Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Boom's post ^^^ makes me feel happy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My wife baked me a loaf of soda bread. Having two slices with lots of butter and cup of sweet milky tea has just made me happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Car passed the NCT this morning, all sorted for another year now :D

...which is really strange to think, because I won't still be in Ireland this time next year. Also TH at the thought of new beginnings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

An unproductive fishing session but walking through fields of waist high barely, with kingfishers and dippers flying along the river in the sunshine would gladden anybody's heart.

And finished one of the hedges with a decent start made on the 'brute' of a hawthorn hedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Blackjacks, lidl have them in this week and I bought a packet on a whim. The taste instantly brought me back about 25 years! May go back and get more I think... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Was over the other side of the island... hedges full of honeysuckle... Not seen any on this side... then a skylark rose right above me and stayed low the longest time, fluttering and singing... I am sure it was deliberate..I had heard there were waterlilies on ponds and there sure are... covered in them....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

There was a cat in school today! She was so friendly (most of the time, I got a pretty bad scratch on my hand at one point). A boy from another class came in and said "there's a surprise outside for you Miss W... it's black and furry" and he brought me outside to see her. I was so happy!

A 6 year old being so proud of her school report - and so she should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

First time in 12 hours that I managed to check this thread...and all the happy stories have brightened my mood, thanks very much one and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

KatW4 wrote: »
    There was a cat in school today! She was so friendly (most of the time, I got a pretty bad scratch on my hand at one point). A boy from another class came in and said "there's a surprise outside for you Miss W... it's black and furry" and he brought me outside to see her. I was so happy!
    This reminds me of a dog we used to have when I was young. I lived less than a ten minute walk from school. The dog Toby, used to follow me everywhere. When we were going to school my mother would keep him in the house for half an hour and then let him out. He must've followed my smell because one day he turned up at school. Our school was really small (only 20 in my whole year in first year) so we were in the same classroom everyday, which probably made it easier for him.

He came into the classroom between classes and of course all the kids loved it. I used to sit down the back so we were trying to hide him when the teacher, who happened to be the principal came in. Of course she discovered him and I had to take him home. He started doing it on a regular basis no matter how long my mother kept him in. One day I was down in the wood work room when my friend came in holding Toby and said "Paddy Cow you need to bring your dog home" :pac:

Unfortunately that same year he got killed doing his favourite thing - chasing cats. He had followed me and my friend into the village and chased a cat across the road and got hit by a tractor :( He was a lovely dog and gave everyone at the school a good laugh.

One time he really embarrassed me though. He started following me everywhere and even turned up at mass :o I was in the queue for communion and next thing the fecking dog enters the church and starts running around the altar. Of course I was the one who had to run up and start chasing him and he thought it was a great game. I remember my elderly neighbour giving out to me for bringing a dog to mass but it was hardly my fault! Fun times :)

• Advertisement

He sounds like the best dog!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    palyed video games...

giphy.gif

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    My wife baked me a loaf of soda bread. Having two slices with lots of butter and cup of sweet milky tea has just made me happy :)

Hang onto her! :pac:
    KatW4 wrote: »

The best kind of surprise! :3 :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Grace sharing another spooky story with us :eek:

:D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Watching the wee one stroke the dog really gently after the two of them went investigating some crumbs on the floor. Also hearing her squeal excitedly when she sees the cat wanting to come in the window. :)

Just booked a holiday for the New Year with the boy. Yay!!!! I'm so excited, I don't think I can wait 6 months!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

After a tip in the watches forum I bid on a Longines 280 watch on eBay.....and won!
    A little happy dance before bed :D

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    This reminds me of a dog we used to have when I was young. I lived less than a ten minute walk from school. The dog Toby, used to follow me everywhere. When we were going to school my mother would keep him in the house for half an hour and then let him out. He must've followed my smell because one day he turned up at school. Our school was really small (only 20 in my whole year in first year) so we were in the same classroom everyday, which probably made it easier for him.

One time he really embarrassed me though. He started following me everywhere and even turned up at mass :o I was in the queue for communion and next thing the fecking dog enters the church and starts running around the altar. Of course I was the one who had to run up and start chasing him and he thought it was a great game. I remember my elderly neighbour giving out to me for bringing a dog to mass but it was hardly my fault! Fun times :)

There was and maybe still is an old man who takes his dog to mass regularly in Killarney Cathedral. It stays quietly under the pew when he goes up for communion. Lovely to see .

Grace sharing another spooky story with us :eek:

:D :pac:

lol... it is getting weird!

Pain eased off last night for a good while. Sweet relief and I slept for hours. Makes me very very happy indeed..

The wild flowers here on the island... every wind of the road there are more...

Cat scratching a tattoo on the door to be let in!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Graces7 wrote: »
    There was and maybe still is an old man who takes his dog to mass regularly in Killarney Cathedral. It stays quietly under the pew when he goes up for communion. Lovely to see .

Our vet had a little dog who came every day to the clinic with her . As each " patient" arrived in the room the Vet would say " Henry ! Cat ! " And Henry would hop into a press and pull the door shut on himself !

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coVhwOC7_GI

chatty parrots are hilarious...

A perfect day for gardening. Hedges finished, lawns cut, veg thinned, weeds eradicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My wife bought me tickets to go and see The Gaslight Anthem in London for my 30th birthday next month. I'm so excited because I love them and I've never seen them in concert before :D

Got all the small little jobs done today! Printed off all the stuff that I need to submit in my placement report, dropped the employer evaluation form into my boss from placement, and found out that the place in town that I thought did binding, does indeed do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

We've all seen those crappy mobile phone videos on youtube when you want to check a concert. The person that shot it was probably standing in front of you too!! Quality and sound so bad it's a waste of time

I attended a music festival in the Netherlands last weekend and I see the official account has already put up two and half hours of professionally edited videos. All the shots you want and great sound

Now I get to experience it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Our house backed onto the GAA club and our dog loved nothing more than stealing sliators. Thought it was great fun altogether :rolleyes: Border collies, tis their nature

The club fundraised for years and built a new stand and for the launch Tipp and Limerick played a mens senior hurling challenge match. Feckin dog made a show of us on TG4! Game delayed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

It's my little smileyhead's 1st birthday tomorrow (technically today). I've work booked off and we're going to have an absolutely class day. :)

Glad the weather's set to get better for the weekend and next week :D

Happy the night is over.. Was a wild wet one.

And that we here on West Coast and islands have had abundant rain and no threat of drought; all is green

• Advertisement

Was talking to my brother last night on whatsapp video chat and my niece was talking mad and smiling :D she's nearly four months old now :eek: and getting so big and then she was giving out to her daddy :D so he picked her and she fell asleep in his arms :3, I've never seen him so happy, he's a very proud to be dad and I'll be going over now in November to see them hopefully :D.

It's my little smileyhead's 1st birthday tomorrow (technically today). I've work booked off and we're going to have an absolutely class day. :)

Enjoy the day,Happy birthday baby bones :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement