Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleven Sports - Down to La Liga - hands back Serie A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alan.p22

Just to add that you dont need to subscribe to sky digital to get the bt/eir pack.Use the box as a fta box and pay your bt/eir subscription as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

alan.p22 wrote: »
    Just to add that you dont need to subscribe to sky digital to get the bt/eir pack.Use the box as a fta box and pay your bt/eir subscription as normal

You do need the phone/broadband package. Broadband only won't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You do need the phone/broadband package. Broadband only won't do.

I read this as phone only won't do but broadband only will

https://www.eir.ie/sport/eir-customers/

eir_sport.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I read this as phone only won't do but broadband only will

You're probably right, they increased the bb price by around 5/pm when they started offering the eir sport pack 'free' along with it

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alan.p22

Depends on what you watch. If you're a rugby fan it is decent value. The problem is having to pay the sky charge under it.

I am wondering if we will see BT launch its channels on freesat at some stage. A lot of people would happily pay €230 a year if they didn't have to pay the €6/700 p/y to sky for channels that are free to air.

Sorry what i meant was you dont need to subscribe to sky to use a sky box for the bt/eir pack

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Maybe we can keep this thread for Eleven Sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

According to wikipedia Sports broadcasting contracts in the UK
    The Welsh language channel S4C has highlights for La Liga.

I am not sure if that is still the case, or even when it used to be the case, that it was any more than a short package on a programme that carries coverage of multiple European leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Will be hard for both Sky and BT to fill there weekends with live sport now, Saturday and Sunday nights were both taken up with Live Spanish and Italian football , I still cannot see how they can justify their prices when particuarly Sky have lost lots of sport, Tennis going next year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

Yes looks like sky are putting all their eggs in the English league basket and hoping F1 and higher profile bits and pieces (golf) keep them going.
    It does look they had minimal interest in Spanish and Italian rights, when they were outbid by virtual nobodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

All sports channels are getting worse yet prices are ever increasing. It is no wonder so many people stream illegally

lertsnim wrote: »
    All sports channels are getting worse yet prices are ever increasing. It is no wonder so many people stream illegally

Unfortunately not everyone has the option of streaming. Living out in the shticks I don't have the patience to watch a poor quality stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Will Eleven Sports be showing matches during the 3 O Clock blackout?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

It's a good question but they won't be allowed to in the UK anyway. So could be a test of their Irish commitment, especially since the classico has taken place in that spot more than once in recent years.

I would be surprised if there’s any difference between their UK & Irish offering tbh, certainly not in the two linear channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,583 ✭✭✭Zardoz

fman wrote: »
    Yes looks like sky are putting all their eggs in the English league basket and hoping F1 and higher profile bits and pieces (golf) keep them going.
    It does look they had minimal interest in Spanish and Italian rights, when they were outbid by virtual nobodies.

Does anyone watch F1 these days ,its extremely boring and predictable .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Zardoz wrote: »

When F1 was live on RTÉ I used to watch almost every single GP but since then it’s just not the same - haven’t watched a full GP in years.

There's still a few of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Eleven Sports
    @ElevenSportsHQ
    56m56 minutes ago

That now makes it 5️⃣ top flight domestic leagues LIVE and EXCLUSIVE on ELEVEN SPORTS in the UK and Ireland…

���� LaLiga ✅
    ���� Serie A ✅
    ���� Eredivisie ✅
    ���� Chinese Super League ✅
    ���� Allsvenskan ✅

wadacrack wrote: »
    Eleven Sports
    @ElevenSportsHQ
    56m56 minutes ago

That now makes it 5️⃣ top flight domestic leagues LIVE and EXCLUSIVE on ELEVEN SPORTS in the UK and Ireland…

���� LaLiga ✅
    ���� Serie A ✅
    ���� Eredivisie ✅
    ���� Chinese Super League ✅
    ���� Allsvenskan ✅

Two more leagues gone from Sky. The CSL is rubbish though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Could advertising alone support a channel like this on Freesat I wonder? The fact it'd be a FTA channel offering good sports could attract a decent audience... Or is this destined to be online only with a sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

dulpit wrote: »
    Could advertising alone support a channel like this on Freesat I wonder? The fact it'd be a FTA channel offering good sports could attract a decent audience... Or is this destined to be online only with a sub?

- You won't be getting it for FREE!

No, that’s not the model they are aiming at. I can’t see either the Chinese or Swedish League having much appeal - I guess the idea is to build a proposition around European football rights - if they captured the Bundesliga and Portuguese Primera Liga too then then they might have an overall collection of European football that might look enticing to some football fans. But I can see it being a minority proposition at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

A page of Eleven Sports FAQs - free registration has been live since Monday:

http://elevensports.com/territories/uk-ireland/uk-ireland-faqs/

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Dam right I do watch practice 1,2,3 quali and full race in glorious 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,370 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They are now taking the UK and Ireland rights to the UFC off BT from 2019.

Also some of the big events will go PPV so they can **** right off if they will show only some events as part of the subscription and then charge extra for some PPV's.

That then is that “fight sports” announcement they alluded to in the initial press release.

The PPV model is what they use in the States to be fair, so it’s understandable that they’d want to go down that road - presumably they thought it wasn’t well known enough over here until now.

icdg wrote: »
    That then is that “fight sports” announcement they alluded to in the initial press release.

The PPV model is what they use in the States to be fair, so it’s understandable that they’d want to go down that road - presumably they thought it wasn’t well known enough over here until now.

The PPV model in the states doesn't have UFC events starting at 3am. You can't compare them.

• Advertisement

Advertisement