Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get out of bill move to three or eir and port back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

Currently I'm a bill pay sim only customer. Would this offer be available to me if I give them a call?

If you are not currently with Vodafone, either bill or PAYG, you’re ok. I’m currently on a corporate plan which will end today. They will switch me to PAYG, I’ve a Virgin Media SIM ready to go. Once I port to VM, I’ll be onto VF to port back.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

Hi just got question after the port in to Vodafone. How long did it take them to set up the data user plan? A couple of days or did you have to chase it up to get it.

In the app don't have it as option and don't want to top up before I know I am on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

irbx wrote: »
    Hi just got question after the port in to Vodafone. How long did it take them to set up the data user plan? A couple of days or did you have to chase it up to get it.

In the app don't have it as option and don't want to top up before I know I am on it.

Can take 2-3 days after port. Once your number is ported, call Vodafone customer care and tell them you're waiting for activation of a "sales offer" plan which you understand can take a few days but you were wondering if they could give you some complimentary calls/texts while you are waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

irbx wrote: »

Took 2 days for mine. No need to chase up. Only top-up once you see the offer in app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

dodzy wrote: »
    If you are not currently with Vodafone, either bill or PAYG, you’re ok. I’m currently on a corporate plan which will end today. They will switch me to PAYG, I’ve a Virgin Media SIM ready to go. Once I port to VM, I’ll be onto VF to port back.

I'm currently a VF bill pay sim only customer. If I was to port my number to say three or eir, then once that port is complete, could I port back to vodafone to avail of this offer? Also wanna keep my current phone number.

I'm currently a VF bill pay sim only customer. If I was to port my number to say three or eir, then once that port is complete, could I port back to vodafone to avail of this offer? Also wanna keep my current phone number.

The way I did, I was Vodafone bill pay customer, contract was finished so moved to eir sim only for 10 days ( I am sure you could do sooner), then ported back to Vodafone.
    Essentially paying €20 now instead of 60€ for same plan.

also as I was under cooling off period with eir, they didn't charge me for those 10 days of service. I am guessing easier way would be to move to payg instead of sim only as for sim only port you will need need account number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Make sure you're not in contract and then just port out to payg on Eir or 3. An eir sim will need to be topped up by a minimum of €5 for you to be able to port out but you can request the port immediately when your number hits the other network if you wanted just make sure you've already topped up just to cover all eventualities. You'd be able to keep your number throughout yes

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

First month due to expire in 15 hours according to App. I haven't received a text. Should I top-up now or after the 15 hours??

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Make sure you're not in contract and then just port out to payg on Eir or 3. An eir sim will need to be topped up by a minimum of €5 for you to be able to port out but you can request the port immediately when your number hits the other network if you wanted just make sure you've already topped up just to cover all eventualities. You'd be able to keep your number throughout yes

So ive ported to eir. I'm on their network. Got a text from VF to say "thank you for your business and the port is complete". Also got a text from eir welcoming me on to their network.
    Should I ring VF now to port back or should I give it a bit more time? Also noticed I can still login to my VF account online.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    First month due to expire in 15 hours according to App. I haven't received a text. Should I top-up now or after the 15 hours??

You can wait till just after midnight so you don't lose out on a day, but if you do, you'd best turn off mobile data before midnight so you don't get charged the out-of-bundle minimum daily data charge of €1.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

So ive ported to eir. I'm on their network. Got a text from VF to say "thank you for your business and the port is complete". Also got a text from eir welcoming me on to their network.
    Should I ring VF now to port back or should I give it a bit more time? Also noticed I can still login to my VF account online.

I'd ring now and port back yes but top up by a fiver in the hope you'd receive the sim tomorrow morning. You could be back on PAYG on VF tomorrow if they process the order early enough today. Only thing is you might not have the plan over the weekend but in the long run you'll be saving so upto you. Theres no need to say that you only ported this morning, just call and say you want to port back and ask for the data user plan. If they don't know what it is , hang up redial, rinse and repeat :D

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I'd ring now and port back yes but top up by a fiver in the hope you'd receive the sim tomorrow morning. You could be back on PAYG on VF tomorrow if they process the order early enough today. Only thing is you might not have the plan over the weekend but in the long run you'll be saving so upto you. Theres no need to say that you only ported this morning, just call and say you want to port back and ask for the data user plan. If they don't know what it is , hang up redial, rinse and repeat :D

Just off the phone with VF. Fella was 100%, he knew about the offer. Sim card is on its way out to me. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.
    Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

Quackster wrote: »
    You can wait till just after midnight so you don't lose out on a day, but if you do, you'd best turn off mobile data before midnight so you don't get charged the out-of-bundle minimum daily data charge of €1.99.

If bundle expires on 20th may, and you top up again on the 20th, you effectively loose 1 day from next allowance ( the new bundle covers 20.05-17.06 not 21.05-18.06 )
    If you top-up again on 21st may, before using calls/internet, you'll get the most out of your bundle .
    I got stung with the extra charge (1.99e) for data at midnight , but can't remember for sure if it was with tesco or vodafone
    when i had data to roll over, i could top up a bit late and still roll over-it
    << If I don’t top up within 28 days, will I get the rollover?
    If you forget to top up by day 28 and still have data remaining to rollover, no need to worry – you have another two days to top up and rollover your unused data. >>

@offtopic : The 28 days top-up brings the total 'monthly' costs up by 10% , when you look at the big picture for comparing like-for-like

If one has automatic top-up scheduled, do you still get charged for data charge at midnight? what time automatic top-up kicks off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If one has automatic top-up scheduled, do you still get charged for data charge at midnight? what time automatic top-up kicks off ?
    I've no direct experience of auto top up but I wouldn't trust it to kick in at exactly midnight.

If it tops up earlier you lose a day because the new 28 days will finish a day earlier.

If it tops up late then you'll get charged from credit.

The only definitive way to maximize use is to turn off data at 5 to midnight and top up after midnight by text or voucher.

deep1 wrote: »

When you top up, that's day zero and you get a further 28 days after that. So if you top up just after midnight, you effectively get your plan for 29 days.

Now if you have a top up scheduled every 28 days, it'll kick in on the last day of your current period which then becomes day zero of your new period and so forth. So you're getting your plan for the advertised 28 days but you're losing out on that extra day per period you could be getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm having a mini disaster here, my son arrived this morning and I got a text 40 minutes ago to say the porting was now activated.

I downloaded the Vodafone app tried to register and purchase credit and it failed stating the system is under maintenance to try later.

I also spent past 20 minutes trying to call customer care and I hear a message about a weather red alert and staff may be off and then I get cut off.

I'm beginning to regret switching at all from Three :(

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I'm having a mini disaster here, my son arrived this morning and I got a text 40 minutes ago to say the porting was now activated.

I downloaded the Vodafone app tried to register and purchase credit and it failed stating the system is under maintenance to try later.

I also spent past 20 minutes trying to call customer care and I hear a message about a weather red alert and staff may be off and then I get cut off.

You won't be able to register or use the app for a few days after your account has gone live. Seems the Vodafone system takes some time to update with new numbers that have been ported over.

Only option I think is to buy a top up voucher in a shop and dial 1741 to top up using the voucher details.

Edit: You can also top up on the Vodafone website without being registered for My Vodafone.

You won't be able to register or use the app for a few days after your account has gone live. Seems the Vodafone system takes some time to update with new numbers that have been ported over.

Only option I think is to buy a top up voucher in a shop and dial 1741 to top up using the voucher details.

I was able to register with app straightaway after port, seems like just system down.

• Advertisement

Anyone able to purchase international mins add on and unlimited call add on at same time? If I buy unlimited add on then international mins add on purchase option disappear or vice verse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

I was able to register with app straightaway after port, seems like just system down.

No same thing happened to me,op is correct,takes a while,and customer care will give him some free data etc to tide him over,he has to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

No same thing happened to me,op is correct,takes a while,and customer care will give him some free data etc to tide him over,he has to ask

What's the Belfast number please? The republic one is not working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

1800 595 595

Anyone able to purchase international mins add on and unlimited call add on at same time? If I buy unlimited add on then international mins add on purchase option disappear or vice verse.

Could be a glitch with the App. Did you try logging into My Vodafone via their website and buying the add-on there?

Alternatively try texting 5INTER or 15INTER to 50233 for 100 or 400 international mins.

Full set of add-on short-codes here:

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/add-ons.html

Could be a glitch with the App. Did you try logging into My Vodafone via their website and buying the add-on there?

Yeah same on web, I am still on my first month free top-up with free mins so I am hoping it is that, if anyone is able to purchase both please confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

IrishHomer wrote: »

register from their website first, and then download app and login...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

register from their website first, and then download app and login...

Stick with it, worth a small bit of pain

No sign of sim card from post man this morning. Would it be sent out via courier?

• Advertisement

No sign of sim card from post man this morning. Would it be sent out via courier?

Yeah normally Nightline.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement