Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Tried to make a Google play purchase today and it says "exceeded spending limit see three.ie" beside not having bought anything in months? Anyone else having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

scottigael wrote: »
    Tried to make a Google play purchase today and it says "exceeded spending limit see three.ie" beside not having bought anything in months? Anyone else having issues?

Says Maintenance in Progress when you manage to log into the crappy app, so I'd say they're messing again.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭bossdrum

scottigael wrote: »

I had the same problem yesterday. I hadn't spent anything or topped up in months either.
    Maybe that is the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

bossdrum wrote: »
    I had the same problem yesterday. I hadn't spent anything or topped up in months either.
    Maybe that is the problem?

No I top-up every month at the same time, did you manage to buy anything from it in the end? Is anyone's Google play purchases working right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

nope, same error here, bloody annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Not working for me since the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

same issue here

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My Google One was declined.

working now

Don't quite understand what's going on with Three. My credit was due to expire today, it said it on the app, and via website. Data, Roaming, Text and calls, all had todays date as expiring. Log in today and it says the 9th June is the expiry date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Don't quite understand what's going on with Three. My credit was due to expire today, it said it on the app, and via website. Data, Roaming, Text and calls, all had todays date as expiring. Log in today and it says the 9th June is the expiry date.
    Are you sure it's not the top-up that expires 9th June as opposed to your 28 day bundle?

Are you sure it's not the top-up that expires 9th June as opposed to your 28 day bundle?

I did wonder, but the "all you can eat" date was today, and that's now the 9th June too, and I thought that was the main indicator your bundle was still active. You wouldn't have ayce if bundle had expired?

I never really understand though, seems random. Some months I get a text reminder to top up, other months, not.

Anyway, sorry, off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Is it possible to buy stuff on google play desktop with your number (if previously added) or must it be done on the device?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is it possible to buy stuff on google play desktop with your number (if previously added) or must it be done on the device?

Only on the device

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

If you have other Android devices linked with the same Google account (e.g. Tablet, Android TV, etc.), you can also purchase with carrier billing, but not with a PC desktop.

For example, I wanted to purchase Dream Player for Android TV, but it wouldn't let me on my phone as it said the App is not compatible with my phone. To my surprise, on the Android TV it gave the 3 billing option (I use the same Google account) and the purchase came out of my credit.

Anyone having trouble with their Shudder account paid for using credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

Just overheard the three ad on TV announcing that they are removing the usage limits forever on their all you can eat data.

Now I haven't gone over there 80gb per month limit yet so.

Has anyone been throttled for going way over the limits.

At least this news they shouldn't slow down now if they have removed caps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Three never slowed anyone down apart from by having too many users, used to regularly download anything up to 300Gb a month on a €20 top up.

3 are pushing the new plans, I've gotten a couple of messages to upgrade and offering 50 off a new phone! Obviously want to get rid of this plan as it's costing them, they can bugger off!

Shudder got crossed lines and cancelled my subscription but also "refunded" me for the last month... bizarre.

Anyway, I assume this refund will not go back on my Three credit and will instead just be lost in the ether?

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    3 are pushing the new plans, I've gotten a couple of messages to upgrade and offering 50 off a new phone! Obviously want to get rid of this plan as it's costing them, they can bugger off!

It's an interesting one. I can't see anything in their terms and conditions that says we can spend the credit on Google Play via 3 billing. I'd assume they could easily pull that option for PAYG customers if they wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

Im still playing where is my credit gone with 3

20 euro is 20 euro, almost three months of onedrive for me

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

mrcheez wrote: »
    Shudder got crossed lines and cancelled my subscription but also "refunded" me for the last month... bizarre.

Anyway, I assume this refund will not go back on my Three credit and will instead just be lost in the ether?
    It'll probably appear as Play Store credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

sweetie wrote: »

Woke up to the same text

From Three. Our brand new prepay plans give you more control and more ways to stay connected with all your friends and family. If you love to talk, text or video call then we have the perfect plan for you. Find your new plan now and get up to EUR50 off a top new smartphone today. Upgrade now 3.ie/My3 OPTOUT to 50202

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's an interesting one. I can't see anything in their terms and conditions that says we can spend the credit on Google Play via 3 billing. I'd assume they could easily pull that option for PAYG customers if they wanted to.

Even if it does say we can use credit for google play, they are free to change the T&Cs with a months notice. im hoping enough people change to a newer payg product and thus people keeping their credit is so small that it falls below their radar and arent bothered.

id be worried about losing my sim card (lost phone) and going to get a new sim card when three might force me onto these new contracts.

mrcheez wrote: »

Quackster wrote: »
    It'll probably appear as Play Store credit.

Doesn't look like it... I tried a test purchase of something for €3.99 and only option was to select credit card, or "3"

I guess it's gone back to line 3's pockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Anyone else ever get the problem where 3 billing has worked previously in the Play Store but one day the carrier billing option appears with a red "UNAVAILABLE" underneath it and purchases won't go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Milkers wrote: »
    Anyone else ever get the problem where 3 billing has worked previously in the Play Store but one day the carrier billing option appears with a red "UNAVAILABLE" underneath it and purchases won't go through?

Is your phone dual sim? If so you'll need to remove the sim. Maybe a reboot will sort it if not. Or you can remove the 3 method payment and put it back again. I've had to do that in the past.

You can pay adverts to list an ad on donedeal for €1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I got €10 added to my three account last month and again this month. Anyone know what that's about?

Advertisement