Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Neo (eGolf replacement)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭eagerv

I would hope that we will at least get the middle (Plus) pack for initial orders.

I also am prepared to be disappointed..

Would make sense from VW to put out an early good looking car with big wheels and two colour paint and let us do the advertising..:)

I think he did mention that all the packs would be getting the larger wheels.
    Wonder what size they are? Look about the same size as the 20" on the new Renault Scenic?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

not sure if this has been said or not but my understanding was the 1st edition would be available in 3 specs, starting (key word) at less than 40k in Germany.

therefore that is base spec less seai grant of 35k for the base 1st edition. if we get the middle trim that could be 40k, with max at 45k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

They probably couldn't do the highest spec for the UK because of their be tax rules for cars 40k and over.
    We don't have that so no probs in putting the highest spec for Ireland .

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,099 ✭✭✭✭unkel

80sDiesel wrote: »
    They probably couldn't do the highest spec for the UK because of their be tax rules for cars 40k and over.
    We don't have that so no probs in putting the highest spec for Ireland .

I reckon it would be a bit of a problem. Who in Ireland is willing to pay more than €40k or what is essentially the next EV Golf? I wouldn't. That's Tesla Model 3 / Model Y money (or almost). Far more desirable cars imho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ainsyjnr wrote: »
    not sure if this has been said or not but my understanding was the 1st edition would be available in 3 specs, starting (key word) at less than 40k in Germany.

Thats a good point. Is the €40k a starting price for the base trim of the 1st edition in which case it would be more here since we are getting a higher trim, so I think you are right.

We'll ultimately have to wait until Sept to find out. It wont be cheap anyway!

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    I reckon it would be a bit of a problem. Who in Ireland is willing to pay more than €40k or what is essentially the next EV Golf? I wouldn't. That's Tesla Model 3 / Model Y money (or almost). Far more desirable cars imho

A Golf GTD is €45k!
    I'd say most diesel Golf drivers are paying in or around €30-35k. They'll still be able to buy the ID.3 for that money just not the spec of a 1st edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

unkel wrote: »

Agree

I have asked for my deposit back

Waste of my time this 1st edition

I'm not paying 40k for the next eGolf, that's Tesla money or a seriously good ICE

Will have another look when sub 30k versions are out

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's not going to be 40k after grants and vrt. Hold tight until September at least. Your preorder could be worth something by then.

It's not going to be 40k after grants and vrt.

Its going to be close to it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

It's not going to be 40k after grants and vrt. Hold tight until September at least. Your preorder could be worth something by then.

Kcross and Unkel are usually spot on with these things, I'd go with those price estimates

Don't think my deposit will be worth anything

Market for a 40k electric Golf won't be big here I would imagine

Can get a nice diesel Seat Leon for 25k, which I prefer looks wise to the ID anyways

• Advertisement

It won't be big anywhere if it's priced between a GTI and R...

40k is the limited edition, less grants, brings it on at slightly less than 31k.
    If you can get it through a company at 0% BIK it'll allow a lot of people to free up cash in their own car.

40k is the limited edition, less grants, brings it on at slightly less than 31k.

How did you calculate that?

I dont think you understand how the grants and VRT work here.

Thought it's 5k grant and reduced vrt, just over 9k in total?

Thought it's 5k grant and reduced vrt, just over 9k in total?

No, its €5k grant. €5k VRT exemption. The VRT is an added tax, not a grant.

The €40k price he quoted has no VRT on it as he was making a european wide statement not an Irish statement. So VRT would be added to his €40k figure but €5k of that would be exempted.

And you then also have to allow for our higher VAT rate
    And then the added confusion over whether that €40k he mentioned was for the lower level trim or the trim we are going to be getting which will add to the price.

The 1st edition wont be a €31k car!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110145669&postcount=1132

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The real truth is that nobody here knows. It's all guesswork. There might be some small leaks, but hard facts won't be known until September, when invitations to order will appear.

The real truth is that nobody here knows. It's all guesswork. There might be some small leaks, but hard facts won't be known until September, when invitations to order will appear.

Its not really all guesswork. He gave Euro figures in his presentation which gives us a very good indication of the price point.

The two prices we have are...

Under €30k for the base entry model which aligns with what they have said all along with it being priced similar to a diesel Golf, which is €27k here.

Under €40k for the 1st edition.

There's no guesswork in those figures. Thats what VW have said.

What we dont know is how much VW Irl will lump on top so we do need to wait for that.

KCross wrote: »
    Its not really all guesswork. He gave Euro figures in his presentation which gives us a very good indication of the price point.

The two prices we have are...

Under €30k for the base entry model which aligns with what they have said all along with it being priced similar to a diesel Golf, which is €27k here.

Under €40k for the 1st edition.

There's no guesswork in those figures. Thats what VW have said.

What we dont know is how much VW Irl will lump on top so we do need to wait for that.
    Yes, but what does under €40k mean? Just under? Well under? €30,001? It's still all just guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yes, but what does under €40k mean? Just under? Well under? €30,001? It's still all just guesswork.

I'd take a guess on the price of the 1st edition as follows...

Stackmann said it would be under €40k before incentives for the 1st edition which will be a high trim mid range battery.

Taking a guess that he means €40k with German VAT @19% convert to our 23% gives €41344.

A small bit of VRT on top since its over €35k adds another €888 to that so €42232 RRP and then subtract the €5k grant gives you €37232 after incentives.... sound about right?

I'm not allowing for VW Ireland to be a*seholes and put an extra grand or two on top of that and obviously "delivery and related charges" then as well.

Doing similar analysis on the entry model, which he said would be under €30k, comes out at... €26k after incentives here... again, not allowing for VW Irl to screw us and delivery and related charges so maybe €2k more is my guess which puts it right at their price point of "diesel golf" (which is €27k OTR in Ireland).

Am I wrong with those figures?

Yoink.

Thats clutching at straws, imo, but fair enough if you think thats going to happen.

I dont think you really believe though that its going to be thousands under what he quoted, when it lands here. :)

They have been consistent with their "diesel golf price" and thats pretty much what the €30k price is turning out to be, so no reason to think his €40k price is any different to calculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭eagerv

As we all know VW charge a lot for higher spec. (5K doesnt buy much)

So for me it depends which spec pack we get for the 40K (Or less)

If its the First Max Spec then I would probably be happy.

• Advertisement

Thats clutching at straws, imo, but fair enough if you think thats going to happen.

I dont think you really believe though that its going to be thousands under what he quoted, when it lands here. :)

They have been consistent with their "diesel golf price" and thats pretty much what the €30k price is turning out to be, so no reason to think his €40k price is any different to calculate.

No, I don't. I may be an optimist, but I'm mainly a realist. :D

My point stands though. It's all guesswork until we get offers to order.

My point stands though. It's all guesswork until we get offers to order.

I agree there is guesswork involved and we need to wait for Sept but if some people think the 1st edition car is going to be €31k OTR I think we should point out the figures that VW have quoted.

It's also possibe that the €40k he quoted is for the max trim. He didnt say "from €40k". He said "under €40k". It could mean either €40k for base trim or €40k for max trim.

So, if you wanted to be an optimist you could say the €40k is for the max trim and we will get the First Plus, which would be cheaper. I dont think its going to move the price that much... a few grand... maybe €35k

If a company is buying an EV can it reclaim the Vat or Vrt?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    VW have never done reservations before so this is all new

The single spec is only for the 1st Edition....

On general release everyone will get the option of the 3 spec's

VW-ID.3-Reveal-44-IQ-Light.png

VW-ID.3-Reveal-46-Augmented-Heads-Up-Display.png

VW-ID.3-Reveal-51-1st-edition-40000-euros.png

So why were they talking about 3 specs for the 1st Edition at the Press Release?

Nothing has been said about restrictions or limiting what individual markets can get for the 1st Edition but yet you are claiming its going to happen with certainty

Dempsey wrote: »
    So why were they talking about 3 specs for the 1st Edition at the Press Release?

There are 3 trim levels for the 1st edition but it appears the UK are only going to import one of those trim levels... looks like Ireland is the same as the Irish VW site says this....

"As a pre-booker you get prioity access to the special ID.3 1ST edition with a choice of colours. No additional features can be added as this is a limited edition high spec launch trim. Other ID.3 models will be available later in 2020 to all customers after the pre-booking priority ordering window closes."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Dempsey wrote: »

Nothing has been said about restrictions or limiting what individual markets can get for the 1st Edition but yet you are claiming its going to happen with certainty

https://www.volkswagen.ie/e-mobility/en/id-family/id/faq.html

As a pre-booker you get prioity access to the special ID.3 1ST edition with a choice of colours. No additional features can be added as this is a limited edition high spec launch trim. Other ID.3 models will be available later in 2020 to all customers after the pre-booking priority ordering window closes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Things we know: Source: https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/stories/e-mobility-for-all-4960
    For the ID.3, the starting price of the standard model in Germany will be under 30,000 euros, as promised. The special edition will cost less than 40,000 euros in Germany. At these prices, the car is also economically viable. The purchasing costs are slightly higher than those of a combustion vehicle, but the e-vehicle is considerably more economical in terms of maintenance, for example about 30 percent in terms of maintenance. This means electric mobility is becoming available to the masses. In addition, customers can use a state subsidy for electric cars in many countries.
    The ID.3 1ST special edition is available in four colors and three versions. All three come with large rims and extensive equipment:

The ID.3 1ST offers a wide range of convenience features such as voice control and navigation system.
    The ID.3 1ST Plus comes with additional IQ Light and a bi-color design for the interior and exterior.
    Der ID.3 1ST Max is packed full of innovations. Particularly cool features are the augmented reality head-up display in the windshield and the large panoramic glass roof.

It's entirely possible that the ID.3 1ST is 40,000 and the future non 1ST edition is less than 30,000 in Germany or that the ID.3 1ST is less than 30,000 and the ID.3 1ST Max is less than 40,000. We won't really have an answer until September.

As for the Irish spec, the whole FAQ section is word for word with the UK (except deposit currency), so I'm really hoping it's just lazy copywriting and that VW IE will provide a choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

liamog wrote: »
    As for the Irish spec, the whole FAQ section is word for word with the UK (except deposit currency), so I'm really hoping it's just lazy copywriting and that VW IE will provide a choice.

From my reading of all the website the ID.3 was only launched in Europe to 29 countries.

The only RHD countries are UK and Ireland. Whatever the UK decides to do then we will get the same.....

From the looks of it the UK has decided on a single spec so we will get the same

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    From my reading of all the website the ID.3 was only launched in Europe to 29 countries.

The only RHD countries are UK and Ireland. Whatever the UK decides to do then we will get the same.....

From the looks of it the UK has decided on a single spec so we will get the same

I can live in hope, after all, VW IE was able to introduce the eGolf Exec edition so we know they have some autonomy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,204 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Drunkmonkey, Co can claim full cost as an expense, accelerated I think. I presume they can reclaim VAT if registered. They can also claim full running costs as an expense, no BIK issues ATM.

Advertisement