Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Neo (eGolf replacement)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

If a company is buying an EV can it reclaim the Vat or Vrt?

Vat is only on commercial vehicles, but look into company leasing , it's possible to get the VAT of the monthly payment I think, but correct me if wrong

Can't reclaim VRT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

liamog wrote: »
    I can live in hope, after all, VW IE was able to introduce the eGolf Exec edition so we know they have some autonomy.

From a manufacturing point of view it wouldn't make sense to have a seperate production for just 200 RHD cars for Ireland....

Make one production spec for UK/Ireland and fire them out....potentially they could load different software onto the cars but I doubt any hardware would be different

• Registered Users Posts: 28,144 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Water John wrote: »
    Drunkmonkey, Co can claim full cost as an expense, accelerated I think. I presume they can reclaim VAT if registered. They can also claim full running costs as an expense, no BIK issues ATM.

Thanks, hope the bik offer holds, makes this very appealing if I can expense it all.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

The only RHD countries are UK and Ireland. Whatever the UK decides to do then we will get the same.....

Nothing for Malta?

Nothing for Malta?

Have you been to Malta?

They all buy second hand cars in UK and drive them back.....I have family that live over their:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It's entirely possible that the ID.3 1ST is 40,000 and the future non 1ST edition is less than 30,000 in Germany or that the ID.3 1ST is less than 30,000 and the ID.3 1ST Max is less than 40,000. We won't really have an answer until September.

As you see from Dempsey's pics it shows that the ID.3 1st edition "starts below €40,000"

"starts" would suggest that €40k isnt the top price for the 1st edition.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110150753&postcount=1195

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

KCross wrote: »
    As you see from Dempsey's pics it shows that the ID.3 1st edition "starts below €40,000"

"starts" would suggest that €40k isnt the top price for the 1st edition.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110150753&postcount=1195

The max trim level is below 40k

Dempsey wrote: »

Really. Did he say that? Must listen again if he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Dempsey wrote: »

I can't understand the reading of this on here. There are 3 slides showing an increasing level of trim/equipment for the 1st. Then a slide that says that the price for the 1st will "start under 40,000eur" and he says "For the special 1st edition with its larger battery pack and exclusive equipment the target price will still be under 40,000eur". Any reasonable reading of that would mean the lowest of the 3 specs will aim to be 40k. If it was any better than that they would say it, they aren't trying to hide their light under a bushel at a huge launch event like this.

Unless he clarified that at some point during the Q+A session? I haven't watched all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

I contacted VW today for clarification on the trims for 1st edition. There’s only one trim for the 1st edition which they stated is a high spec launch trim and no additional features can be added to the 1st edition. Time will tell if this trim is worth going for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Have you been to Malta?

They all buy second hand cars in UK and drive them back.....I have family that live over their:p

I also have family there. The price of cars is insane.
    You could actually buy up cars here, drive them over there and make good profits!

CFC007 wrote: »
    I contacted VW today for clarification on the trims for 1st edition. There’s only one trim for the 1st edition which they stated is a high spec launch trim and no additional features can be added to the 1st edition. Time will tell if this trim is worth going for.

The whole thing seems very disjointed if that is the case. They do a European launch event that outlines 3 increasing levels of spec for the 1st edition, then local dealers are saying there is only one trim. Such a pity really, it is showing VW in an old light, the light of a company weighted down by their dealer network. If they can't get everyone on the same page for a one-off pre booking launch it doesn't bode well for a smooth rollout of the id range in general.

Phibsboro wrote: »
    I can't understand the reading of this on here. There are 3 slides showing an increasing level of trim/equipment for the 1st. Then a slide that says that the price for the 1st will "start under 40,000eur" and he says "For the special 1st edition with its larger battery pack and exclusive equipment the target price will still be under 40,000eur". Any reasonable reading of that would mean the lowest of the 3 specs will aim to be 40k. If it was any better than that they would say it, they aren't trying to hide their light under a bushel at a huge launch event like this.

Unless he clarified that at some point during the Q+A session? I haven't watched all of that.

That’s my thinking too. If the base level 1st edition was below €35k that’s the figure they’d have up in lights to ensure that’s what the headlines would be saying.

