Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It's my little smileyhead's 1st birthday tomorrow (technically today). I've work booked off and we're going to have an absolutely class day. :)

"Happy Birthday , Little Smileyhead!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Nice bit of double-luck this morning. Taking my mother to a medical appointment, I was looking for parking near the church in Blackrock. The little pay & display car park was full, and I'd just turned around to exit it when a lady came and not only vacated a space, but gave me her ticket which was paid up until tomorrow morning. I'll try to pass it on to someone when I leave...

Succeeded in dealing with some delayed housework tasks I have been too unwell to cope with,, Small, but hugely satisfying. Happy with that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

That government bodies and the Gardai are listening to me ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I got glasses today for the first time (they said it'd make me go blind, but did I listen?) and it's like everything is in HD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I got glasses today for the first time (they said it'd make me go blind, but did I listen?) and it's like everything is in HD.

I feel like that when I clean them once in a blue moon and realise that I've been looking through dirty smudges for ages! Everything is so sharp and clear. Enjoy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Hotel chocolate.
    The nicest chocolate I have ever eaten and God knows I have eaten a lot over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

That government bodies and the Gardai are listening to me ....

This could be read as a potential TA! Conspiracy theories forum ->
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A holiday in Cyprus this past week, which included a family wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH after a week of sluggish grey weather, I hear the solar tubes going full blast.
    Solar tubes = free hot water = big hot bath
    come to mama !

• Advertisement

TH after a week of sluggish grey weather, I hear the solar tubes going full blast.
    Solar tubes = free hot water = big hot bath
    come to mama !

Sounds,literally, wonderful.... Not had a bath for many years...Literally.. I mean no bathtub in many rentals these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Aww have just read a Profile on Pof and his total Description is, just looking for a Woman to laugh with for a long time.... What a lovely lovely sentence. And in a way, a lovely summing-up of life really... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH to be done work :D

....until tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Don't wear them, you'll see all the dust and the cobwebs! (well, in my house)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I have a hook on my wall beside the kitchen door frame. I hang a plastic bag off it and put my recycling in it. This is to keep it off the floor so the dogs don't scatter it all over the kitchen. This evening I put up a new bag and I turned around 5 minutes later to find Ruby (my parrot) chewing the bag. I told her to stop and she didn't so I put a tea towel over the hook which covered the bag and in a temper she said to me "you're a fcuking b!tch" :pac::pac::pac:

It's been months since she's said that to me and it's awful funny when she does. She only does it when I do something to p!ss her off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Hitting the hay after a class day celebrating the wee one's first birthday with herself and Mr Fart. All that ice cream eating has me wrecked! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hitting the hay after a class day celebrating the wee one's first birthday with herself and Mr Fart. All that ice cream eating has me wrecked! :)
    It's my little smileyhead's 1st birthday tomorrow (technically today). I've work booked off and we're going to have an absolutely class day. :)

Hmm,coincidence or wha ehhh? both yer little ones have the same birthday :eek: What are the odds ehhh :eek:?

:pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being back in my own bed after a four night absence and seeing my beautiful handsome baby dogs. You’d swear they never saw me before in their lives. Within half an hour of me being home I had a split bottom lip from one of their heads crashing into my face with excitement. They haven’t let me out of their sight all evening following me from room to room, howling and barking at me when they want a chat. I actually live my life for them. They make me happy every single day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Hmm,coincidence or wha ehhh? both yer little ones have the same birthday What are the odds ehhh ?

You're like Jessica Fletcher Seph .. :D

Same as always with me! Roof, bed, food, work for my hands that will feed others.... makes me quietly happy..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nearly breakfast time \o/

You're like Jessica Fletcher Seph .. :D

*hums the theme tune to murder she wrote*

:pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Nearly breakfast time \o/

*hums the theme tune to murder she wrote*

:pac: :D

Oh great, now i have that running through my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Dentist stuff over with for now. Such a relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

We upgraded our tv package and it only cost us 7 pounds extra. We have so many channels now that I used to love and missed and now I don't even know what to watch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    We upgraded our tv package and it only cost us 7 pounds extra. We have so many channels now that I used to love and missed and now I don't even know what to watch :D

Thought you'd be watching videos all morning to keep you amused

Beethoven's 9th Symphony, the most glorious work of art created by a human.

While I much prefer the calm of Beethoven's piano music to orchestral or symphonic pieces, the more I listen to his 9th Symphony, the more out of the world it is. It is just full of the vigour of life. Alive. The choral finale (4th movement) and its deep voices in particular is so versatile.

(starts at 59:00)

Anyway, the most entertaining twist in the past two weeks of my singing to the 9th symphony is that I'm "conducting" the 1-year-old and 3-year-old while showing them the above Chicago Symphony Orchestra performance on the laptop on the kitchen table and the whole kitchen goes mad as I "conduct" and they "sing" and laugh (If you're thinking of that Richard Gere 9th Symphony scene in Mr Jones you weren't the only one!). So, fast forward to my daily afternoon walk with the 1-year-old before his bedtime and I'm humming away the 9th Symphony as we walk and I notice his little hands moving and he's looking at me and moving his hands and fingers conducting me!!! Double take, right there. While that's crazily cute, he then humps his little shoulders a bit and moves his right finger and then his hand tentatively and then firmly to calm the music down (at this stage he's not even conducting me but the pillar to somebody's gate). So many layers of unexpected cuteness in the simple things. These are the best walks ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I passed my exams, have my degree! I can't believe it, so so happy :)

"Congratulations!"

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Graces7 wrote: »
    "Congratulations!"

Thank you! Can't stop smiling!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Well done. Now the real work begins. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement