.

Interesting point. Yes Israel is the only democracy middle East bar Iraq but in a lot of respects the Jews are a middle eastern people if they treat their enemies like pure dirt. Oh hang on what about the USA and the Indians? Britain and the Irish famine? Democracies ! Let's face facts boys there is a crazy amount of attention paid to this issue beyond all relevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

As far as I’m concerned Israel should just annex Palestine. It’s a tiny spit of land run by anti Semitic terrorists who have never been able to tolerate a Jewish country living next to them. They have refused offers to have their own state time and time again.

They don’t deserve a state. Annex Palestine. Show them what it’s like to live in a real country and they’ll never go back

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    As far as I’m concerned Israel should just annex Palestine. It’s a tiny spit of land run by anti Semitic terrorists who have never been able to tolerate a Jewish country living next to them. They have refused offers to have their own state time and time again.

They don’t deserve a state. Annex Palestine. Show them what it’s like to live in a real country and they’ll never go back

Ha ha.
    1 out of 10.
    You could really do better. That standard of trolling is an all time low.

Sean.3516 wrote: »

Nearly every party in the knessit pledges to 'maintain the majority'. In plain language this means keeping a Jewish majority in the Israeli state, therefore no annexation will take place that would bring large numbers of Palestinians into israel proper, and certainly no handing out citizenship for numbers as large as the population of the West Bank.

Where annexation has taken place (Arab East Jerusalem), the Palestinians are not considered Israeli citizens and face discrimination on a daily basis.

https://www.btselem.org/jerusalem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Interesting point. Yes Israel is the only democracy middle East bar Iraq but in a lot of respects the Jews are a middle eastern people if they treat their enemies like pure dirt. Oh hang on what about the USA and the Indians? Britain and the Irish famine? Democracies ! Let's face facts boys there is a crazy amount of attention paid to this issue beyond all relevance.

Israeli operatives used fake Irish passports. There's a bill hopefully passing banning products from Israel. Also the thread title, reasons enough. If you don't want to see comment on the murderous apartheid of the Israel regime, maybe don't look in a thread on it.

• Advertisement

At the most simple level - there is no action taken against israel at the UNSC level, despite the occupation and colonisation being ongoing for 50 years. As long as that continues it will - obviously - be a centre of protest.

Advertisement