Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

seem to have 20 notes missing as well :confused:
    when i was actually able to login to the app :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Tazz T wrote: »
    You can, but you can only use it on Android. You don't get PC access. I had it and cancelled for this reason.

You can buy an Irish Times ePaper through the ePaper app with phone credit but you can't pay for a subscription as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

I'd be willing to set up irishtimes subscription with a couple of users -smilira to family plan or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

they regularly give away free ipads for full yearly subs so im guessing thats why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

garrkell wrote: »
    they regularly give away free ipads for full yearly subs so im guessing thats why

That was The Times and they haven't ran the iPad mini offer in a couple of years AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭naughto

GinSoaked wrote: »
    I've noticed some "strange" stuff with the new login. If I login from a computer on another network it logs in fine with the email address and password, but if I'm connected to the three network (or should I say tree network because its run by planks) and connect with a computer it won't connect until I change the window size to that of a phone.

OK so I'm using all you can eat data in a mobile broadband device with a phone SIM, its worked for years and years but the My3 webpage code checking your screen size is a bit daft especially as the code checks if you are on a three connection or not.

Had to take the 3 sim out of the router and put it back in to my old 3 handset as it was looking for a code that would be sent to the phone.
    After a long search I found the phone but it was dead not even after a nights charging did it come on.
    On to ebay for a ****1y unlocked phone popped in 3 sim got the code popped sim backing to router.
    Rereged with the new app can now set up automatic top up on smartphone and can log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

Colemania wrote: »
    I've about 40 euro credit gone since last week and nobody could tell me why. I had to submit a request to get a usage report but still waiting on it

Another one here whose credit just went missing. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Id say almost EVERYONE has or will have credit go "missing"

Its all three fault, someone has said there is expiry on the credit and always has, but only with the new my three etc has this been clear to see etc

End up in the grey area of not out fault its was not visible, it was always in the T&C and hope people will just go away and three pocket handy money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

jeffk wrote: »
    Id say almost EVERYONE has or will have credit go "missing"

Its all three fault, someone has said there is expiry on the credit and always has, but only with the new my three etc has this been clear to see etc

End up in the grey area of not out fault its was not visible, it was always in the T&C and hope people will just go away and three pocket handy money

I lost €60 recently probably old credit expiring but as I wasn't using the account at the time I wasn't really taking much notice. Had €120 which I knew was going down (3 phone SIM in a MBB router 20 ft up a pole) and expected at least €60 when I checked back a couple of months later but found nothing. Looked to me as if the credit vanished in the swap over to the new and improved borked My3 but as I said probably it expired. I had got my moneys worth out of it though downloading 200-300GB a month :D

Mine wasn't old credit. I had only topped up a month ago and that is gone.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »

If you go over three's 28 days then the cost for out of bundle data is probably very high (always used to be like a euro a megabyte) so day 29 you could have used that top up just browsing here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Raoul wrote: »

Thats not right then

Was going to log in and check, but I THINK i had 3 lots of credit and one was to expire around today, so probably be told the 20 i lost was before it etc etc

Three will try their best to get out of it, seen as most of the point of contact is going to be the usual call center works from a script, banging head off wall time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's a mess. How I've ended up with different expiry dates for data and voice/text I don't know. I'm waiting to see, after both those dates what happens. I've got just under 40 in credit at the moment (I had about 15 euro disappear)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

I've posted this to mobiles but it might help people here if they are thinking of changing there plan with Three.

I was on the all you can eat 3 prepay plan for years as I don't make a lot of calls it suited me fine.

Yesterday I was on the new backend and I saw that I could upgrade for the same €20 per month but get 60 minutes of talk time. When I went to upgrade my account it said that I needed to top up by €20 to take effect which I did.

This is what I thought.

I'd top-up by €20 to change the plan TRUE
    It would be free to change plans FALSE (Costs €20)
    I would receive the €20 top-up credit on my account FALSE (Balance stays the same.)
    I could still use my credit on other things like in the app store FALSE (this has been stopped with my new plan)

All this was confirmed by a Three rep on the phone.

So I have lost the ability to use my credit in other places and was charged €20 for changing my plan.

Please think about this if you are going to change plans, the bright side is that after years and years with Three I can now shop around and move.

Useful android apps that are maybe worth paying for....

Most are one off-purchases

https://www.ubuntupit.com/best-paid-android-apps/

https://uk.pcmag.com/features/39042/15-android-apps-actually-worth-paying-for

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-premium-apps-android-999113/

Decided to do a clear-down of some credit and bought 5 or 6 of them for 20 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I signed up for Disney + last month using three as payment method- no issues.

Now I get notifications that payment is being declined, also for my one drive subscription. I thought it was perhaps related to the system changes that three has been doing for the past weeks or so. So I went through the pain of re-registering and finally managed to do it. But the payment method still shows as "unavailable" in Google Play and retrying payment for Disney+ results in declined. I have €71 balance.

Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I signed up for Disney + last month using three as payment method- no issues.

Now I get notifications that payment is being declined, also for my one drive subscription. I thought it was perhaps related to the system changes that three has been doing for the past weeks or so. So I went through the pain of re-registering and finally managed to do it. But the payment method still shows as "unavailable" in Google Play and retrying payment for Disney+ results in declined. I have €71 balance.

Any ideas ?

This happened to me. I had to delete the payment method and set it up again. Ended up having to pay for one month of YouTube premium because I had to set an alternative payment method on it before I could reset up the 3 billing.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    This happened to me. I had to delete the payment method and set it up again. Ended up having to pay for one month of YouTube premium because I had to set an alternative payment method on it before I could reset up the 3 billing.

When you say delete and set up again - you mean within the youtube app ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

When you say delete and set up again - you mean within the youtube app ?

I done it in the play store itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

glasso wrote: »
    Useful android apps that are maybe worth paying for....

Most are one off-purchases

https://www.ubuntupit.com/best-paid-android-apps/

https://uk.pcmag.com/features/39042/15-android-apps-actually-worth-paying-for

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-premium-apps-android-999113/

Decided to do a clear-down of some credit and bought 5 or 6 of them for 20 or so

maybe the VPN is the only one worth buying, netflix spotify etc you can't buy anymore

google play music / youtube music

google drive etc might be the best use of the credit

and an old charity donate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

If you pay for YouTube Premium by credit, you may be able to join a <€5 channel membership for free for a month. It's basically YouTube's equivalent of Patreon that some channels offer for early or member-only video access. Channels that offer this have a 'Join' button below their videos:
    jdcBjnT.png

Two others that I think are worth paying for:

DroidCamX Wireless Webcam Pro (€4.89) - Use your phone as a PC webcam. Just like the PPE, hand sanitisers, etc. good luck finding a reasonably priced webcam. ;)

Reminder Pro (€1.99) - Has a feature Google Calendar refuses to implement, a ringing reminder. I mainly use it to remind me to top-up Three (rather than trust Three's scheduled top-up) and for time-sensitive events in the future I do not want to miss.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I done it in the play store itself.

Thanks- seemed to work for me for Disney- for youtube I needed to do it in youtube separately

editorsean wrote: »
    If you pay for YouTube Premium by credit, you may be able to join a <€5 channel membership for free for a month. It's basically YouTube's equivalent of Patreon that some channels offer for early or member-only video access. Channels that offer this have a 'Join' button below their videos:
    jdcBjnT.png

Two others that I think are worth paying for:

DroidCamX Wireless Webcam Pro (€4.89) - Use your phone as a PC webcam. Just like the PPE, hand sanitisers, etc. good luck finding a reasonably priced webcam. ;)

Reminder Pro (€1.99) - Has a feature Google Calendar refuses to implement, a ringing reminder. I mainly use it to remind me to top-up Three (rather than trust Three's scheduled top-up) and for time-sensitive events in the future I do not want to miss.

the scheduled top up seems to work grand

if it doesn't work, you have comeback with them

the scheduled top up seems to work grand

if it doesn't work, you have comeback with them

ROTF, this is three they are not there to help only take your money.

I have come across this happening and three don't care, your top up fails or is late and you end up loosing all your balance (if you haven't already spent it :D) and three won't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I have come across this happening and three don't care, your top up fails or is late and you end up loosing all your balance (if you haven't already spent it :D) and three won't do anything.

I wouldn't trust 3 to pull a pizza out of the oven in time

I wouldn't trust 3 to pull a pizza out of the oven in time

Yeah but its work more suited to them.

Firstly why would it fail, it's never failed for me

Much more likely to forget yourself

If you go over three's 28 days then the cost for out of bundle data is probably very high (always used to be like a euro a megabyte) so day 29 you could have used that top up just browsing here

That's where my credit went. Been with three year and years and previously when my 28 days run out, I get a message saying please sign in or something when I try to use data outside of the bundle. Extremely pissed off about this. Now I will have to set a reminder for every 28 days after I top up. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I know there are a million good causes, but for the "darkness into light" campaign, anyone with 4 euros credit to spare, could do a lot worse than texting PH4 to 50300 for Pieta House.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

All my credit (130) accounted for and got a free tenner. Bought a couple books and made two donations.

Advertisement