Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Tippgirl74 wrote: »
    I have read back through multiple pages but still not found the answer. I have about 300e in Tesco credit built up. Is there anything to spend it on?

The only thing I can think of is to give it to Charity - https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

Tesco doesn't support spending your credit any other ways, unless someone else here can correct me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tippgirl74 wrote: »
    I have read back through multiple pages but still not found the answer. I have about 300e in Tesco credit built up. Is there anything to spend it on?

As Tyson619 mentioned below there is plenty of charities that you could donate to. Carrier billing isn't supported so the only other things you can spend it on a text comps or add-ons. Perhaps a combination of a few of these would pay for a few months by themselves.

https://www.tescomobile.ie/prepay-add-ons.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Tippgirl74

DopeTech wrote: »
    As Tyson619 mentioned below there is plenty of charities that you could donate to. Carrier billing isn't supported so the only other things you can spend it on a text comps or add-ons. Perhaps a combination of a few of these would pay for a few months by themselves.

https://www.tescomobile.ie/prepay-add-ons.aspx

Thank you for your response and your helpful suggestions. Appreciate it. However, as I understand it the Tesco link that you post relates to add ons...meaning you would still need a monthly top up to ADD ON to? I'm wondering if anyone could clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Thank you for your response and your helpful suggestions. Appreciate it. However, as I understand it the Tesco link that you post relates to add ons...meaning you would still need a monthly top up to ADD ON to? I'm wondering if anyone could clarify?

Add ons can be purchased from existing credit without any further top ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Made my first iOS App Store Purchase today. But after adding "Mobile Phone" as a payment source in the App Store, it still kept showing me Apple Pay as the only payment option when making the purchase (Without the ability to change it to something else.)

Decided to remove Apple Pay and my debt card from my Account settings, then it worked. Anyone have similar issues ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Made my first iOS App Store Purchase today. But after adding "Mobile Phone" as a payment source in the App Store, it still kept showing me Apple Pay as the only payment option when making the purchase (Without the ability to change it to something else.)

Decided to remove Apple Pay and my debt card from my Account settings, then it worked. Anyone have similar issues ?

I had the same problems and could only use the credit when I removed my cards from Apple Pay. I was onto Apple support but they couldn’t figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Matthewh00

You may have to reorder your payment options so Mobile Phone is at the top to pay with your credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Gutted Deezer has been removed from three have been using for years.
    I contacted three and Deezer and it is gone and won't be coming back
    Is Google play music or YouTube better for music?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

gmisk wrote: »

Google play is/will soon be gone.
    Youtube premium includes youtube music(formally google music).

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

I tried migrating from Spotify.
    They limit you to 10 new playlists a day so I couldn't copy all my existing ones. I had probably 100 on Spotify. There's scripts to do it but they max out at 10 in 24 hours and I had no idea which I had copied already and which not. I gave up in the end. Scripts also finds weird matches or the songs weren't the same mix or miss tunes I really liked.
    It's mixed in with YouTube videos also which is annoying as it suggests music videos in your normal YouTube playlists based off interests and usually when I go to YouTube it's for visual not audio

What I did like was music radio worked awesome as I found some great new artists as I guess it has different algos to Spotify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

F1ngers wrote: »
    Google play is/will soon be gone.
    Youtube premium includes youtube music(formally google music).

You can just subscribe to YT Music for a slightly cheaper price. YT Music is €9.99 per month. YT Premium is €11.99 per month. For the extra €2 per month you get Ad-free YouTube, background watching, and downloadable videos for offline watching.

Personally I just subscribe to Music. I don't spend enough time on YT to warrant spending the extra on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Danger781 wrote: »
    Personally I just subscribe to Music. I don't spend enough time on YT to warrant spending the extra on it.

Have a free month to premium and can see myself doing the same, I hardly use yt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I only just realised this. Dont even think I got any notification, subscription just cancelled after my last payment in mid June. I was wondering why I was getting ads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Your inbox is full. I would like to send you a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Edit:sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

Had the dreaded text of credit is low, knowing 79 or so credit there, waiting on the generic up to you hard cheese reply off their forum

Shame you cant get big things, like im paying onedrive at E7 a month, if I could have, I would have paid the E65 or so a year with the credit

DopeTech wrote: »
    Your inbox is full. I would like to send you a message.
    Hey sorry only seeing this.
    I deleted some messages.
    I went with YouTube music tbh and no issues so far

I only just realised this. Dont even think I got any notification, subscription just cancelled after my last payment in mid June. I was wondering why I was getting ads
    Yep I was same no notice
    I am on YouTube music it's grand so far, it's quite fun watching music videos for a change as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Can anyone confirm or deny whether you can set up the Google Play family Library and still use your credit to pay for things? The last time I tried (a couple of years ago) I lost the ability to pay for things with my credit, so I panicked and deleted the family group thing, then readded my mobile billing back.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Can anyone confirm or deny whether you can set up the Google Play family Library and still use your credit to pay for things? The last time I tried (a couple of years ago) I lost the ability to pay for things with my credit, so I panicked and deleted the family group thing, then readded my mobile billing back.

Yeah, my family uses loads of stuff I've paid for with credit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, my family uses loads of stuff I've paid for with credit

Cheers, I'll give it another go.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's still the same.

While you can still add the mobile payment to buy things, only existing content or things you've bought with the family payment method (CC) get added to the family library and anything you buy going forward with credit is just on your account.

Only thing I'm able to share going forward was music sub.

Varik wrote: »
    It's still the same.

While you can still add the mobile payment to buy things, only existing content or things you've bought with the family payment method (CC) get added to the family library and anything you buy going forward with credit is just on your account.

Only thing I'm able to share going forward was music sub.

That's weird. My family payment method is my debit card, but I just purchased something using credit and it was immediately added to my family library.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jeffk wrote: »
    Had the dreaded text of credit is low, knowing 79 or so credit there, waiting on the generic up to you hard cheese reply off their forum

Shame you cant get big things, like im paying onedrive at E7 a month, if I could have, I would have paid the E65 or so a year with the credit
    Yeah, it's pot luck on whether something you want can be bought via carrier billing. Am lucky in that I was able to use up the guts of €100 in excess credit on EastWest mapping in the post few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, it's pot luck on whether something you want can be bought via carrier billing. Am lucky in that I was able to use up the guts of €100 in excess credit on EastWest mapping in the post few months.

Handy when you can do something like that, you can enjoy it more as free

Seriously rethinking 3 after this, data speeds aren't something to write home about.

Biggest thing is no going back with 3 new deals taking your credit

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jeffk wrote: »

Yeah, it's pot luck on whether something you want can be bought via carrier billing. Am lucky in that I was able to use up the guts of €100 in excess credit on EastWest mapping in the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

National treasure, National Treasure- book of secrets and the sorcerer's apprentice are each in the films for under €5 in play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Is YouTube subscription now gone from 3 Credit? Just got a failed payment e-mail from YouTube.

recyclebin wrote: »
    Is YouTube subscription now gone from 3 Credit? Just got a failed payment e-mail from YouTube.

What's your credit balance at? A lot of people have had their credit cleared out without realising, leading to a failed payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Had my credit balance cleared out over the weekend despite having mobile data turned off all the time. €2.02 taken off the balance precisely every 2 hours until it was whittled down to zero. 3 support were of very little help.

Advertisement