Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options
1319320321322323325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭corks finest

Got a price today for timing belt, water pump, fan belt and some other bit (could be tensioner pulley he said, but Im not 100% sure). €450 all in.

Seems like a fairly reasonable price. So I'll get that sorted. Have to give him a week's notice, but I don't think it's been done, and car is at 100k miles, so i may aswell do it and have some peace of mind (especially considering my luck!).
    Cheap enough

I've done almost 6k kms since the start of August, didn't think I was doing that much tbh..... Sorento is decently comfortable to be fair to it.

KKV, having worked in Micks... Don't buy oil, it'll be delivered smashed and leaking everywhere.

Ding! Ding! Ding! 9 Points to Midnight EG.

You didnt get 10 points, because the oil was fine. It was the Antifreeze that was leaking everywhere. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Ding! Ding! Ding! 9 Points to Midnight EG.

You didnt get 10 points, because the oil was fine. It was the Antifreeze that was leaking everywhere. :)

You just reminded me. One time I ordered some stuff from there and a liquid was leaking every where but I cannot remember what it was. I have ordered other liquid items from them over the years such as oil and brake fluid and alloy cleaner and it all arrived perfect without any leaks.

You just reminded me. One time I ordered some stuff from there and a liquid was leaking every where but I cannot remember what it was. I have ordered other liquid items from them over the years such as oil and brake fluid and alloy cleaner and it all arrived perfect without any leaks.

I'd imagine it's a tricky thing to go back to them with, aswell. I didn't lose enough out of my antifreeze to care, but I reckon they'd surely counter-argue that you just used it, doused some on the box, and then complained it leaked?

(and I'm sure many would try that)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I didn't contact them just left it be. But it's not really their fault more the courier or postman. It's always the postman that delivered their items to me.

Just thinking about it they use no padding in the boxes just items left in a box to move around while in transit. So who knows who's at fault them for no padding or postman for chucking around the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Thrown around and flung into the van.... Like you see the baggage handlers at the airport, smashy smashy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

No it's the packers themselves :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Speaking of ordering parts....

Google reminded me of what I was at this week two years ago this morning:

Screenshot-20200908-140901-com-google-android-apps-photos.jpg

Then these landed an hour later from the postman. He told me to lift them out of the van myself as they weigh a tonne, and he's not wrong. If the car ever sells the new owner will have shiny new brakes now too.....

IMG-20200908-140610.jpg
    IMG-20200908-140714.jpg

Found a chap in Tipperary selling GT Line wheels, so I picked them up. I was gonna go to Monaghan for a set of 18" wheels from a Kia Optima, but I liked the GT Line wheels on the first Megane I viewed, and felt they looked a lot better. Plus, they're an actual Renault wheel, so I knew i'd have no fitting issues or any rubbing or such.

They're 17" but they look quite nice in my opinion. They are fairly well scuffed in parts, though, so when I run the tyres down to dangerously barely legal ( :pac: ) I'll put the smaller wheels back on (they still have new tyres) and send these off to be re-furbished, before they go back on again. Will possibly be a christmas present to myself.

wheels.jpg

I also gave it it's first wash today, and de-tarred it. It's been a long time since I did any 'detailing' on a car. Brought me back to years ago when I had a Rav4, that was polished to within an inch of it's life every week. I sold it about five years ago, and it's still immaculate looking when i see it around (person that bought it off me still has it around the town).

Unrelated, but when I was getting the wheels, I also got the three rear headrests off yer man. Mine was missing the two outside ones (just had the middle one). Although I'd get them for the sake of completeness either way, is a missing rear headrest an NCT fail? I'd assume it is a fail, but then if i recall right, the bare-bones Sandero that was sold recently didn't have them.. open to correction there, though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,414 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Head restsraints in the back aren’t mandatory.

Wheels look good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement