Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2018 - Day 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Yyyyyyyyeeeessssss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Fair play to Andy for tweeting it but it's shambolic there's not an official source announcing it online as it happens

Min Douvan vvm and vautour all going for champion hurdle according to wpm on racing post...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Fair play to Andy for tweeting it but it's shambolic there's not an official source announcing it online as it happens

Yeah, it's embarrassing we are relying on a guy with a highlighter doing it off his own bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Samcro in Ballymore, Faugheen in Cheekpieces.

Dream double is still alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

Not a single irish horse in the ultima. Madness

Serious question here. What price would Getabird be if he wasn't trained by Mullins and wearing the Mr Blobby silks? 4 or 5/1? Bigger even?

It's also not like Ricci has an army of smart novice hurdlers who he's splitting up. And he's a point winner running over 2m. He's a bonkers price and while the Supreme looks a mess/highly competitive with him taking out 30% of the book I think punters absolutely have to be looking for an angle there

Getabird hacked up last time out. Ran brilliantly and left MK for dead over the last. That is the reason.....its quite simple

Paul Townend on Melon. Yeeeeessssss!!! Bring it home Paul!

Ruby on Faugheen
    Patrick on WickIow Brave

No jockey for Yorkhill yet.

Getabird hacked up last time out. Ran brilliantly and left MK for dead over the last. That is the reason.....its quite simple

And his form is so much better than the UK novices to warrant his price how?

We've a Betfair hurdle winner against him, a grade 1 Tolworth winner and a host of others. If anyone thinks Getabird should be sub 2/1 I'm happy to take every bet you ever have from now until I die

Vautour started 7/2 (was bigger in the morning). Douvan was 2/1 or 9/4 (again was probably bigger in the morning). Getabird is a joke price win or lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Scratch Sharjahs last run surely something was amiss, he was about to run the best novice race of the season before crashing down at the last @Leopardstown if he won that and didnt race until now he would be favourite imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Weirdest decs morning I can remember

Paul Townend on Melon. Yeeeeessssss!!! Bring it home Paul!

Ruby on Faugheen
    Patrick on WickIow Brave

No jockey for Yorkhill yet.

I will take the ride if they stuck. All 14 stone of me!

I will take the ride if they stuck. All 14 stone of me!

Probably David Mullins. Jack Kennedy would suit Yorkhill. I can't think of many else to be able to ride him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

With the Ultima so cut up, I'm surprised to still see Shantou Flyer at 25/1 places. Runs on Heavy and, on about the same weights margins, he finished ahead of Coo Star Sivola and O O Seven here 2 months ago (albeit 17l behind Frodon). That was 2m 4f and he was running on towards the end - looked like he might like longer.

Gold Present my most likely winner for it but unsure about how he'll go on the ground under top weight too. Probably no value at the top of the market.

Probably David Mullins. Jack Kennedy would suit Yorkhill. I can't think of many else to be able to ride him tbh.
    If Jack was on him i would be delighted as someone who has him backed !

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

If Jack was on him i would be delighted as someone who has him backed !

How about Richard Johnson? They Wylies wouldn't mind an English jockey on him

How about Richard Johnson? They Wylies wouldn't mind an English jockey on him

I wouldn't have Johnson anywhere near him. I can't think of any English jockeys that would suit it. I don't think Wylie cares about the nationality of the rider.

Mark Walsh on Any Second Now.

David Mullins on Yorkhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

David Mullins on Yorkhill.

I was going to throw a few points on Yorkhill but that booking has put me off

I was going to throw a few points on Yorkhill but that booking has put me off

Wouldn't put me off. He's very good imo. Got a good tune out of Min the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

kiers47 wrote: »
    Samcro not declared for supreme.

Wow what a surprise , no free money for everyone

FatRat wrote: »
    With the Ultima so cut up, I'm surprised to still see Shantou Flyer at 25/1 places. Runs on Heavy and, on about the same weights margins, he finished ahead of Coo Star Sivola and O O Seven here 2 months ago (albeit 17l behind Frodon). That was 2m 4f and he was running on towards the end - looked like he might like longer.

Gold Present my most likely winner for it but unsure about how he'll go on the ground under top weight too. Probably no value at the top of the market.
    I don't like Shantous Flyers record on Heavy over 3m.

First Flow ran the Sky Bet Supreme Trial at Haydock 1 second faster than The New One ran the Unibet Champion Hurdle Trial the next race. The New One carried 6lbs more.

Not exactly as it appears but still encouraging for First Flows form nontheless

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

Anywhere paying 4 places in the supreme?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Only 5 runners in the Arkle and still it's possibly race of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

First real bet for Cheltenham

Mr WHITAKER 14/1 EW Close bros

Won at the track lto with going soft heavy in places so going won't be an issue and gets in here off bottom weight.
    5 of the last 9 winners won lto.
    12 of the last 13 had run in the last 45 days
    Trainers only runner at the festival

Ultima

Vintage Clouds looks a nice bet at 14/1 considering the likely ground. He's 6lbs higher than last year but put up plenty bigger performances this year and has improved. His form on Heavy ground is good without being brilliant 2422222. He was running a good race in this last year before falling 2 out. He looks a bit tapped for toe for the previous 3 furlongs but this ground will be much more suitable and keep everything going that little bit slower.

He doesn't win many but looks solid ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

The Ultima is an absolute minefield.

I do like to look at trends and no horse rated 150+ has won it in the last 30 years.
    6 yr olds haven't won it going back till at least 2002
    12 of the last 17 came from the first 4 in the betting
    6 of the last 10 had a rating between 142 and 146

Based on that it looks taylor made for SINGLEFARMPAYMENT but if it was only that easy !!

• Advertisement

Danny i heard

Advertisement