Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Watching my biggest cat enjoying the weather. he simply sprawls his long-furred bulk wherever he pleases. The baby buggy I use for shopping is in the long grass by the big gate and he crashes underneath it for the shade.. and to lie in wait so dog and I do not go for a walk without him.. Safe here these my cats..And a continuing quiet delight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭gifted

Driving home with the a/c on in the car....cool as an ice berg....

Flaked out in bedroom now like a boiled ham lol lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Granda day organised with my six year old granddaughter on Thursday. I can't wait...ice-cream on the prom, playground, water fights in the garden. I must make a list.

May I suggest soap bubbles? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Bought a fan! Lovely cooling waves

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sitting in the shade now with a nice little breeze and enjoying the coolness after a roasting hot day .

A happy little grandaughter splashed and played in the pool in the garden today well shaded by three sun umbrellas . Oh to have joined her ! Did put my feet in which was lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Happy that today worked out absolutely perfectly. Did the breakfast shift at work, was out at noon, then came home and spent the whole day lying out in the sun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

gifted wrote: »
    Driving home with the a/c on in the car....cool as an ice berg....

Flaked out in bedroom now like a boiled ham lol lol
    A few years ago I got a ceiling fan in Argos for about 30 quid and it was brilliant. I would leave it on the low setting all night and it wasn't loud. It was especially helpful in the humid. Now that I have birds flying around the apartment it's become redundant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am wearing a baseball cap,shorts, hair tied back and sunglasses with the heat. Not my usual look at all. I am sniggering imagining the sh1t I could get up to and not be recognised. TH at how easily amused I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I just found a good free location in the town, in a car park actually, where I can go and bang a tennis ball against a wall without bothering anyone or any chance of breaking any windows. It nice to be able go out and engage in some activity that doesn't cost anything. And Wimbledon hasn't even started yet! Long live long dry sunny evenings.

one day less of the extreme heat...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

New Home wrote: »
    May I suggest soap bubbles? :)

Yes! I have some in the press. Thank you.

Loving this weather; it offers so many excuses - mess with water, not do as much work, eat ice-cream, drink tall cold cocktails...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You could also stock up on ice-cream and various sprinkles/toppers and play "ice-cream parlour"!

Hey, can I come along, too, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

New Home wrote: »
    You could also stock up on ice-cream and various sprinkles/toppers and play "ice-cream parlour"!

Hey, can I come along, too, please?

If over 74 or under 6, you are very welcome - bring your own wafer cones.

May I swap some of those numbers around?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is that mental age?

No. That's definitely under 5.

New Home wrote:
    No. That's definitely under 5.

That would meet the under 6 criteria.

Any loophole to get ice-cream.

Ted, you are a genius. It's hard to tell, but you are. :pac:

New Home wrote:
    Ted, you are a genius. It's hard to tell, but you are.

Quoting for posterity.

GDPR, Ted. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

It makes me very happy that The Kinks are planning on making a... komeback.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I just found a good free location in the town, in a car park actually, where I can go and bang a tennis ball against a wall without bothering anyone or any chance of breaking any windows. It nice to be able go out and engage in some activity that doesn't cost anything. And Wimbledon hasn't even started yet! Long live long dry sunny evenings.

Brings back memories of a long ago childhood,,, Bouncing balls off the wall,,, We had songs too.. "1,2,3, a leara, 456 a leara, 789 a leara, TEN a leara" ( on which you had to spin round fast.. "CATCH the ball.."

all kinds of variations to make it harder...

And folk wonder why we had no childhood obesity.. played that for hours

New Home wrote:
    GDPR, Ted.

You waived your rights by declaring it on a public forum.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Brings back memories of a long ago childhood,,, Bouncing balls off the wall,,, We had songs too.. "1,2,3, a leara, 456 a leara, 789 a leara, TEN a leara" ( on which you had to spin round fast.. "CATCH the ball.."

all kinds of variations to make it harder...

And folk wonder why we had no childhood obesity.. played that for hours
    Ah Yes , Out all day and played skipping and elastic bands and balls and marbles along the paths .,
    Grace where you in Ireland ? Our song was
    1 2 3 O Leary etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaX0DNgXf28

And Plainy Packet of Rinso
    Uppy Packet of Rinso
    Downy Packet of Rinso
    Twirly Packet of Rinso

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You waived your rights by declaring it on a public forum.

Well, I lied (any loophole to get ice-cream, right?). :cool:

I am easily pleased but being able to leave stuff out in the back garden .Not having to take in the sun shades or the toys or the garden shoes .Leaving washing out overnight and its dry by morning !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Ah Yes , Out all day and played skipping and elastic bands and balls and marbles along the paths .,
    Grace where you in Ireland ? Our song was
    1 2 3 O Leary etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaX0DNgXf28

Ah I grew up in far away Lancashire.. Not here.. the O'Leary connection makes sense as we were near Liverpool with its strong Irish community ..

Hopscotch was my favourite. Never will I forget the sound of an old tobacco tin grating on stones...or the polish of scratches it gathered.

Cannot find a version like we played that involved kicking the tin as we hopped and it made a good solitary game like that. I used to play it alone for hours. Made for very strong legs ...

This is fun!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-FGDwjLr0

Looking back is happy making

For Seph! Cat funnies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peEbD4ZBEYM

Enjoy!

THREE ripe strawberries on the birthday gift plant! Mouthwatering thought

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Graces7 wrote: »
    For Seph! Cat funnies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peEbD4ZBEYM

Enjoy!

TH for the above :D.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement