Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D For Dummies: New Player Dungeon Sign Up Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Necrominus wrote: »
    Ok, so once we have character sheets from duffman and conor we can think about getting this rolling.

Is there a day/evening that would suit most people to begin?

Any night this week is fine for me. I'll have family over at the weekend so won't be online at all then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Cant do Tuesday or Thursday this week but dont let me hold ya back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Do we have a rough starting timetable on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

In general I'm not free in the evenings until 8/8:30 (my Daughter's bedtime) and 9ish on Tuesdays/Thursdays. But I'll try my best to make whatever night is picked....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

jasonb wrote:
    In general I'm not free in the evenings until 8/8:30 (my Daughter's bedtime) and 9ish on Tuesdays/Thursdays. But I'll try my best to make whatever night is picked....

Well if during the day suits some then what we can do is run it throughout the day? So those who find it easier to play during daytime hours will get a rattle and then others can get a run in the evening.

Once we have the last two character sheets I'll sort out the start date.

If we were to use this method, would Friday suit people? I know Molly said she was busy at the weekend but if we know in advance we can get her started during the day with others.

If not, we can hold off till next Monday and do something similar. These are only suggestions btw, so if anyone else wants to suggest something we can also use that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ok, so once we have character sheets from duffman and conor we can think about getting this rolling.

Is there a day/evening that would suit most people to begin?

Was away all weekend but ill spend some time getting mine done tonight, should be home by 8 and done by 9ish

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Daytime suits me better as Im at the office and online

Daytime could work for me, especially Fridays. Assuming, of course, it's not a busy day and I actually have to work! ��

Friday could be ok. I'd be completely AWOL though from around 4.30 until Monday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Friday could be ok. I'd be completely AWOL though from around 4.30 until Monday.

Well we can just start Monday (daytime) of next week if people prefer? We're also awaiting a final little piece of the puzzle so as not to confuse you folks with multiple DMs running this first game... :)

• Advertisement

Heh heh... As it happens, I'm off the air all day Monday. But you're never going to get a day that suits everyone, so whatever suits best, go with that. If I can't make it I can always join later in the game...

jasonb wrote: »
    Heh heh... As it happens, I'm off the air all day Monday. But you're never going to get a day that suits everyone, so whatever suits best, go with that. If I can't make it I can always join later in the game...

Doesn't have to be Monday, but the introductory phase is designed for folks to get into character a little bit.

So even if we start on Monday, we can introduce you separately and then have you join the main party a little bit later. Without spoiling anything of course ;)

There's clearly only one solution to this:

DO A POLL!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Though day play midweek is my preference, my schedule is so haphazard that I'll never fit into any one eases fixed routine.
    I'll do as I always do, join in when I can and hopefully leave my character in a position that can be auto-piloted if necessary.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

OldGoat wrote: »
    Though day play midweek is my preference, my schedule is so haphazard that I'll never fit into any one eases fixed routine.
    I'll do as I always do, join in when I can and hopefully leave my character in a position that can be auto-piloted if necessary.

Time is simply an illusion play when you can we will work it out

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Good evening Dungeoneers.

Good evening Dungeoneers.

Hi dingeon master

Dungeon Master.

These whay I said

{shrugs}

• Advertisement

So is everyone ready to play ?

By the way folks, we have been given permission by the mods to set up a D&D account for running the games.

So say hello to The Dungeon Master :D

By the way folks, we have been given permission by the mods to set up a D&D account for running the games.

So say hello to The Dungeon Master :D

Hello Dungeon Master

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Careful not to cause a feedback overload.

sKeith wrote: »
    Careful not to cause a feedback overload.

What’s a feedback overload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

that noise you get when you put the microphone up to the speaker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Hello Dungeon NecroMaster

So.... who's available during the day Friday? Let us know and we can organise to start then.

Me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'm game for Friday

Advertisement