Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2018 - Day 1

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Great price! Me and herself are paying €300 alone for a hotel (Hampton by Hilton) in Burm City Centre for 3 nights

Fair play tya for bringing the mrs!

Myself , the father and the brother going :D

That’s a nice hotel, it’s expensive but you’ll make it back in winnings :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

What did you make of Melon today, Motivator?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

collie0708 wrote: »
    Best of luck everyone hopefully a great days racing ahead. Below are my selections

1:30-Summerville boy
    2:10-Footpad
    2:50-Coo star sivola
    3:30/ 4:10-Buveur D’air/ apples jade (double)
    4:50-Ms Parfois
    5:30-Mister Whitaker

Give us tomorrow oh wise one !!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭essgee268

Ignore all the guff you hear, the going stick reading is 5.3 which is proper heavy ground with the possibility that it might even get worse with another 10mm of rain expected to come. First race or two might not be too bad, but by the end of the day, the ground is going to be fairly cut up, which should make the final race of the day interesting. Think Rocklander in that one might just be one of the last still going and would fancy it to be there or thereabouts. 33/1 best price.

ran a great race

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »
    Here are my bets today. Some are ap, hence the prices.
    Dont have time for a write up, off to get my hair cut and have a big durrrty fry before a few pints :D

1.30 - Debuchet 28s e/w

2.10 - No bet e/w :) (but if PM keeps drifting i might play if he goes 4/1 or 9/2)

2.50 - cannot for the life of me find an angle im happy with in this race. If the ground was better probably Minella Dady, so might have a small e/w on him for an interest.

3.30 - Wicklow Brave 14s win

4.10 - Kayf Grace 25s e/w. But i think La Bague Au Roi is a cracking e/w bet for anyone stuck on the fence.

4.50 - Rathvinden 12s. Got in this fella a few weeks after they said he could go the 4 mile route.

5.30 - Any Second Now 12s. One of my bets of the week and delighted to see the money come.

Stay safe and good luck if anyone follows (dont) :)

Rathvinden only winner but what a price!

Credit to Jimjamcos for that one. Made me have a second glance.

Onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Blud

Blud wrote: »
    As always with Cheltenham, there's too many horses to make a case for to go big on any of them. I'm spreading the net out with my bets, along there main strands, small stakes for the interest:

Paul Nicholls horses - he runs 2 today, Vicente at 2.50 and Ibis du Rheu at 5.30. Small stakes ew on each, small double too.

Super Heinz - the horses I think should win, while admittedly each are very vulnerable (hence small stake super heinz)
    1.30 Kalishnikov
    2.10 Footpad
    2.50 Shantou Flyer
    3.30 Buveur
    4.10 Apple's Jade
    4.50 Rathvinden
    5.30 Mr Whitaker

Lastly, I've tried to find some value at higher odds, seems to be loads there in most races which is trouble in itself!
    1.30 Debuchet 5 places
    2.10 nothing here outside short odds
    2.50 each way on both Vintage Clouds and Knight of Noir
    3.30 each way on Identity Thief
    4.10 each way on Jers Girl
    4.50 each way on Pylonthepressure
    5.30 each way on Testify

Good luck everyone, here's to a good week ahead.

4vout of 7 winners in the Super Heinz meant it was a good day.

Could have been better though - of the 3 that didn't win, two were beaten by a neck and the other finished third. Even if Shantou Flyer came in it would have been a great day.

Oh well, money to spend for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Had 56 cent left on my account after I backed my selections. Threw up a 4 horses and done 13 cent trebles... Three winners and 46 quid from it.

Have added a screen shot. Why is it the small one always comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Did anyone catch John Duggan's suggestions on Today FM at 8.40? Apparently he had 4 winners yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

Right lads what are yer bets for Day 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

deiseman17 wrote: »
    Right lads what are yer bets for Day 2?

There is a seperate day 2 thread you can keep an eye on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement