Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Good Friday 2018

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    Another delusion of Bob is how good the Rats were.

Helping Queen sell tickets lol!.

Apart from Rat Trap, Banana REpublic and Don't Like Mondays there was nothing else.

In his own language 'you weren't exactly the fcuking Beatles man'.

Ah, come on.............surely you didn't miss the fact he was having a very rare joke there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Ah, come on.............surely you didn't miss the fact he was having a very rare joke there!

A joke but half in earnest i'd say!! The ego is large:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

A joke but half in earnest i'd say!! The ego is large:D

He has a very small ego relative to what he has achieved in his lifetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

I agree in the sense that he doesn't have a huge ego with regards to his humanitarian work but his music and sense of self importance on every pronouncement he makes... different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Maeve Higgins upset some people with her comments about bringing emotional support dogs onto Airplanes.

It's not a joking matter apparently.

Like, Big apologies to anyone hurt or offended by my emotional support dog bit on last night @RTELateLateShow, like. US and Irish categories are different,like. Much love and respect for people who need, fundraise for and train service dogs and like, thank you for the information like like like! Will do better!🐕

https://www.facebook.com/MaeveHiggins

I added in a few likes just to give it a more Maeve like sound to the apology, like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Skid X wrote: »
    Maeve Higgins upset some people with her comments about bringing emotional support dogs onto Airplanes.

It's not a joking matter apparently.

https://www.facebook.com/MaeveHiggins

I added in a few likes just to give it a more Maeve like sound to the apology, like.

Who doesn't like that, but i like this too, that could explain it, she's a Muggle:D

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg1VlCjHcnr/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ah, I see. Where would the audience have come from? Surely not just for one interview?

It was all pre-recorded on Thursday, all of it.

This shouldn't be a shock to people, Good Friday is as good as a Public Holiday in RTE.

Pandora! wrote: »
    Geldof is tiresome, The Boomtown ...Rants

As guest he ticks a lot of boxes for me:

1. He's not an RTE employee
    2. He has international standing which is a rarity on RTE shows these days (excluding UK soap stars)
    3. He divides his audience which creates good debate
    4. Did I mention he's not an RTE employee :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

As guest he ticks a lot of boxes for me:

3. He divides his audience which creates good debate

Thing is, there was zero debate allowed.

Geldof is a delusional diva on a rant and Tubridy is afraid to ask him obvious pertinent questions.

Also, he was just on to promote his rubbish band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

You mean conning people into giving money for one particular episode in Africa over 30 years ago, the money not getting there, using charity to enrich and promote himself and dodge tax.

Some achievement.

I wonder what egos the Anglo-Irish bankers have?

Are they relative to their achievements?

• Advertisement

Thing is, there was zero debate allowed.

Geldof is a delusional diva on a rant and Tubridy is afraid to ask him obvious pertinent questions.

Also, he was just on to promote his rubbish band.

Jez- I'm not talking about TV land- I'm talking about "boards.ie TV General" land- a TOTALLY different ball game.

I (and I think I can speak for the regulars here and say "we") just want discussion fodder. Putting RTE employees on the TV show is not what "we" want.Geldof, like him or hate him, is just excellent discussion fodder. And if he were here right now, he'd more than likely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

When were we talking about the Paddington movie? Was that this week or last week?

It's starting on Film 4+1 now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭FranklinMint

I agree in the sense that he doesn't have a huge ego with regards to his humanitarian work but his music and sense of self importance on every pronouncement he makes... different story.

The rats were like a middle class punk outfit

But they did make a breakthrough for Irish bands on the English new wave scene on TOTPs

Advertisement