Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Well gratz Cip, how long until you will start crying that it's not Audi and be on the hunt again. :D
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Shhhh - cheap GTI for someone :)

Hopefully keep it two years anyway have to aim high :pac: I have the Audi 1 year 6 months which was a record by a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭ofcork

Was that an emission related change friend has a 2017 1.6 been fine so far

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

ofcork wrote: »
    Was that an emission related change friend has a 2017 1.6 been fine so far

Iirc it wasn't Euro 6 complient. Toyota did have a replacement engine almost ready to go but pulled the plug back in 2014 I think. Then got rid of all diesels this year. Seems to have worked fine for them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Iirc it wasn't Euro 6 complient. Toyota did have a replacement engine almost ready to go but pulled the plug back in 2014 I think. Then got rid of all diesels this year. Seems to have worked fine for them so far.

The new Volvo S60 has no diesel option. I had time to kill and called in to Lyons of Limerick to see it. Absolutely gorgeous car and the finish was fantastic. I'll happily buy one at 3 years old as the depreciation will more than likely be eye watering.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The funny thing is the new V60 has diesel options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

CIP4 wrote: »
    Hopefully keep it two years anyway have to aim high :pac: I have the Audi 1 year 6 months which was a record by a lot.

How much did it depreciate in 18 months?
    Just curious. I traded my last car after 18 months and lost about 22k on it so not looking to slag you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

330e? Ouch

I remember I was close to trading the R in against one but wasnt happy with their trade in offer. Lucky in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

bazz26 wrote: »

This is what I couldn't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

vintagevrs wrote: »
    330e? Ouch

I remember I was close to trading the R in against one but wasnt happy with their trade in offer. Lucky in hindsight.

Very lucky!
    The fall of the value of sterling coupled with the tiny level of vrt liable on these when importing killed values here.
    Ironically I had kept my previous car a golf gti pp 18 months too and lost only 7.5k on it trading in.
    I hope to have learnt my lesson now though I’m a bit like an alcoholic on the wagon. I still browse Carzone on a daily basis...

Yeah the sterling hurt me too as I exported the golf but just one of those things. Never thought about the low vrt though exaggerating the hit on the hybrid.
    Doubt I'll buy new again, hard to justify the initial drop.

I was on carzone earlier pricing Alfa Giuilas as a 280bhp one was in front of me on the way home, lovely car. It'll be a while before I'm sat in one though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote: »

I think they committed to all petrol/electric models from 2019, the S60 being a 2019 model and the V60 being 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The new Volvo S60 has no diesel option. I had time to kill and called in to Lyons of Limerick to see it. Absolutely gorgeous car and the finish was fantastic. I'll happily buy one at 3 years old as the depreciation will more than likely be eye watering.

I knew there is s60, but I did not realize it's in Ireland already. Personally, s90 is freaking amazing looking car, I could see myself in one, bit it's just way too big. S60 is just perfect. Prices are as always high for volvo, so s60 is pricy, but in a few years time it could be a nice bargain. T5 with 250hp would hit the sweet spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Still undecided on a car. Have ruled out, Insignia, Mazda 6, S40. Still in contention : Avensis, Passat, Octavia, Mondeo. Have around 6k to spend. So would be a 2011 or 2012.
    Any thoughts? Am leaning towards an Avensis, but the Octavia looks to be a similar car with better fuel economy (1.6 diesel).
    Have a pain in my head looking at cars now. If I get stopped in the one I'm driving I'll be put off the road! 07 Saab 93.

Skoda Superb?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭charcosull

I knew there is s60, but I did not realize it's in Ireland already. Personally, s90 is freaking amazing looking car, I could see myself in one, bit it's just way too big. S60 is just perfect. Prices are as always high for volvo, so s60 is pricy, but in a few years time it could be a nice bargain. T5 with 250hp would hit the sweet spot.

I have been humming and hawwing over getting a V60 for a few months now. But as you say they will be a bargain in a few years. Latest thinking is to hold out 2 years will they drop to <30k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

One for the beemer owners. Is it standard practice not to update the service history with an oil change if it's not due? I get the oil done once a year and it wasn't due until next year on the I drive. Got it done today along with brake fluid and rear brake pads and they didn't update the service history for the oil change.

Yep

Even says so on the website. Daft policy that discourages more regular maintenance.

I have a record of it on the receipt which is something I suppose, but yeah, stupid policy, I agree.

Another bugbear of mine is charging for windscreen washer, even though mine was full....

Here's the bit from BM.

Screenshot-20190705-180427.png

Wailin wrote: »
    Another bugbear of mine is charging for windscreen washer, even though mine was full....

They might well have added the concentrate stuff. To be fair. Maybe

I recently booked my car in for an oil change. Was quoted 130 quid before booking in a few weeks prior. When I was there then the advisor told me the car needed a vehicle check as well and if not done the light/reminder would still be on. I asked how much for this and was told 80 quid so said go for it then. How much in total I asked and was told 284. I then said the oil change was quoted at 130, where is 284 coming from. A bit of faffing and claiming it's because my car isn't the 2.0. I explained the quote was based on the vin. Then he brought it down to 208 so I thought fair enough. Just checked the BMW site and the vehicle check on my car is quoted at 63, not 80. Total should have been 193 not 208.

Hardly worth complaining about but still.... He would have charged me 280 given the chance.

They charge 100stg to fit a cabin filter. It takes about two mins, needs no tools and a non genuine one costs about 20 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

One for the beemer owners. Is it standard practice not to update the service history with an oil change if it's not due? I get the oil done once a year and it wasn't due until next year on the I drive. Got it done today along with brake fluid and rear brake pads and they didn't update the service history for the oil change.

I'm doing mine every 15k km and they're on the idrive.

When you get a service how long does it say to the next one? My car currently says 30k km for oil. I think though the car can be programmed not to be on long intervals.

I'm doing mine every 15k km and they're on the idrive.

Funny thing is, last year I asked them to do the oil, although it wasn't due until this year. They updated it on the service history. Not this year though....

When you get a service how long does it say to the next one? My car currently says 30k km for oil. I think though the car can be programmed not to be on long intervals.

18,000 miles, almost 30k.

I just checked there...and it's not really adding up.

Bought it at 56k km and serviced it at around 70k km. Had been fully serviced + pads and discs when I bought it so I had an oil and microfilter done (in hindsight oil would have been what I should have done). 82k km on it now and and it's saying 14k to next service so 96k...which isn't 30 after 70...

I know I'll be doing it early anyway but if I wasn't it seems it's looking for one early.

Funny thing is, last year I asked them to do the oil, although it wasn't due until this year. They updated it on the service history. Not this year though....

I'd ask them to add it to be honest. Kearys didn't add a service to my wife's one but did it when it was in for it's next one.

Went to go look at the Golf GTI in Dublin today. It’s really a very clean original car. They fully serviced it and put two new tyres on it needs to be valeted then it’s good to go. Collecting it Thursday which seems so far away currently.

I think the white really suits the GTI and the sunroof really looks great from the outside and brightens up the interior a lot. The front and rear LED lights look great on the mk 7.5.

I'd tell them not to valet it TBH....get that done properly & without adding fook loads of swirling.

OSI wrote: »
    Did you take a note of the mileage?

Yes well within 100km. It looked the same mileage on it today that there was in the video they sent me Tuesday. What do you mean by the above as in people would be driving it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Leather seats or tartin ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement