Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

SkryneRed wrote: »
    Received my sim and it's already active. Got the 20GB freebies and 200 min and text as well. However my plan still not activated and it's already more than 72 hours period.

Should I call sales team again?
    No,I waited longer,keep phone on

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭supaburger

Received my sim and it's already active. Got the 20GB freebies and 200 min and text as well. However my plan still not activated and it's already more than 72 hours period.

Should I call sales team again?

How do I get the 20gb freebie?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

supaburger wrote: »

Offer was until April 30th so if you didn't register your details, download and log in on the My Vodafone app by then, you're too late unfortunately.

Comes automatic

Quackster wrote: »

Offer was until April 30th so if you didn't register your details, download and log in on the My Vodafone app by then, you're too late unfortunately.

Comes automatic
    :( they took too long to port and i was late one day

• Advertisement

Comes automatic

I would get on to customer services and tell them you lost out on the free 20GB because of an undue delay porting your number. No harm chancing your arm and I generally find them pretty decent with these things!

Tough kid, customer care might sort it for u ,most I spoke to in sales etc were ok,,,,,

I would get on to customer services and tell them you lost out on the free 20GB because of an undue delay porting your number. No harm chancing your arm and I generally find them pretty decent with these things!

Tough kid, customer care might sort it for u ,most I spoke to in sales etc were ok,,,,,

thanks guys i just called customer care and they added the 20gb

thanks guys i just called customer care and they added the 20gb

Happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 SkryneRed

No,I waited longer,keep phone on

How long did you have to wait before your plan was activated?

I'm still patiently waiting.

How long did you have to wait before your plan was activated?

I'm still patiently waiting.

3 Days bud

3 Days bud

It's worth it,best I've had so far,and I've had them all bar Lycra

It's worth it,best I've had so far,and I've had them all bar Lycra

In fairness, the Lycra network is only for MAMILs! :D

In fairness, the Lycra network is only for MAMILs! :D

With extreme patience, nearly hear he dial up tone whilst downloading

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

Never been on PAYG so silly question, what happens if you miss the top-up by day or week, do you loose the offer all together or it starts again from the day of top-up?

I am thinking of scenario when are you away on holiday outside EU and don't really need phone that much, does one still have to maintain the 28 days offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

deep1 wrote: »
    Never been on PAYG so silly question, what happens if you miss the top-up by day or week, do you loose the offer all together or it starts again from the day of top-up?

I am thinking of scenario when are you away on holiday outside EU and don't really need phone that much, does one still have to maintain the 28 days offer?

You need to maintain it. You can set up automatic payment every 28 days via their app.

matzen wrote: »
    You need to maintain it. You can set up automatic payment every 28 days via their app.

Great thanks will set it up, so that means if one miss the top-up, he will lose the offer, Wow I would have thought that topping-up again will continue the offer as sim is activated with that plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

...do you lose the offer all together or it starts again from the day of top-up?
    It should restart when you top up, you won't lose the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joejoew

My offer is showing as Student Offer on the app. I know the data user plan is effectively the same thing but is it normal to see this?

Thanks

• Advertisement

joejoew wrote: »
    My offer is showing as Student Offer on the app. I know the data user plan is effectively the same thing but is it normal to see this?

Thanks

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joejoew

deep1 wrote: »
    Yes

Cheers. Fantastic offer, delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks OP, I ordered the sim on Tuesday and hopefully it will arrive today

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

loopymum wrote: »
    Thanks OP, I ordered the sim on Tuesday and hopefully it will arrive today

Having trouble trying to secure this deal. Can someone explain how you get the deal and who to contact and what to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

MFlack2012 wrote: »
    Having trouble trying to secure this deal. Can someone explain how you get the deal and who to contact and what to say?

You have to be currently on another, network ,then just call 1800595595 and select option 2. Ask for data user plan.

You would need to port out and back in again, messy but do-able.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

Ten Pin wrote: »
    You would need to port out and back in again, messy but do-able.

I did this when I ported back last week and the only plan option they gave was the chat extra or basic plan :rolleyes:

Some have ported out and back within days to get this deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

MFlack2012 wrote: »
    I did this when I ported back last week and the only plan option they gave was the chat extra or basic plan :rolleyes:

I had been following your thread over on 3 and when I read you had ported off three I was hoping it was to this and not one of the normal plans. I’m fairly certain you’re at a thing called nothing trying to get customer care involved. They’ve already told several people no and I haven’t read of anyone who has been successful in getting the plan if you’re an existing customer which you would now be classed as.

Where do you go from here ? No one seems to know when the offer is to end so I wouldn’t hang around too long, not to scare anyone but it’s a very good deal that you’d be kicking yourself if you missed it. I’d recommend you port out - either to 3 or even Eir for a day or two and then ring the sales line to port back in who will send out the SIM card to you. I know it’s a pain but the plan is only available through the sales line so these are likely the steps you’ll need to take to get it. I’d still be fairly sure you’d end up saving money against what you were spending with Three so maybe the hassle would be worth it all.

• Advertisement

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I had been following your thread over on 3 and when I read you had ported off three I was hoping it was to this and not one of the normal plans. I’m fairly certain you’re at a thing called nothing trying to get customer care involved. They’ve already told several people no and I haven’t read of anyone who has been successful in getting the plan if you’re an existing customer which you would now be classed as.

Where do you go from here ? No one seems to know when the offer is to end so I wouldn’t hang around too long, not to scare anyone but it’s a very good deal that you’d be kicking yourself if you missed it. I’d recommend you port out - either to 3 or even Eir for a day or two and then ring the sales line to port back in who will send out the SIM card to you. I know it’s a pain but the plan is only available through the sales line so these are likely the steps you’ll need to take to get it. I’d still be fairly sure you’d end up saving money against what you were spending with Three so maybe the hassle would be worth it all.
    Definitely worth the small hassle,best deal out there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement