Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

1huge1 wrote: »
    Thanks, it just seems a bit crazy. I am bill pay with 3, the sim only plan costs me €30 a month for unlimited everything.

I also buy google music and youtube premium, this seems like a no brainer to switch to the top up plan. Phone, youtube and google music for €20 vs the almost €50 I am paying now.

It just seems too good to be true.

Why are you paying €20 for YouTube premium and Google music? Music comes with YouTube premium, unless you're paying for the YouTube premium family plan (which I still think is less than €20)?

You can get all of that for approx €2.50/month if you pay in Rupees ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Basil3 wrote: »
    Why are you paying €20 for YouTube premium and Google music? Music comes with YouTube premium, unless you're paying for the YouTube premium family plan (which I still think is less than €20)?

You can get all of that for approx €2.50/month if you pay in Rupees ;)

It is a Youtube Premium Family account, it comes in at around €18 a month.

I know not what you mean by paying in rupees?

This is great, my bill for these is going to go from almost €50 to €20, I can't believe I haven't noticed this before. I still have no idea how 3 make money from this, but that is their issue.

It is a Youtube Premium Family account, it comes in at around €18 a month.

I know not what you mean by paying in rupees?

This is great, my bill for these is going to go from almost €50 to €20, I can't believe I haven't noticed this before. I still have no idea how 3 make money from this, but that is their issue.

You can sign up for YouTube premium via YouTube India for a more favourable rate. I've been paying approx €2.50/month for YouTube premium family for probably a year.

Another couple of things to note is that you won't be able to make many phone calls any more with your €2 of leftover credit. You'll also have to check whether you can actually keep your credit when you top up with 3 now. I thought it was mentioned earlier in this thread that new customers no longer can keep their credit.

Basil3 wrote: »
    You can sign up for YouTube premium via YouTube India for a more favourable rate. I've been paying approx €2.50/month for YouTube premium family for probably a year.

Another couple of things to note is that you won't be able to make many phone calls any more with your €2 of leftover credit. You'll also have to check whether you can actually keep your credit when you top up with 3 now. I thought it was mentioned earlier in this thread that new customers no longer can keep their credit.

Thank you very much,

The plan I seen on the 3 website says that for €20, you get unlimited calls and data, which is all I'd want.

Can anyone give an update as to whether they still let new customers keep their credit?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Apparently new customers don't get that deal anymore.
    Ts & Cs were changed a short while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

20e PAYG 3 keep credit plan is not available for new PAYG customers (ended in March).

The current 20e PAYG 3 plan only has 60 minutes of non 3 calls and credit is taken to activate the plan.

Oh, I missed the boat on that one.

Thanks anyway everyone.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Any t&cs? Can you use on a premium number say?

It expires after a month but it's the same as regular credit - you can spend it on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Did anyone have any luck getting back their missing phone credit with Three? i'm on chat now with customer care since 9.15 and they're not helping at all. They tell me to download a usage report on the my3 site which isn't an option and the report on their side doesn't show a running balance so they can't verify how much credit I had before it disappeared. Very frustrating to just lose about 40 euro credit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Colemania wrote: »
    Did anyone have any luck getting back their missing phone credit with Three? i'm on chat now with customer care since 9.15 and they're not helping at all. They tell me to download a usage report on the my3 site which isn't an option and the report on their side doesn't show a running balance so they can't verify how much credit I had before it disappeared. Very frustrating to just lose about 40 euro credit
    Usage report is available on new site, someone said few posts back.

I dunno, I was never able to log back in after upgrade.

• Advertisement

FFVII wrote: »
    Usage report is available on new site, someone said few posts back.

I dunno, I was never able to log back in after upgrade.

Yep, that's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Colemania wrote: »

PM them on their community.three.ie covid-19 thread and they'll forward it to tech support. The webchat is next to useless.

phonypony wrote: »
    PM them on their community.three.ie covid-19 thread and they'll forward it to tech support. The webchat is next to useless.

The new 3Community (community.three.ie) and webtext (messaging.three.ie) are tied to the new My3 login so if you're having trouble logging in, you mightn't be able to access it.

The old 3Community can still be reached at forum.three.ie though.

The new 3Community is fully-accessible so best to post in the Prepay section. With the old 3Community, you have to post on the Covid-19 board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Quackster wrote: »
    The new 3Community (community.three.ie) and webtext (messaging.three.ie) are tied to the new My3 login so if you're having trouble logging in, you mightn't be able to access it.

The old 3Community can still be reached at forum.three.ie though.

The new 3Community is fully-accessible so best to post in the Prepay section. With the old 3Community, you have to post on the Covid-19 board.

I can get into the new My3 alright so I've messaged them there now and hopefully this gets sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi,

Perhaps I took info in this thread up wrong but I was under the impression one could mix and max paying by Vodafone credit and Google play balance. Ie I had hoped to use the max monthly limit for Vodafone with the balance of the annual subscription coming from redeemed Google gift cards. At the moment neither are showing as a payment option on the phone due to insufficient funds.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks W.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Perhaps I took info in this thread up wrong but I was under the impression one could mix and max paying by Vodafone credit and Google play balance. Ie I had hoped to use the max monthly limit for Vodafone with the balance of the annual subscription coming from redeemed Google gift cards. At the moment neither are showing as a payment option on the phone due to insufficient funds.

I can't use Vodafone as a payment option at the minute either. I topped up last week then went into the Vodafone app to look at a few things, a message popped up saying unavailable and to check back later or contact customer support. 3 days later I gave up on checking later and contacted them. They said that there's a problem with my account that the technical team would sort within 72 hours. Tried to buy a book last night and Vodafone payment was unavailable, first time in a good 6 months I've had to spend my own money on a book

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Quick question. Is there a limit to the amount that you can purchase using 3 credit on Google? For example can you buy a Chromecast? Thanks Mav

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Mav11 wrote: »
    Quick question. Is there a limit to the amount that you can purchase using 3 credit on Google? For example can you buy a Chromecast? Thanks Mav

I think it's been discussed before - no option to buy a chrome cast using credit

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

According to Three's community website you can spend up to €30 per transaction, €100 per day or €150 per month.

Fat chance of me doing that for a while though as Three decided to swindle over €100 of credit from me.

Was due to top up but couldn't as site was not taking online payments, so powered off the router I have the sim in before 12 that night and didn't turn it back on until after I managed to top up the following day.
    All my credit was used apparently at 00:15 with approx. 300 Mb of data. Impossible as router was p0wered off before my allowance expired at 12.

Got on to their chatline and community but no joy, they are adamant that the data was used at 00:15 which could not have as I explained to them.

Only theory I have is that the charge was put on for data used before midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Berberis wrote: »
    According to Three's community website you can spend up to €30 per transaction, €100 per day or €150 per month.

Fat chance of me doing that for a while though as Three decided to swindle over €100 of credit from me.

Was due to top up but couldn't as site was not taking online payments, so powered off the router I have the sim in before 12 that night and didn't turn it back on until after I managed to top up the following day.
    All my credit was used apparently at 00:15 with approx. 300 Mb of data. Impossible as router was p0wered off before my allowance expired at 12.

Got on to their chatline and community but no joy, they are adamant that the data was used at 00:15 which could not have as I explained to them.

Only theory I have is that the charge was put on for data used before midnight.

They have blatantly lied to me on several occasions. I can't access the app or website & had to top up by text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Hey All,

I'm curious, if you are topping up a 3 account with €20 credit a month, but then can spend that credit on Google Play for example, how do 3 make their money?

I just switched my mother over to 3 prepay 20. Topped up by 20 and now can see all the bundles in place but the credit has gone back down to 0. Am I missing something? I thought I'd keep the credit?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I just switched my mother over to 3 prepay 20. Topped up by 20 and now can see all the bundles in place but the credit has gone back down to 0. Am I missing something? I thought I'd keep the credit?

No, mentioned in thread already - not for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Why on Earth was this moved?

Yup, it looks like we missed the boat on that one, that deal isn't for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

F1ngers wrote: »
    No, mentioned in thread already - not for new customers.

any indication how long it will last for existing 3 customers - where they get to keep the 20euros credit? hope it lasts past the next top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

any indication how long it will last for existing 3 customers - where they get to keep the 20euros credit? hope it lasts past the next top up.

until you leave them...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anyone else having issues using 3 billing this evening?

my3 actually isn't working either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Raoul wrote:
    Anyone else having issues using 3 billing this evening?

Both worked fine on my end

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Is 3 billing what I choose when I want to pay for something on the app store?

Never used my credit for anything, looking to make use today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Is 3 billing what I choose when I want to pay for something on the app store?

Never used my credit for anything, looking to make use today.

Yep.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement