Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Good Friday 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I do admire Ethiopian Airlines.
    My favourite quote about Live Aid, made by my favourite 'rock star', Mark E. Smith from The Fall:
    'Live Aid? I smell a lot of Victorian bloody do-gooding about the whole thing. There are people in Hulme (Manchester) who are half starved, so why not send the aid to them? Never in a million years. And any country that can be invaded by the Italians must be a load of crap. Am I right?'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yeah I never got that either. Don't Like Mondays is just fantastic,,, love the piano on it...  but I'm not sure how the band were considered anything more than a one hit wonder. A bit like Charles and Eddie really.

Just think, if Chesney Hawkes did a big charity gig, he could dine out on it to this day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Yeah I never got that either. Don't Like Mondays is just fantastic,,, love the piano on it...  but I'm not sure how the band were considered anything more than a one hit wonder. A bit like Charles and Eddie really.

He came up with The Great Song of Indifference in the early 1990s. Lyrics sum him up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Geldof is a self obsessed self indulgent pr1ck

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

I'd love if a guest answered Ryan's inevitable Trump question by blowing his mind with a more nuanced answer about Trump
    My problem with Tubridy on the issue of American Presidents is that he completely ignores both (his heroes) JFK and Bill Clinton's indiscretions with women, yet constantly references Trump indiscretions (which at this stage amounts to just a bit of locker talk). Complete hypocrite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

Berserker wrote: »
    I know and they are sick over it. If he turns things around on the Korean peninsula, he would have to be up for a Nobel prize. Obama got one for talking sh1te.
    Wow! over 5000 posts and not once have I seen you on the Donald Trump thread -

Hard man on soft ground

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Till tomorrow night, folks!

Nos da :)

Geldof is a self obsessed self indulgent pr1ck

That is all
    I'm only surprised that Aung San Suu Kyi didn't hand back her Freedom of Dublin first .... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Paul Kelly from console?

What punishment did he get in the end? :pac:
    Sweet F A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Thought someone said Geldof was pre-recorded but he said happy Easter afterwards. Live no?

• Advertisement

Thought someone said Geldof was pre-recorded but he said happy Easter afterwards. Live no?
    He made have known in advance that Sunday was Easter Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sweet F A.

I suppose it's who you know not what you know.

Just wondering, how does Geldof know that Aung San Suu Kyi witnessed rapes and murders? I havent heard this referenced on other stations or any videos of it on youtube... Is this the first time that this has been stated in public?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Pandora!

Watching the +1, they must have brought the The Gospel singer group on to humor Bob Geldof.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    Another delusion of Bob is how good the Rats were.

Helping Queen sell tickets lol!.

Apart from Rat Trap, Banana REpublic and Don't Like Mondays there was nothing else.

In his own language 'you weren't exactly the fcuking Beatles man'.

In fairness, Looking After No.1, Like Clockwork, She`s So Modern, Diamond Smiles and Someone`s Looking At You all reached the top 15 or higher in the UK charts. Agree they are not of the same quality as the three songs you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Rats had a handful of good songs, Inc a couple of classics.

If it hadn't been for Live Aid, the world certainly wouldn't know Bob through his music legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Because of all the crimes England has committed. They with America have made a quarry out of the middle East. Blair should be charged war crimes

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Just think, if Chesney Hawkes did a big charity gig, he could dine out on it to this day!
    Yeah Donie, and him looking like Fernando Torres and Nik Kershaw playing the backing guitar !!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Pandora!

Geldof is tiresome, The Boomtown ...Rants

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    The night that's in it i think i'll watch The Passion of the Christ. Less torture than a Bob Geldof interview.

Less torturous than The Bachelor :P
    Ol' Donie wrote: »

Shure he didn't need the Daz ad, as he's squeeky clean enough ;)
    Wow! over 5000 posts and not once have I seen you on the Donald Trump thread -

Hard man on soft ground

Now you tell me, D'oh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Berserker wrote: »
    Why would he hand back his knighthood?

Emmmmm......To show he's not a hypocrite perhaps.

But, of course he is.

Great supporter of British nationalism is our Bob.

His fan boys are usually right wing cretins who seemingly like their "liberal rebels" to be inconsistent, tax dodging, British establishment hacks.

Ironically, they all despise him in the UK as well!

Geldof most likely has an egotistical personality disorder.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is booed by .... fans of the Darkness.

He is the definition of a tw@t.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

People are being super harsh about Sir Bob's tunes.

Didn't he write that deadly "Dustin take a walk take a walk take a walk" one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Bob Geldof is the definition of insufferable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

He made have known in advance that Sunday was Easter Sunday?

Ah, I see. Where would the audience have come from? Surely not just for one interview?

Ah, I see. Where would the audience have come from? Surely not just for one interview?
    I think D'Arcy let is slip on the radio show today that it was filmed the previous night. At least the band that were on with him were filmed the previous night anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Hopefully he asks Geldof about him and his millionaire mates shouting from their luxury yacht at Farage...

Luxury yacht? Take a closer look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

As a teenager growing up listening to the rats in poorly run country and the church still controlling people’s minds. Bob was something different and like us all is not perfect and has done some good in his time and never hides that he is Irish, he has being successful in business not by luck but by working and which is an Irish trait that is sadly being lost in our young people today.
    He made a stand over the freedom of Dublin thing and didn’t se Bono coming out and giving his back. At times he can be full on and hard to listen and other times interesting, like last night when he said about Mary Robinson becoming president help change Ireland for the better. Why I would have him over bono is he lives in England and pays in England and is entitled to talk about English politics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

NAGDEFI, my remark about posh Dubliners was just a joke, everyone makes jokes about us all the time, I have no problem with posh Dubliners as long as he respects northmen.

However I don't like southerners telling me to get along with orangemen as it is not an easy thing to do, they are not an easy people to like.

You don't appear to be a ray of sunshine, yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'd have Bob Geldof on the Late Late once a month just to watch the teeth-grinding rage he engenders in people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Bob Geldof is the definition of insufferable!
    Only insufferable guest last night was the like comedian.. incredible the amount of viewers who turned the volume down to avoid upsetting their blood pressure. I seriously thought it was just me. Like

Advertisement