Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's Lunch Time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just seen the first peacock butterfly here...

http://www.irishbutterflies.com/peacock_butterfly_of_ireland.html?photo=1

WISH I could put the photo on here.. if anyone can, thank you

I knew there would be these here as they love nettles and there are abundant here..

Such a lovely sight as he dried his wings in the sun

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

peacock1_web.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Bredabe

So So happy that a certain ex-colleague*(that I have posted about here before) has been seen for what they are, and now will not be a non-entity in our professional circles.

*= complete and utter boll*& and proud of it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

peacock1_web.jpg

O wow. thank you,

Is it not the most lovely sight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Except for those of us who are based in emergency care, we who are due on the afternoon shift has been told to 'work from home'/ given the afternoon/night off with reassessment in the am.

A th in itself, but now I can mind my sore back/kidneys/allergies in a temp controlled room with lots of just out of the fridge water and not have to make excuses to anyone.:):):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Next door dog who must be the happiest animal alive, always in great form.

The cattle here waiting for my dog to go out in the field so they can chase her. I swear they are laughing at her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I've finished my 2 weeks of IV antibiotics and my lung function has gone from 45 to 53%!!! Delighted with myself. I feel so much better too. I also saw the psychologist and she'll talk to my doctors about changing my lovely head pills so I'll be all kinds of happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I've finished my 2 weeks of IV antibiotics and my lung function has gone from 45 to 53%!!! Delighted with myself. I feel so much better too. I also saw the psychologist and she'll talk to my doctors about changing my lovely head pills so I'll be all kinds of happy :D

That's wonderful news re the lung function!!.
    TH at this Brilliant news this evening :)

That peacock butterfly posted above thanks to Seph.. Lifts the heart .. The essence of summer..

• Advertisement

A more serious happy that most of you may not understand but i need that those who so kindly involved know...

Some while ago there was a verbal attack and threats from a person here, incomer, squatter. No islander would ever behave like that. I called the Gardai and was online and so much support and kindness here that night.
    Because of the complaint and of other matters I told the gardai about re the man. that had serious implications, he is no longer allowed on the island.

Sweetest relief, and that the Gardai and other authorties protected me. A safe place to grow older in. It really is..

BLESSINGS AND THANKS for this happiness... And here for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My anxiety and irritability levels have gone down. Feeling much more relaxed and at ease!

Hope all are well!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Try_harder wrote: »
    My anxiety and irritability levels have gone down. Feeling much more relaxed and at ease!

Hope all are well!

That's a MAJOR th , delighted for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Swimming in the sea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    That's a MAJOR th , delighted for you :)

Thanks! These new meds are great. I was gonna ask doc if I could go back to work early!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Try_harder wrote: »
    Thanks! These new meds are great. I was gonna ask doc if I could go back to work early!

That's brilliant that they are working for you , I know how hard it can be to get one that helps .

Enjoy the time off , and enjoy feeling good , before you have to go back into work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Bittersweet day tomorrow. Last day of school and summer holidays time. But I'm leaving my school and I'm heartbroken. There will be plenty of tears. I'm TH for summer but TA for leaving my school.

I got some amazing gifts from the staff today. Totally shocked at their generosity!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Cleopatra and Grace, happy for you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that I got a call today telling me that my shift tomorrow is cancelled :D

TH for my neighbours who worked and worked yesterday haymaking on steep ground. That the fodder for winter is safe already and time for a second cut later in the year. Last year was a disaster. TH for cooler hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Away camping atm and the beach is right at my doorstep :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've nearly clocked up 100km on the bike this week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I like farts and meanies

I like farts and meanies

at the same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Going for lunch with a boardsie ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I got a gift of cupcakes at work.
    The message read "see you in Paris"
    It's the dude I was at a work conference with a few weeks ago that told me he fancied me :o
    I work in a small open plan office where everything is out in the open so got an almighty slagging from everyone when they landed on my desk. Morto :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Graces7 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Robbie Henshaw was in school today :D

• Advertisement

Graces7 ?

???? well, while that would be grand by me, I am island bound just now and AFAIK no one is arriving here today or my neighbour the ferryman would have told me ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement