Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Israel want to wipe out the Palestinians?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Taytoland wrote: »
    Well I defend the Jews on here all the time and will continue to do so and I think people on here respect that.

Very few people respect you defending criminals involved in ethnic cleansing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Well I defend the Jews on here all the time and will continue to do so and I think people on here respect that.

i think 99% of people on here defend the jews to be fair. criticism of israel is not criticism of jews. the same as criticism of saudi arabia is not criticism of islam.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Zebra3 wrote: »

Just don't want Jews having to suffer another holocaust which is called for in the Hamas covenant.

Just don't want Jews having to suffer another holocaust which is called for in the Hamas covenant.

the good news is that won't happen. nothing to do with israel though.

So you are happy enough for Palestinians to suffer at the hands of Israeli terrorism because of something Germany did to Jewish people?

• Advertisement

So you are happy enough for Palestinians to suffer at the hands of Israeli terrorism because of something Germany did to Jewish people?
    I worry for the existence of the Jewish people in that area and the Hamas charter makes me worried for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If Hamas are such an existential threat to Israel, why did Israeli intelligence agencies help them grow as a way to destabilize the influence of Fatah in Gaza?

The "Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement" was officially dropped by Hamas in over a year ago and replaced by a new Charter which recognises the borders of 1967, specifically states that they reject the persecution of anyone based on religion, ethnicity or nationality, rejects anti-semitism and persecution of Jews or Judaism, and states the following:
    16. Hamas affirms that its conflict is with the Zionist project not with the Jews because of their religion. Hamas does not wage a struggle against the Jews because they are Jewish but wages a struggle against the Zionists who occupy Palestine. Yet, it is the Zionists who constantly identify Judaism and the Jews with their own colonial project and illegal entity.

17. Hamas rejects the persecution of any human being or the undermining of his or her rights on nationalist, religious or sectarian grounds. Hamas is of the view that the Jewish problem, anti-Semitism and the persecution of the Jews are phenomena fundamentally linked to European history and not to the history of the Arabs and the Muslims or to their heritage. The Zionist movement, which was able with the help of Western powers to occupy Palestine, is the most dangerous form of settlement occupation which has already disappeared from much of the world and must disappear from Palestine.

20. Hamas believes that no part of the land of Palestine shall be compromised or conceded, irrespective of the causes, the circumstances and the pressures and no matter how long the occupation lasts. Hamas rejects any alternative to the full and complete liberation of Palestine, from the river to the sea. However, without compromising its rejection of the Zionist entity and without relinquishing any Palestinian rights, Hamas considers the establishment of a fully sovereign and independent Palestinian state, with Jerusalem as its capital along the lines of the 4th of June 1967, with the return of the refugees and the displaced to their homes from which they were expelled, to be a formula of national consensus.

This is something re-affirms their previous statements, as far back as a decade ago, that Hamas would accept the a two state solution along the 1967 armistice lines, in agreement with the 2002 Arab League plan (re-published in 2007) and the position of Fatah as far back as 1988. They even agreed with like-for-like land swaps along the border to make it more viable.

So can you drop the second holocaust lies now?

I worry for the existence of the Jewish people in that area and the Hamas charter makes me worried for them.

You are worried for the Jews but not bothered about the Palestinian Christians and muslims even though Israeli jews have been ethnicly cleansing them since 1948?

Class act, you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You may have concern for the Israeli state, mostly occupied by people of the Jewish faith, by design, but Israel is not the Jewish people. You can protest the murders and apartheid perpetrated by the Israeli regime and be fine and dandy with the Jewish faith and it's peoples.
    Trying to tie all Jews to the murderous Israel regime is antisemitic IMO.
    There are plenty of Jewish Israelis not happy with the current regime too.

You are worried for the Jews but not bothered about the Palestinian Christians and muslims even though Israeli jews have been ethnicly cleansing them since 1948?

Class act, you are.
    Have you more information on these Palestinian Christians being murdered?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I’m worried that Yemen might kill everybody in the US. So it’s good the US are killing them first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

You’re correct to question that because Palestinian Christians are in fact bomb proof, so Israel can’t hurt them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

You’re correct to question that because Palestinian Christians are in fact bomb proof, so Israel can’t hurt them.

The loolaa unionists and american evangelical taliban who cheerlead the war crimes of Israel never think to consider how these actions impact on the lives of the world's oldest Christian communities.

I would like to see some evidence of it. It would be a game changer among many who support the persecuted Christians around the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

the good news is that won't happen. nothing to do with israel though.

Well there's the Middle East problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

You've got to understand the Israeli/Jewish mindset, you're talking about a race of people who were nearly wiped out during the holocaust, the western powers didn't come to their aid until it was too late...they don't trust anyone after that.

Thats why they're hell bent on having their own homeland, a safe haven as it were so as to protect them from that ever happening again....i'm not saying its right but its understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

frosty123 wrote: »
    You've got to understand the Israeli/Jewish mindset, you're talking about a race of people who were nearly wiped out during the holocaust, the western powers didn't come to their aid until it was too late...they don't trust anyone after that.

