Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D For Dummies: New Player Dungeon Sign Up Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Sorry DM, been afk all afternoon. Do I need to pick some items?

Im about most week days till around 3pm Irish time

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote: »
    Sorry DM, been afk all afternoon. Do I need to pick some items?

Yeah, 3 items from the list, class rules apply (no armour, but you can pick a fancy robe if you wish).

Just post them on the thread, it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

No need to apologise DM, run it whatever way you need/want to, I'l be there when I can be...

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Ok guys, here's an example of what's coming next:

Aesc's mini-dungeon

Basically we're gonna find out what sort of pace you like to play at.

Some people will be paired, others will tackle their challenges alone.

As it says in the thread, it's also to get people used to how exploring a dungeon works, so take your time.

Other threads will be up tonight, and you can go as fast or as slow through them as you like.

Some of the threads are up, the rest will be later today or early tomorrow:

Stufur and Webby: Painted Faces

Malik and Fector: Hammer and Tongs

Others coming soon :)

• Advertisement

Nice one DM, thanks. Just checking, should we keep up with all the threads? I presume if two characters are in one thread, they're the only ones there, and none of the rest of us know what's happening to them?

jasonb wrote: »
    Nice one DM, thanks. Just checking, should we keep up with all the threads? I presume if two characters are in one thread, they're the only ones there, and none of the rest of us know what's happening to them?

Up to you if you want to follow along, but you have it correct as above.

None of the other characters will know unless they tell each other... IF ye meet up again...

*chortles evilly*

Brutha's thread up: Times of Prayer

Stu Pendous, 9 Lives and Echtrae: Ill Effects

Responses will be sporadic this weekend, can run through a bit on Monday with everyone though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Hi, Join request please. NB: I. Haven't. A. Clue. So, D&D For Dummies for me please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

a quick read of this thread will get you up to speed. Then ask any questions you want. We will need a character sheet from you, and all the info required to make it is here.

Ok, finished for tonight. Again responses will be patchy tomorrow. Around all of Monday so we can get a bit done then.

If folks are available today I'm here till this evening at about 9pm.

Any preference of days to play this week, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Should be ready in about an hour (max 1.5)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm intermittent for a while. Might get an hour 8 to 9ish. Feel free to roll for me while on Autopilot. Also, DoubleTap all zombies.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Thats fine for me to be honest, will try to be around for that time as well.

I should be free around 8:30 or so, though Westworld starts at 9! :)

Grand, we'll try for 8.30 so.

If OG is out, I'll roll for him and Four if he isn't around too. Just wanna give you guys another chance at combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

I'm around for a while now, definitely 20.30

• Advertisement

Prof Moriarty/Lucillus... welcome to The Hero Experience...

Hero Experience

Ok, folks responses will be a bit slower tomorrow but if people want to continue we can.

Otherwise we can arrange a day that suits like before. It seemed to work well.

Either option is fine with me, but it will be a little slower if we go daily. Want to give everyone time to play.

There's two groups now, so the other option is we can go a night/day that suits that team (or the majority) - and a second day/night suitable to the others.

I'll get Kolido up to speed and with one of the teams shortly when he's ready also, no panic.

No preference on my side, I will adjust myself to the rest of the party :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

We should go on a quest for a bunch of TimeSpace portal keys so we can jump from group to group at will.
    And a flying cart, we always need a flying cart. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

The Hunted

New thread up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Quick question. What is the object of the game? Just get to end and survive or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Guffy wrote: »
    Quick question. What is the object of the game? Just get to end and survive or what?

Have fun, there's no winning or losing, its just good craic telling a shared story

Just checking, should I (Brutha) be in the new thread? I didn't seem to come through the portal? And are all the other game threads now effectively closed? If they are I'll stop following them.

Thanks...

jasonb wrote: »
    Just checking, should I (Brutha) be in the new thread? I didn't seem to come through the portal? And are all the other game threads now effectively closed? If they are I'll stop following them.

Thanks...

Apologies, yes. You gracefully avoided the pile up at the bottom of the stairs by the will of Om :P

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »

Basically as Digi says, it's primarily for fun. You loot dungeons and put your character's life in terrible risk of maiming, death or worse (looking at you Fourier). You level up by looting dungeons for treasure and equipment.

Advertisement