Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Just got a bottle of vanilla Coke Zero. Tastes just like the old Vanilla Coke used to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Just got a bottle of vanilla Coke Zero. Tastes just like the old Vanilla Coke used to :D

Nyom! Found real glass bottles of coke in Centra the other day. Sounds weird but tastes so much nicer out of a glass bottle

TH after hearing baby Fart copying her dada saying the word 'balloon' perfectly-Very proud mama right here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cold beer. Really cold.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sounds weird but tastes so much nicer out of a glass bottle

Totally agree! they also have them in Dunnes 4 for 4.50 atm.
    Cold beer. Really cold.

What kind of beer :pac:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A long, laugh punctuated, chat at the gate with a passing neighbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

What kind of beer :pac:?

Mahou cervezas according to the label on my glass!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The echoes from the snoring dog make me smile with a happy.

Living here has rejuvenated her and I cannot always walk her as I did today. Sheer utter joy is dog here and so are the cats.

so now happy that dog is sleeping the sleep of sheer exhaustion! She deserves the best, loyal companion that she is!

When I go in to collect the little gasúr from crèche, the Spaniards working there - about 95% of the staff - all have attached the Spanish diminutive suffix ito onto the end of his Irish name. It's cute!

The 3-year-old bet everybody in the potato and spoon race in her school's sports' day today. I was in awe of her as she managed to hold down that potato on the spoon with her hand as she ran past everybody. hehe.

The number of cheating little feckers in that sports day who are two and three years of age. Some of those parents - particularly the daddys - were getting an awful lot of fun from watching their own cheating bastard sprogeen (in fairness, it was mostly the buachaillí; some of the more studious girls were way at the end as they followed the actual rules and went through all the obstacles that the lads just ignored to get to the finish line first.)

If some psychologist did a longitudinal study based on watching these kids on sports day and how they got on in later life it would be interesting (like the famous Marshmallow Experiment on delayed gratification.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Ocean's Eight at the cinema this evening. It was very funny.

Reading the "happies" here makes me happy... Happiness is infectious; let us have a happiness epidemic ... I don't always understand the references but happiness is multi-lingual and needs no translating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Its still 'kinda' bright out, facing North..
    And after a conversation with a friend recently and what he told/advised is so true...something along the lines of, 'if you dont try you will never know !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Graces7 wrote: »
    Reading the "happies" here makes me happy... Happiness is infectious; let us have a happiness epidemic ... I don't always understand the references but happiness is multi-lingual and needs no translating.

Hi Graces7 i'm going through a bit of that happiness phase.
    Its great...long may it last...xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went for a walk with some friends who I don't see too often this evening, and we had such a laugh, and the view from where we walked to was pretty good as well :D

4Ad wrote: »
    Hi Graces7 i'm going through a bit of that happiness phase.
    Its great...long may it last...xxxx

lol and yes.. I am coming through a bad patch of no pain relief and had not realised how much it was dragging me down..

Small things have always made me happy and I am back on track.

Meeting a very old and dear friend this morning as he's passing through en route to a meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Waking to warm sun and bright skies

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boards is back! (I know, I know, get a life, NH...)

Are we back at last !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

New Home wrote: »

It's kind of back...was out this morning and kinda wondered why nobody was posting in the Irish rugby match thread for over 3 hours :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Happy boards is back \o/

New Home wrote: »

You're not the only that needs to get a life homeo, I was constantly checking twitter for updates :o..... :D.

• Advertisement

Happy to have spent a sunny afternoon knitting inside my gate, soaking aching feet in cold water, knitting, eating my last Cornetto... even waving to TWO passing neighbours!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The innocence of children. I told my youngest,now 6,.a long time ago that I was 21 and it stayed with her and she wouldn't hear otherwise. We were chatting about something in the car the other day and I was telling her about something I had done when I was 35. She couldn't fathom how I could be 35 at all. Yesterday she says to me "Mam, tell me the truth, how old are you?". Before I could answer the scaldy teenager says "Mam is 45, for God"s sake". Her little face , she looks at me stunned and says "Does Daddy know ?" :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Finding out you can order Domino’s and pay using PayPal after accidentally leaving my debit card on my desk in work yesterday... Bring on the pizza coma :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Wearing nice girly clothes this warm weather. Usually I wear trousers and t shirts, and a fleece if cold. It's lovely to get out a skirt, or a pretty dress, and be all girly (well, rather mature girly now) for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The innocence of children. I told my youngest,now 6,.a long time ago that I was 21 and it stayed with her and she wouldn't hear otherwise. We were chatting about something in the car the other day and I was telling her about something I had done when I was 35. She couldn't fathom how I could be 35 at all. Yesterday she says to me "Mam, tell me the truth, how old are you?". Before I could answer the scaldy teenager says "Mam is 45, for God"s sake". Her little face , she looks at me stunned and says "Does Daddy know ?" :):)

This is the best post I've read in ages :o

The local skylark is having an orgy of song in a clear blue sky.... Lifting the heart...Mr Sparrow is still giving me a hard time if I am outside...Never knew that they had so much character... small happy things ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

My shopping is being delivered soon.

Love those phone calls out of the blue; "back from holidays...fancy comparing notes?...great evening for a beer garden....collect you at 8...Mrs X is driving...".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

Seeing Joe brolly just get under pat Spillanes skin.....it's clearly a struggle for him not to batter brolly

• Advertisement

New potatoes with butter and salt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement