Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Good Friday 2018

Options

Comments

Oh no... This virtue signalling idiot :rolleyes:

Wish this hypocrite would slip into obscurity and do everyone a favour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Skid X wrote: »
    Bring back the Donkeys.

You'll have to make do with an ass instead ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Anyway. What is he flogging? Book, documentary?

I have stopped listening to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

If Lough Neagh from Derry found Dobbo offensive.. he'll be going haywire at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Funny how he's complaining about commemorating a violent uprising.

No, he's dead right. People here just want to believe that it was a positive action for some reason. They have this romantic vision about what happened. The fallout from their actions is still being felt today and it'll never be resolved.

• Advertisement

Aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Oh no... This virtue signalling idiot :rolleyes:

Wish this hypocrite would slip into obscurity and do everyone a favour

Insufferable. The very definition of a social justice warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Everyone in the audience got a donkey. Currently 300 donkeys wandering around the foyer in RTE, eating potted plants and shitting everywhere, waiting for their new owners. Absolute chaos. One of them got out onto the N11, but security managed to coax it back inside. I expect we'll hear all about it on Liveline next week.
    Yeats always reminds me of Brian Farrell

wbyeats.jpg?itok=iv2YVJRK

BrianFarrellrte_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-297204

Things have changed since the monochrome Today Tonight studios :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

monkey9 wrote: »
    I saw the Boomtown Rats a few years back at the Electric Picnic. Now, i was locked but they were brilliant.

Nay, went to see them on the back of a LLS interview a few years back.

I did not love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

In fairness that's the most graphic description of The Great Irish Famine i've ever heard :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,828 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone on after him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Bob must be hanging around Joe Duffy or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

If there were no interviews or attention seeking publicity then how do we all know about it going in one day as himself and then a couple of days later dresses as a woman in full make up and dodgy high heels. Saw the photos.

No idea, but they've kept a very low profile since coming out. I don't think that can be denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Tubridy hopping on the "I'm not proud to be Irish" statement which is not what Geldof is saying. He's just 'not proud or ashamed' to be Irish, it's just where he was born or raised. He hasn't a general opinion on his nationality.

A point that everyone i assume watching this got, but Tubs jumps in "Why aren't you proud?" :rolleyes:

Oh fúck off bob..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sorry now but he’s an awful insufferable dose of shiite

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This is a lecture none of us applied for or wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Do this guy know how to party or what?

Eh?

EH?

He'll be spouting the same guff from a private podium hanging from the chandelier at Lillies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,932 ✭✭✭furiousox

No idea, but they've kept a very low profile since coming out. I don't think that can be denied.

They?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Skid X wrote: »
    Bring back the Donkeys.

Drop the dead donkey...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I just can't bear it when anyone goes on about poets.

M

He hands back his crappest award.

He didn't mind sharing a Queen's honour with Jimmy Saville

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

NAGDEFI, my remark about posh Dubliners was just a joke, everyone makes jokes about us all the time, I have no problem with posh Dubliners as long as he respects northmen.

However I don't like southerners telling me to get along with orangemen as it is not an easy thing to do, they are not an easy people to like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Berserker wrote: »
    No, he's dead right. People here just want to believe that it was a positive action for some reason. They have this romantic vision about what happened. The fallout from their actions is still being felt today and it'll never be resolved.

The fallout from Britain's military actions is still being felt too, just not in Britain. I don't know how Geldof can reconcile his pontificating with retaining that honorary knighthood.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

When will Bob resurrect Planet 24 Productions, and bring back 'The Big Breakfast' and 'The Word'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Bob is actually causing me to fall asleep

M

How wrong could they have been of a judge of character, she's a tyrant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

monkey9 wrote: »
    Tubridy hopping on the "I'm not proud to be Irish" statement which is not what Geldof is saying. He's just 'not proud or ashamed' to be Irish, it's just where he was born or raised. He hasn't a general opinion on his nationality.

A point that everyone i assume watching this got, but Tubs jumps in "Why aren't you proud?" :rolleyes:

Yeah, the guy isn't that wrapped up in what happened 100 years ago. It's hip now to like Easter 1916 and pretend that your relatives were there. He seems what is going on now, in terms of social progression, as more important.

• Advertisement

Ryan wont ask him why did he hand back the freedom of Dublin but not the freedom of London though the big overpaid coward :mad:

Advertisement