Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy Show: April 7th 2018 9.45pm

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Pandora!

Lisha wrote: »
    Tell us Skid n WMM (and anyone else) is this Dave Allen thingy worth watching?

Enjoyed it the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Tell us Skid n WMM (and anyone else) is this Dave Allen thingy worth watching?

I was disappointed in it, to be honest Lisha

But give it a look, it's worth watching for curiosity value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It was Man United v Liverpool that day wikipedia tells me

Say it ain't so, it's been a lie all this time:eek:, the game must have been bad, i blanked it out :o
    I presume that's the end of DWTS coverage until next year?

No chance Deirdre & Anna are pulling this week on The Farm :P;)
    Here is a statement I never thought I’d say

I’d prefer Nathan Carter to this shiiite

& can't believe he done a Daniel swirl too, euuuuccchhhhh!!!!
    Skid X wrote: »
    Hmmm ... like Richard Pryor in Brewster's Millions - None of The Above!!

B1ka_1zCUAESVq9.jpg

Be careful what you wish for :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Next year I betcha it will happen

Shure, "What's Another Year" :rolleyes:
    NAGDEFI wrote: »
    An old boss of mine hit Pat Shortt's father with a snowball as a pupil in school (Pat Shortt's father was a primary teacher) and knocked him out! An ambulance had to come to the school to cart him off:D

Bet he was a snowflake then:D
    Never heard of Pat Shortt suffering from depression but he does seem to have that manic/bipolar energy common to comedians. For such heights of merriment you always feel there's a low period that corresponds. Those height of mania often lead to the bursts of genius from the likes of Spike Milligan et al.

So did Robin Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Never heard of Pat Shortt suffering from depression but he does seem to have that manic/bipolar energy common to comedians. For such heights of merriment you always feel there's a low period that corresponds. Those height of mania often lead to the bursts of genius from the likes of Spike Milligan et al.

I'm sure i heard him talking about this before, but i have nothing to base this on except memory and i could be mixing him up with someone else. I hope i'm not starting some mad rumour on Boards, i just have some recall of him talking about the subject on the Late Late or Saturday night version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

monkey9 wrote: »

I'm sure i heard him talking about this before, but i have nothing to base this on except memory and i could be mixing him up with someone else. I hope i'm not starting some mad rumour on Boards, i just have some recall of him talking about the subject on the Late Late or Saturday night version.
    Think it was the other guy he worked with a few years ago. Can't think of his name. They were a double act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Think it was the other guy he worked with a few years ago. Can't think of his name. They were a double act.

That'd be Jon Kenny - the other half of D'Unbelievables. He was diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease but recovered from it afaik. During that time Pat went solo and has had a successful career on his own.

Advertisement