Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Neo (eGolf replacement)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is it for pedestrians to bounce them over the car or something.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can't unsee it now

Fiat-Multipla-680x510.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vidukasp

Here’s the electric Volkswagen ID.3 stripped of camouflage.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/heres-electric-volkswagen-id3-stripped-camouflage

vw_id3_rearquarter.jpg?itok=tC6AXXry

vw_id3_frontquarter.jpg?itok=Zpsr1Ony

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

I'm really not a fan of that black part below the windscreen. Even if it body coloured it wouldn't be too bad.

It's got potential, looks good from the back and sides, 20 inch rims are the business, sporty front bumper would set it off.

Do we have a name for the black part yet, the brow? What's it do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's a bit bland. Conservative looking. In other words just like any other Volkswagen. It will sell well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

vidukasp wrote: »
    Here’s the electric Volkswagen ID.3 stripped of camouflage.

You're aware that this is just a Photoship of what Top Gear think it will look like?

Bild did the same thing recently too.

I'm sure it's not far off, based on the camo car, but the detail won't be there.

Every time I see the bags under windscreen, it turns me off. The Seat El Born looks much better without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

If that’s what it ends up looking like I think il stick to the egolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭FaganJr

I like it with the exception to the graphics on the rear quarter panel, I know this may never be seen on one of these, but overall its a winner for me!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The back looks very similar to the Seat El-Born concept they showed in Geneva.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The back looks very similar to the Seat El-Born concept they showed in Geneva.

Not trying to be a smart arse or anything

But people do realise the El-born is the ID with a Seat badge on it. When it does get released I would guess the minimal will be done to the exterior and the interior will have some differences

You're aware that this is just a Photoship of what Top Gear think it will look like?

They stripped the camoflage graphics back using Photoshop, it's not a made up image. There's a difference.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Not trying to be a smart arse or anything

But people do realise the El-born is the ID with a Seat badge on it. When it does get released I would guess the minimal will be done to the exterior and the interior will have some differences

Yes I'm well aware of that.

They stripped the camoflage graphics back using Photoshop, it's not a made up image. There's a difference.

It's not made up like the stuff you see from Tesla fanboys but not the finished article either.

Putting it bluntly it looks like a Golf but more modern. Lets say the combustion engine Golf if it was still going in 2025 would probably look similar....

Personally I like it, but that's no surprise. Really the outside is minor. I dont sit in the outside, the interior will be make or breakb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭creedp

It's not made up like the stuff you see from Tesla fanboys but not the finished article either.

Putting it bluntly it looks like a Golf but more modern. Lets say the combustion engine Golf if it was still going in 2025 would probably look similar....

Personally I like it, but that's no surprise. Really the outside is minor. I dont sit in the outside, the interior will be make or breakb

Doubt it as it would be too radical a change for the evolutionary Golf .. maybe what the Golf wold look like by 2035!!!

creedp wrote: »
    Doubt it as it would be too radical a change for the evolutionary Golf .. maybe what the Golf wold look like by 2035!!!

I keep forgetting it is nearly 2020 :p

VW Golf mk10 maybe would be similar

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

They were my thoughts exactly.

Yes it's a Photoshop of what VW have allowed us to see so far. Which is why I said it wouldn't be far off, but details like the camera at the top of the screen are just blank, what else is?

My local dealer seems to think that the bags under the eyes might be just to cover some of the tech that the Seat won't have, so just more camo. I hope he's right. He's seen the car in the flesh, but he's guessing as much as we all are. Top Gear and Bild included.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

There’s a new clip here that shows the HUD. also, says on the website that the wheels are 18”. I knew 20s were too good to be true.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/e-mobility/en/id-family/id.html

All models of the first edition are getting 20's...

• Advertisement

CFC007 wrote: »
    There’s a new clip here that shows the HUD. also, says on the website that the wheels are 18”. I knew 20s were too good to be true.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/e-mobility/en/id-family/id.html

The first video shows the digital dash. Which one has the HUD in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Apologies I meant the digital dash.
    The first video shows the digital dash. Which one has the HUD in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

CFC007 wrote: »
    Apologies I meant the digital dash.

The quick shot of the digital dash (and control stalk) looks to me to be pretty much identical to published photos of the Seat el-born dash area, even down to the hexagonal shape of the dash.
    So I would hazard a guess that the rest of the ID3 cockpit area will be pretty much as per the el-born concept.
    Incidentally, the el-born doesn't have the same 'tache below the front windscreen that the ID seems to be sporting. If Seat can get the production car looking close to the concept then Seat could be on to a winner. Pity that VW will almost definitely delay the Seat release until after the ID sales are well underway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Fitz2011

pdpmur wrote: »
    The quick shot of the digital dash (and control stalk) looks to me to be pretty much identical to published photos of the Seat el-born dash area, even down to the hexagonal shape of the dash.
    So I would hazard a guess that the rest of the ID3 cockpit area will be pretty much as per the el-born concept.
    Incidentally, the el-born doesn't have the same 'tache below the front windscreen that the ID seems to be sporting. If Seat can get the production car looking close to the concept then Seat could be on to a winner. Pity that VW will almost definitely delay the Seat release until after the ID sales are well underway.
    I was talking with a Seat dealer about it. He says order books open next summer for delivery January 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭paddy1976

Hi lads - Paddy Comyn here again from Volkswagen - just want to check in with you guys again about maybe getting some of you to try the ID.3 nice and early....

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭FaganJr

paddy1976 wrote:
    Hi lads - Paddy Comyn here again from Volkswagen - just want to check in with you guys again about maybe getting some of you to try the ID.3 nice and early....

How do we do that Paddy??

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭paddy1976

I will chat to Unkel about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭eagerv

paddy1976 wrote: »

Would love to...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Tempted by an ID3, will wait Till they hit the roads here first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭rx8

paddy1976 wrote: »

That would be great Paddy, can't wait for my car to arrive. I've ordered the 1st Plus. How do I sign up?

Advertisement