Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

GinSoaked wrote: »
    ROTF, this is three they are not there to help only take your money.

I have come across this happening and three don't care, your top up fails or is late and you end up loosing all your balance (if you haven't already spent it :D) and three won't do anything.
    I managed to get credit back eventually when a top up failed to go through on their site. I had a linked card auto top up set every 28 days, it failed no issue with card. After a few weeks of arguing I got the credit back I think it was about 80-100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Raoul wrote: »
    That's where my credit went. Been with three year and years and previously when my 28 days run out, I get a message saying please sign in or something when I try to use data outside of the bundle. Extremely pissed off about this. Now I will have to set a reminder for every 28 days after I top up. :mad::mad:

You can set up an automated top up, every 28 days mine comes out of my bank account automatically. Means I don't have to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

ROTF, this is three they are not there to help only take your money.

I have come across this happening and three don't care, your top up fails or is late and you end up loosing all your balance (if you haven't already spent it :D) and three won't do anything.

I've had an automated top-up fail with three and I got my balance refunded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

I've had an automated top-up fail with three and I got my balance refunded.

First part, it failed - why would it if three's systems were up to scratch? Second you had to spend your time sorting out a problem because three's systems failed. Third, three know that their systems fail and leave the customer out of pocket but they do nothing to check and sort the problem out themselves without the customer calling.
    Glad you got your money back, I know it can be done but its also a lottery occasionally its an easy pleasant transaction other times you'd think that you were trying to rob three rather than get your credit back for their mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

First part, it failed - why would it if three's systems were up to scratch? Second you had to spend your time sorting out a problem because three's systems failed. Third, three know that their systems fail and leave the customer out of pocket but they do nothing to check and sort the problem out themselves without the customer calling.
    Glad you got your money back, I know it can be done but its also a lottery occasionally its an easy pleasant transaction other times you'd think that you were trying to rob three rather than get your credit back for their mistake.

**** happens sometimes. Three refunded me without argument.

• Advertisement

**** happens sometimes. Three refunded me without argument.

I haven't had to deal with them for a couple of years and it might have changed but three doesn't seem to change much. The swap over to their "new" My3 front end system is a classic example - they can't even get the login to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Genghis

Has Vodafone removed carrier billing for any plan? It seems in Google Pay to appear 'unavailable' to me, last payment was late Feb, Google sent a mail about Vodafone declining a payment on 19 Mar.

I deleted Vodafone as payment method on Google Pay, but now can't add it back, Google Pay only offers to add cards, it's like carrier billing is not an option.

Anyone else have this problem?

I am on the €20 top up with 15Gb data, unlimited texts, which I think is a variation of some Student plan (my plan is the one a lot of boardsies availed of about 2 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

If anybody would like to donate to Pieta House via some of your credit, Here is the details from their site.

https://www.pieta.ie/support-our-work/donate/
    Weekly Donation:

To make a weekly donation of €2 to Pieta text SUPPORT to 50300. This is a subscription service. Texts cost €2. Pieta will receive a minimum of €1.80 per text.

Once Off Donations:

To donate once off €2 text PIETA to 50300. Text costs €2. Pieta will receive a minimum of €1.80.

To donate once off €4 text PH4 to 50300. Text costs €4. Pieta will receive a minimum of €3.60.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Genghis

Got sorted via Vodafone support re issue with Vodafone payment type. Will take the opportunity to say their support was very good (so often you hear them being slated, I had low expectations).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Putting together a list of where to spend your excess credit, especially for those on Three whereby your 20e are accumulating over the months. Will add to the list as required:

Firstly there are a wide range of charities that accept text donations:
    https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

Or via the Alchemy App:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.colmcoughlan.colm.alchemy

Play Store (Android):
    - Premium Apps & In-app purchases
    - Movies
    - Books (via Play Books app)

Services & Subscriptions:

- Google Play Music
    - Deezer
    - Dropbox
    - Office 365 (via Onedrive app)
    - Donedeal Adverts
    - Parking via ParkingTag App
    - UFC Fightpass Subsscription
    - Sky Sports Mobile

In app purchases worth a mention:
    -Hearthstone
    - Ultimate Rugby

Text Competitions
    - RTÉ Shows (Eg. Late late)

Babestation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,627 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Babestation

That used to be free on my UK Freesat receiver... Sigh those were the days :/

mrcheez wrote: »
    That used to be free on my UK Freesat receiver... Sigh those were the days :/

I have been reliably informed by someone that would know (a friend) that its still free :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I have been reliably informed by someone that would know (a friend) that its still free :pac:

It's not on freesat anymore, my adult section on freesat is now empty. Possibly still on sky?

My brother stuck it on late one night in the kitchen while I was cooking and left the room.... Mother wakes up to find out what the racket was and here was me cooking and a woman flaunting it on TV, how was I supposed to explain that?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

I've seen a few films on sale on the Google Play Store for very good prices today:

Borat
    There's Something About Mary
    The Waterboy

All €3.99 each in HD. Could be more as well but they're the only ones I've seen at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

I've heard rumours of people getting an extra tenner a month in credit on 3. Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've heard rumours of people getting an extra tenner a month in credit on 3. Is this true?

I did!

sweetie wrote: »
    I did!

Any t&cs? Can you use on a premium number say?

sweetie wrote: »
    I did!

Me too

But lost it again at the end of the month :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hey All,

I'm curious, if you are topping up a 3 account with €20 credit a month, but then can spend that credit on Google Play for example, how do 3 make their money?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any t&cs? Can you use on a premium number say?

no idea, i spent on charity and bukes

1huge1 wrote: »
    Hey All,

I'm curious, if you are topping up a 3 account with €20 credit a month, but then can spend that credit on Google Play for example, how do 3 make their money?

They make there money on all the people that don't spend their credit before the end of the month :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Coingate still the go to? Using it up to a year now but haven't checked for alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

They make there money on all the people that don't spend their credit before the end of the month :pac:

And €1 per mb for those outside their package!!!

KilOit wrote: »
    Coingate still the go to? Using it up to a year now but haven't checked for alternatives

Seems to be

I switched to 3 with one of my numbers last year, when they were running a bonus €10/month promotion. I never topped up the number, but they kept adding the €10 credit every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

dmn22 wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up.
    Would it help to suggest Bridge of Spies is well worth watching if you haven't seen it already and its in the sale.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Me too

But lost it again at the end of the month :(
    Got email in January €10 for 12 months, didn't seem to come this month post the update - contacted support and they added it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Thanks, it just seems a bit crazy. I am bill pay with 3, the sim only plan costs me €30 a month for unlimited everything.

I also buy google music and youtube premium, this seems like a no brainer to switch to the top up plan. Phone, youtube and google music for €20 vs the almost €50 I am paying now.

It just seems too good to be true.

Advertisement