This UK journo who was at the launch event and spoke to the guy seems to think the same as well...
    https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/97043/new-volkswagen-id3-10000-pre-orders-for-all-electric-hatch

Snippet....
    “The UK spec is the middle trim level of the ID.3 1st range of launch models, and VW has only confirmed that the entry point for the more expensive launch line-up will be “less than €40,000 in Germany”. That could mean that the very first batch of ID.3 models to arrive will cost up to £40,000 in the UK - although there’s no confirmation yet on the final figure.“

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Interesting

Deposit holders

Who's going to buy 1st edition if its €40,000?

Shefwedfan are you going to buy it at that price?

Unkel have you got your deposit back yet?

I know your not interested at that price

I think we can all agree we have no idea what the pricing will be....especially when you take into consideration the grants which I have no idea how they work....

I will just wait and see what comes. If it is good I will buy, if not I will take back deposit and probably wait for the Crozz

Over to you VW.....

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭scooby77

I think we can all agree we have no idea what the pricing will be....especially when you take into consideration the grants which I have no idea how they work....

I will just wait and see what comes. If it is good I will buy, if not I will take back deposit and probably wait for the Crozz

Over to you VW.....

Agree. Likewise, or maybe the Skoda Vision iV 😉

scooby77 wrote: »
    Agree. Likewise, or maybe the Skoda Vision iV ��

Vizzion will be 2023 I would expect

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

35k yes 40k no for me

I wonder could you give them the 2,000kWh worth of charging back and give you a few k off the price.....

I wont use it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Realistically I'm not buying the car outright, it all depends on how much support VW give via VW bank, the real killer will be if we find out the Max is available in the general release.

• Advertisement

Realistically I'm not buying the car outright, it all depends on how much support VW give via VW bank, the real killer will be if we find out the Max is available in the general release.

The max will be available in the general release.....

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Staying at under €40k, is €39,999 to anybody.
    If it was any less they would have said, starting ;‚¬39k , €38k or even €35k

So at that money, they are dreaming people would pay that for a medium sized car.

Pity, might have been on the list for my first EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,162 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Who's going to buy 1st edition if its €40,000?

Unkel have you got your deposit back yet?

Not a chance I'll buy it at €40k, but no need to get my deposit back either. We'll see how it pans out.

FaganJr wrote: »
    Staying at under €40k, is €39,999 to anybody.
    If it was any less they would have said, starting @€;39k , €38k or even €35k

So at that money, they are dreaming people would pay that for a medium sized car.

Pity, might have been on the list for my first EV.

You'd think so

Look at the Kona, it's a Dacia with a battery and Hyundai can't keep them in stock

If people think they can save money, they'll pay

If your of the 130,000 considering buying a car in 2020 and you can live with €1k not making any interest until September it's worth a punt. Gives you an option 99.9% of buyers won't have.

Thanks, hope the bik offer holds, makes this very appealing if I can expense it all.

fyi.... if buying through a company you get a reduced grant.... 3800 vs 5000 so add 1200 to the cost of the purchase relative to a private buyer.

And you also cant claim the €600 home charge grant. Private individuals only.

You can utilise the accelerated capital allowance and the VAT.

The BIK incentive is the big one though, which will dwarf both those grants, but just keep it in mind and keep and eye on the budgets... the BIK thing is only committed until Dec 2021, I think... they will probably extend it though unless the cost of it sky rockets.

I don't understand that point. The price is in the slides, the 1st will start at 40k in Germany pre grants. So that means the entry level one will be 40k in Germany. Which would be, what, mid 40's here? If we follow the UK and only offer the mid spec one, then we are up around the 50k eur mark here (which would agree with the autocar article talking about 40k sterling UK pricing).

As for the grants, they are surely understood at this stage? Is there talk of them changing before the id.3 comes out?

In general, given the 64kWh Niro is 47k I'm not sure we were really expecting VW to be pricing it's mid battery offering at much less, let alone a "special edition" specc'ed model.

In general, given the 64kWh Niro is 47k I'm not sure we were really expecting VW to be pricing it's mid battery offering at much less, let alone a "special edition" specc'ed model.

VW will start the race to the bottom

Mike9832 wrote: »
    VW will start the race to the bottom

They might, but they'll fund that race as much as they can by creaming off the fat of the early adopters, just like Tesla.

• Advertisement

They might, but they'll fund that race as much as they can by creaming off the fat of the early adopters, just like Tesla.

Agree

They'll get the eager one's

Advertisement