Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Good Friday 2018

Options
  • 30-03-2018 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

The Pubs are open - WaaHay!

Are you going out - Meh, probably not

And why would you leave the house?, sure you would be crucified if you were to miss this eggstravagansa

Bob Geldof, still Knight of The British Empire but no longer a Freeman of Dublin demanded that Dublin take back his freemanship and then got cross when they wouldn't give it back. So he's no longer a Freeman of Dublin and if you see him walking his sheep through the city, ring the Guards or Liveline immediately. Anyway, he's on tonight.

Bryan Dobbo Dobson is the former Six One Anchor now forced to get up in the middle of the night to present Morning Ireland on the radio. He is generally considered a good egg by anyone who knows him. If he was a woman he'd probably still have the Big gig on the telly but the RTE Director General isn't having any of that.

Legendary Singer Finbar Furey is still going strong with a new record deal and a new album out. Good man Finbar.

Maeve Higgins is a Cork Comedian who has resurrected her career in America and is doing well, apparently. Well done Maeve. This will be "Trump is evil" part of tonight's show, I think.

Home of the Year judges Hugh Wallace, Deirdre Whelan and Patrick Bradley do the obligatory RTE plug of the week. At this point in time I have to nail my colours to the mast and admit that I was wrong about Julian from Dancing with the Stars last week. I watched it back and it was a very good interview with an interesting guest

Music from Relish, Westlife once did a cover of one of their songs and released it as a single. Honestly.

Nothing says Easter like Rescued Donkeys and we will see Donkeys in good health after being rescued by a charity. Aaaah, that's nice.

So there you are, maybe the guest standard is rising, maybe not.

Only two more months of this until the Summer, and no Mir show this year. Enjoy it while you can ...

48dec216195c3ac0c29c5d56298640d2--egg-coloring-puppies.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Any chance Tubridy will challenge or allow someone from the audience to challenge Gob Beldof?

Or would Gobby not allow that?

Tubridy: "Hey Bob, why is that you kept your freedom of London and knighthood, that you share with this woman, but then rang up the media to witness you give back your Dublin one?"

That would be a start.

Geldof claimed he was a victim of a "Sinn Féin stitch up",
    any chance RTÉ would allow a debate with one of their members.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Any chance Tubridy will challenge or allow someone from the audience to challenge Gob Beldof?

Or would Gobby not allow that?

Tubridy: "Hey Bob, why is that you kept your freedom of London and knighthood, that you share with this woman, but then rang up the media to witness you give back your Dublin one?"

That would be a start.

Geldof claimed he was a victim of a "Sinn Féin stitch up",
    any chance RTÉ would allow a debate with one of their members.
    I wonder whether Geldof interview is live as Ray Darcy mentioned yesterday on his show that he saw Bob in the RTE studio that day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Bob Geldof and Maeve Higgins?

Thank christ the pubs are open this Good Friday after all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

Skid X wrote: »
    Home of the Year judges

Three snobs who are literally paid to walk around inside peoples houses and critique how much of a "home" they are. What the hell is a "home of the year"? What a completely meaningless accolade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

So there’s nobody doing a book signing in Easons tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

EICVD wrote: »
    So there’s nobody doing a book signing in Easons tomorrow?
    The donkeys are with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Bob Geldof interview is pre-recorded...

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2018/03/30/i-dont-want-to-be-associated-with-this-pig/

Probably because the producers wanted tonight’s show to run Like Clockwork.

I’ll see myself out.

I’ll see myself out.

Were you "up all night" thinking up that one?:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

Tell me why I don't like Fridays...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I’ll see myself out.

It's all pre-recorded

Tumbleweed around RTE tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Were you "up all night" thinking up that one?:P

There will certainly be a tonic for the troops now that pubs are open on Good Friday.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

There will certainly be a tonic for the troops now that pubs are open on Good Friday.

I'm afraid it will Drag Me Down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I really want to see the donkeys, it's not every night we see Tubirdy and Geldof together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Bob Geldof and Maeve Higgins?

Thank christ the pubs are open this Good Friday after all.

Good jaysus do we have to listen to another rant/moan session form Geldof on LLS again and Maeve Higgins, dont find her funny at all, apparently the Yanks dont get her sense of humour either, her jokes went down like a lead balloon lol, that said the Yanks dont get jokes or parody imo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Maeve Higgins is as amusing as a dose of the trots.

Do you know Suzie, the barmaid? I hear she’s so modern:P

On a similar note, watching Britain’s Favorite Food on CH 4 - completely forgot about Ski youghurt

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

no disease of the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Bob Geldof.

Might give it a skip this week.

Arghus wrote: »
    Bob Geldof.

Who’s grazing his sheep on Stephens Green in his absence?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Question for Sir Bob:

Which is a bigger crime against humanity, all that craic in Africa, or putting the bleeding Boomtown Rats in between The Darkness and Queen at Marlay Park?

Makes me absolutely sick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

honeybear wrote: »
    I wonder whether Geldof interview is live as Ray Darcy mentioned yesterday on his show that he saw Bob in the RTE studio that day

Bob lives in the RTE studio between LLS appearances. It makes it easier for him to keep a low profile. However, he does get bored and moves around a little and that's why you see him the odd time as an extra on Fair City and he does vox pops with different voices for Morning Ireland. He has also been a cameraman on Room to Improve and provides Dermot with some much needed pep talks when the going gets tough.

https://twitter.com/maevehiggins/status/979811533713756160

But, but ... how is she in the pub having already done her interview?

She must be a witch, We should drown her or crucify her for the day that's in it.

Skid X wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/maevehiggins/status/979811533713756160

But, but ... how is she in the pub having already done her interview?

She must be a witch, We should drown her or crucify her for the day that's in it.

God damn time travelling witch, BURN HER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Can we just burn her anyhow?!!

Them lads on the news in the Philippines who get nailed to the cross every Good Friday

That's a bit hardcore.

I hope at least one of them sings Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life, just to break the tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Seriously who remembers what guests were on the show say three weeks ago for example?

It is a two hour wonder. For those who like looking at at a human greyhound presenter to boot!

It is all forgotten the next week, really it is.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Can we just burn her anyhow?!!

I'm always up for burning someone!

EPAndlee wrote: »
    God damn time travelling witch, BURN HER!!!

The DOCTOR! :eek:

Exterminate; Exterminate; Exterminate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Arghus wrote: »
    Bob Geldof.

Who’s grazing his sheep on Stephens Green in his absence?
    Bono

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

My money's on one of the donkeys to have cancer,/leukemia/weeks to live

Advertisement