Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleven Sports - Down to La Liga - hands back Serie A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

irishfeen wrote: »
    The problem is apart from the big games including possibly the top 4 teams in both leagues there probably wouldn’t be much of an audience for ITV or C4.

I don’t know about people in general but I generally watch any premier league game on tv and often championship game too. I would watch a bottom of the table premier league game ahead of an el Classico to be honest as it’s the league I follow similar with champs league I watch the my team (Liverpool) but if they are or not in it I lose interest bar maybe the semi final and final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

wadacrack wrote: »
    Would be better if both return to Sky/BT

What's people's big problem with VM Sport? Do you think BT and Sky are free?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Patww79 wrote: »

I'd say it's the price or specifically the content available for the price.

Plus people are more likely to have a sky or BT sub & would like as much as possible to be included on it. Even if they'll only watch it occasionally.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I think it has a number of key problems.

1. It’s only available on VM, or with a VM TV Anywhere subscription that costs €20 a month.

2. It has no exclusive content. Nothing. Every single thing it has is either available from BT or Sky, or the nature of the contract with the rights holder means that VM are required to also broadcast it on a FTA channel.

3. What content it does have is so limited that the channel only broadcasts live content for a few hours each day and there are entire days with no live content. Now it’s true that most sports events take place in prime time and weekends, but it’s really noticeable with VM Sport because, UEFA international football aside, they’ve practically no rights at weekends.

• Advertisement

VM show very little for what you pay, where as sky especially show a lot of sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

It's not available in my area. The sooner their VMSport channels go the same way as Eleven the better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Virgin Media Sport channels may as well shut down for the next two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anymore updates on this? Just want them to feck off at this stage

The latest I see is

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/eleven-sports-annual-pass-scrapped-3641002

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Headshot wrote: »
    Anymore updates on this? Just want them to feck off at this stage

The latest I see is

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/eleven-sports-annual-pass-scrapped-3641002

Maybe Eleven Sports Uk Wont exist next year???

• Advertisement

Eleven gives up Serie A - moving to Premier Sports.

https://www.premiersports.com/football/serie-a-on-premier-sports.html

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

icdg wrote: »
    Eleven gives up Serie A - moving to Premier Sports.

https://www.premiersports.com/football/serie-a-on-premier-sports.html

And the end game is nearing with full withdrawal from UK/I market.
    Spanish league back to Sky or BT I would say is very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

Got an email from Eleven sport

We are writing to inform you of some upcoming changes to your service.

Regrettably, Serie A, Eredivisie, and Allsvenskan will no longer be available to our subscribers in the UK and Ireland. This follows an amicable agreement to end our partnership with IMG, the agency that manages these rights. The final round of Serie A fixtures on Eleven Sports will be on 25th February 2019.

However, we are pleased to be able to continue to serve fans with leading action from LaLiga, including El Clasico on Saturday 2nd March and an exciting conclusion to one of the most competitive LaLiga seasons in recent memory

Please see below for more information on how your Subscription Pass may be changed.

Monthly Pass Customers

We are automatically lowering the price of a Monthly Pass for existing and new subscribers to £4.99 (€5.99) from 1st March 2019. This means that fans can watch EVERY LaLiga match on ELEVEN SPORTS for less than £5 (€6) a month.

We hope you choose to stay and enjoy the action with us on Eleven Sports. However, as per existing terms, you are entitled to cancel your monthly subscription at any point. You can do so by following the cancellation steps below.

Annual Pass Customers

As an Annual Pass customer you have the opportunity to change your Subscription Pass.

There's lots of exciting live action coming up in LaLiga over the next few months. However, customers who want to cancel can get in touch with Customer Service. We will deal with refund requests on a case by case basis.

If you want to stay with the service to continue enjoying all the exciting LaLiga action, but you wish to change your price plan to the new monthly rate, please get in touch with Customer Service to discuss a refund on your Annual Pass.

Exclusive offer for Eleven Sports Subscribers

To help make this a seamless and cost-effective process for Serie A fans, we have agreed an exclusive offer with Premier Sports for Eleven Sports Subscribers.
    Subscribe to Premier Sports at a reduced rate of £5.99 per month with the first month free. Use promo code SERIEA before 31st of March, 2019 at either www.premiersports.com or www.premierplayer.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

Roughly annual pass (from August to May) works out @ €6 x 10 months?
    so asking for a refund will be getting 3 x 5.99 back (March, April, May) and have to pay £5.99 a month on Premier Sport

I may move all the eir/Premier Sports stuff over to the eir Sport thread later today and, after that, we might keep this thread for discussing what’s left of Eleven Sports (La Liga TV?). In that vein, various news sources are reporting that separately, La Liga and Eleven have renegotiated their deal. Presumably this involves a lower payment, but more interestingly the deal now ends this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Would La Liga not be better off to do a deal with freeview/freesat in the uk and have a free to air channel, with the ad revenue covering cost?

It’s rarely better to turn down a nice fat cheque than to take all the costs and risks of setting up your own channel. La Liga’s business is running a sporting compettion in Spain, not a broadcaster in the UK.

My view is that the La Liga aspect of this deal is about Eleven saving face with La Liga so as to continue their relationship with them in other markets. Meanwhile they’ll run the UK operation on the revised terms until the end of May then close up shop and Sky, BT, or maybe Premier will take the rights next year. Only speculation on my part of course.

Eleven Sports subscribers are venting their frustration on Eleven Sports Facebook page.

Those who forked out for the season pass want a partial refund.

I presume they will cease operations at the end of the Spanish Football season?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Would La Liga not be better off to do a deal with freeview/freesat in the uk and have a free to air channel, with the ad revenue covering cost?

Interesting to note that La Liga TV is no longer on the Eleven Sports website - an article linked on Digital Spy forums suggests they are indeed planning to go direct to consumers:

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/la-liga-tv-rebrand-sponsorship-revenue-tebas#.XFMvEb1_wuU.twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Did Eleven Sports collapse or what happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    Did Eleven Sports collapse or what happened?

Didn't attract the subscriber numbers predicted, principally due to the lack of a TV platform deal.

Didn't attract the subscriber numbers predicted, principally due to the lack of a TV platform deal.

Yeah I was considering buying it for the UFC but didn't because of it not being on the telly. Glad to see it back on BT sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Yikes, so if you still want to watch Serie A:

- UK viewers can sign up for an online premiere sports account.
    - IE customers, only way is to get a minimum 12 month contract for ~100 / month with a broadband/TV provider

Yet, that's what people here wanted too, so I guess we deserve it.

Hopefully sometime in the future someone with a better plan than eleven sports had will free us from this SKY/Eir/Virgin stranglehold. I don't need dedicated tv channels for my sport, definitely not with ridiculous terms and forced bundles.

snowblind wrote: »
    Yikes, so if you still want to watch Serie A:

- UK viewers can sign up for an online premiere sports account.
    - IE customers, only way is to get a minimum 12 month contract for ~100 / month with a broadband/TV provider

Yet, that's what people here wanted too, so I guess we deserve it.

Hopefully sometime in the future someone with a better plan than eleven sports had will free us from this SKY/Eir/Virgin stranglehold. I don't need dedicated tv channels for my sport, definitely not with ridiculous terms and forced bundles.

You can get Eir Sport on its own for 225€ but the 45€/month for Sky Sports is ridiculous. BT/Eir sport has all the sport I watch except NFL and the prem. I'm sad that Eleven Sports flopped. As i said I would have signed up for it if it was on the telly.

-
    You can get Eir Sport on its own for 225€ but the 45€/month for Sky Sports is ridiculous. BT/Eir sport has all the sport I watch except NFL and the prem. I'm sad that Eleven Sports flopped. As i said I would have signed up for it if it was on the telly.
    225?
    Anyways, I have broadband already provided by landlord. Eir Sport is only available for people who buy their broadband

- Why don't I get sports channels bundled with my health insurance? Makes as much sense.

. Eir Sport is only available for people who buy their broadband.

Not at all true.As noted above it’s oossible to subscribe to eir Sport on satellite (Sky digital equipment and viewing card required) for €29.99pm or €299 per year. (I personally would not take the annual pass option until after the content of the package post 1st August 2019, when the BT Sport channels are due to leave, is clarified). It’s also available to all eir vision subscribers. Eir Sport 1 is available to all Vodafone TV subscribers and the other channels for €25 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

I'm sad that Eleven Sports flopped.

I'm not. Yesterday was the first day since May I was able to watch Serie A games on my TV.
    I'm already an Eir/BT customer for Bundesliga & Champs/Europa League so getting Serie A back was an added bonus.

I bet the owner of Eleven Sports will no doubt blame the illegal streams for the demise of Eleven Sports UK.

If they did a Tv distribution deal with Virgin & Sky they would have got more subscribers.

icdg wrote: »
    Not at all true.As noted above it’s oossible to subscribe to eir Sport on satellite (Sky digital equipment and viewing card required) for €29.99pm or €299 per year. (I personally would not take the annual pass option until after the content of the package post 1st August 2019, when the BT Sport channels are due to leave, is clarified). It’s also available to all eir vision subscribers. Eir Sport 1 is available to all Vodafone TV subscribers and the other channels for €25 per month.

Well I also don't have the option of setting up a dish.

TV can use the same tube all my other data. And it will, but it's just gonna be a slower change. Netflix et al are years ahead

• Advertisement

mikeym wrote: »
    I bet the owner of Eleven Sports will no doubt blame the illegal streams for the demise of Eleven Sports UK.

If they did a Tv distribution deal with Virgin & Sky they would have got more subscribers.

I feel like Virgin & Sky don't want to play with other parties who also stream online, because it undermines their platform & pricing structure. They succeeded.

Advertisement