Thats why they're hell bent on having their own homeland, a safe haven as it were so as to protect them from that ever happening again....i'm not saying its right but its understandable.
    So they rock up in someone elses homeland with a story book saying a sky fairy said it was ok and start treating the locals in a similar manner to the way they claim to have been treated down through the ages and somehow this is supposed to be ok :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Odhinn

They have one. Building an extension by annexation of the neighbours gaff is not on though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

That is fair enough, but the consequences of their experiences are not necessarily set in stone. It is possible that learning from their own suffering should entail a great sense of empathy within Israeli society towards the displaced and locked in Palestinian people.

That we see a dearth of this reaction is not merely a consequence of history but deliberate choices and actions of certain elements of Israeli society.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Wrong,
    Being Jewish is a Religion, Not Being a Race, Irelands treatment at the hands of the English yes, Scotlands treatment at the hands of the English Yes, Welsh etc etc, But the Jews are Not a Race, Remember that most of the central European Jews were for example, German, Austrian, Polish, Hungarian etc, etc,
    As being Jewish is choosing to belong to a specific Religion, Many could Also view being Jewish as a Choice!!!, ( Not my opinion by the way. )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Israelis treatment of the Palestinians is just going to make it more likely that they will actually need a safe haven in the future.

Its also worth pointing out that straight after WWII, 800,000 Jews came to Palestine but there was only 100,000 survivors of the holocaust.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Israelis treatment of the Palestinians is just going to make it more likely that they will actually need a safe haven in the future.

Its also worth pointing out that straight after WWII, 800,000 Jews came to Palestine but there was only 100,000 survivors of the holocaust.

Heaven forbid you'd stay in a country where the bodies of your family were still smouldering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Heaven forbid you'd stay in a country where the bodies of your family were still smouldering.

I think you've missed the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Wrong,
    Being Jewish is a Religion, Not Being a Race,

its both, a religion and a race

fryup wrote: »
    its both, a religion and a race

no it's a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

Isreal is the only democratic country in the middle east, jew and arabs live side by side with generally no hassle, gay rights are upheld, women rights are upheld....try being openly gay in an islamic country like Palestine and see what happens? you'd be lynched

that doesn't excuse what the Isreali army are doing, but calling it an Aparteid state is utter nonsense

You know more than the largest Israeli newspaper?

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/editorial/the-apartheid-prime-minister-1.6319599
    At least in Israel that is allowed to be published.
    Now try something similar in an Arab County.
    There's one Jewish County in the World and people object to it.
    How many Arab?
    22 I think.
    Not much said.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

Don't think he's defending Hamas.
    Internationally recognised Terrorist group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

"Until 2015 its principal manufacturing facility was located in the Mishor Adumim industrial park in the West Bank, creating controversy and a boycott campaign.[8][9][10] In October 2015, SodaStream closed its factory in Ma'ale Adumim, and moved to a new facility in Lehavim,[11] laying off more than 500 Palestinian workers.[12] While SodaStream tried to retain some of its Palestinian employees, the Israeli government denied all but 74 of them permits."

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

Israel and Hamas spent Wednesday night firing at each other. Israel as usual acting in self defence launched over 150 airstrikes one directly on a home killing an 8 month pregnant woman and her toddler. Her husband is in a coma. Flattened the water and sanitation centre Gaza with 1. Yesterday launched 6 missiles at a cultural centre in the middle of Gaza, a 5 story building and flattened it. The BBC reported that 'Israeli strikes killed woman and toddler.' The Israeli's complained and told them to change it. They did. It then read 'Gaza airstrikes kill woman and child after rockets hit Israel'. Why has Israel the power to change newspaper headlines? I know they're after Corbyn in the UK because of his support for Palastinians, what else are they influencing. This should be stopped now.
    Today is Friday, another March of return protest at the fence whatever that will bring for the Palastinians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Israel and Hamas spent Wednesday night firing at each other. Israel as usual acting in self defence launched over 150 airstrikes one directly on a home killing an 8 month pregnant woman and her toddler. Her husband is in a coma. Flattened the water and sanitation centre Gaza with 1. Yesterday launched 6 missiles at a cultural centre in the middle of Gaza, a 5 story building and flattened it. The BBC reported that 'Israeli strikes killed woman and toddler.' The Israeli's complained and told them to change it. They did. It then read 'Gaza airstrikes kill woman and child after rockets hit Israel'. Why has Israel the power to change newspaper headlines? I know they're after Corbyn in the UK because of his support for Palastinians, what else are they influencing. This should be stopped now.
    Today is Friday, another March of return protest at the fence whatever that will bring for the Palastinians.

How stupid are the Palestinians? They will march up to the fence, act up until Israel responds and a few get killed. ( not any of the Hamas leadership though)
    Poor leaderships on both sides canonly see force as a means of solving the problem

Advertisement