Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Stiro05 wrote: »
    I switched a different number a few months back and got 20gb on the app straight away. This time im waiting for plan to become active and they given me some allowance, but no free 20gb. Do you think I will get it, or do I need to contact them?
    Yes u will definitely get it,took them a few days to give me mine

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Can anyone give a brief synopsis of what the deal is and how to avail of it. Rather then going through the posts (apologies for my laziness). I read the first page but it wasn't clear if this is for current vodafone customers or not. I'm with eir at the minute. My deal is very good but the signal is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

kevin306 wrote: »
    Can anyone give a brief synopsis of what the deal is and how to avail of it. Rather then going through the posts (apologies for my laziness). I read the first page but it wasn't clear if this is for current vodafone customers or not. I'm with eir at the minute. My deal is very good but the signal is shocking.
    Top up by €20 every month gets you 15gb data and unlimited texts to anyone.
    You keep the €20 credit and use either €5 to get 100 minutes or €15 to get unlimited calls .
    So you either have €5 or €15 left in your account each month to use on whatever.
    Number is 1800 595 595 then press option 2.
    Hopefully Get someone from northern Ireland and just ask for the data user plan.
    Job done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Thanks
    Anyone one already on pay as go Vodafone switch to this.
    :-)
    honda boi wrote: »
    Top up by €20 every month gets you 15gb data and unlimited texts to anyone.
    You keep the €20 credit and use either €5 to get 100 minutes or €15 to get unlimited calls .
    So you either have €5 or €15 left in your account each month to use on whatever.
    Number is 1800 595 595 then press option 2.
    Hopefully Get someone from northern Ireland and just ask for the data user plan.
    Job done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

No. They wont allow you to switch to it. Its port in only. Loads of people have tried customer care and that phone number and you can only get it by porting in, not being an existing customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Stiro05

thanks corks finest. Hopefully it wont take long for them to activate the plan so I can top up:)

Stiro05 wrote: »

thanks corks finest. Hopefully it wont take long for them to activate the plan so I can top up:)
    Hope so bud

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

ported over now, took about 24 hours, i see a balance of €10.50 on the app.
    what do i do now, do i need to top up or just wait for this offer to appear on the app.
    thanks

Surfn wrote: »
    what do i do now, do i need to top up or just wait for this offer to appear on the app.
    thanks

Just wait it will come.
    Give them a call and they,ll give you minutes and texts and some data to tide you over till it activate.
    Although my balance was 10.50€ when I registered before calling them and when I received an allowance to tie me over it went down to €8.50 ,that happen to anyone else?

thanks
    Wait

• Advertisement

thanks
    Wait

Just wait it will come.
    Give them a call and they,ll give you minutes and texts and some data to tide you over till it activate.
    Although my balance was 10.50€ when I registered before calling them and when I received an allowance to tie me over it went down to €8.50 ,that happen to anyone else?

yeh i seen mine is now the same €8.51 on mine. i wonder why that is

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Rang VF on Monday and signed up, sim arrived Tuesday morning and port happened Tuesday afternoon, very swift.
    Got 200 texts, mins and 2gb of data.
    Haven't gotten any credit though, seeing mentions of €10/20, any insight into this?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

don't want to sound like an idiot , but what do you do when the sim card arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

donegal. wrote: »
    don't want to sound like an idiot , but what do you do when the sim card arrives?

Wait for the text from Vodafone that port is in process and then wait for signal to drop and swap sim.

Ring customer care on 1747. and mentioned that it will take few days to plan to be activated and they will give some free min, txt and data.

Chat or ring again if no 4g available they will do manual refresh.

Vodafone app, freebie section, you should get 20gb free data, claim that then Wait for the offer to be activated, might take 3/4 days. mine is 2 days and still not activated. once offer is activated you should get free €20 credit too then top up as mentioned before.

I am not sure if you can wait for top up till free mins and txt are finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Rang VF on Monday and signed up, sim arrived Tuesday morning and port happened Tuesday afternoon, very swift.
    Got 200 texts, mins and 2gb of data.
    Haven't gotten any credit though, seeing mentions of €10/20, any insight into this?
    Thanks

Answering my own question here but gave them a call and they manually applied €10 credit for downloading the myvodafone app as per https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans.html

should i call 1747, my number was ported over yesterday morn and i can make calls and txts, they gave me 10.50 in credit but not signed up to offer yet as im waiting on this offer. i wonder should i wait or call, the fact they gave me 10.50 credit maybe i shouldnt

Answering my own question here but gave them a call and they manually applied €10 credit for downloading the myvodafone app as per https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans.html

yup thats what i got

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone charge 1.99 per day for any data used (up to 100MB) if a data plan is inactive. Once the plan is activated, data is taken from the allowance and not from credit.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Vodafone charge 1.99 per day for any data used (up to 100MB) if a data plan is inactive. Once the plan is activated, data is taken from the allowance and not from credit.
    FFS have to watch my limit so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

FFS have to watch my limit so

Did you call them to get some free minutes/data/texts? It's shouldn't be using your credit

Does anyone know if you have to buy add on as soon as offer is shown,
    I have 20€ free credit applied and data and text and also have 200 mins from customer care so don’t need calls at the moment.
    Do I need to buy add on now to keep the offer?

deep1 wrote: »
    I have 20€ free credit applied and data and text and also have 200 mins from customer care so don’t need calls at the moment.
    No,

No,
    Download my vodaphone app,all information there

will the offer show in my top up offer of thy app or will they just calll

Download my vodaphone app,all information there

Yeah have it thanks, so basically one can have 2 months free if not make many calls. That 20€ credit can be used next month to activate offer.

will the offer show in my top up offer of thy app or will they just calll

It will show in balance and my top up, add on etc so you can see allowance everywhere. It took exactly 48 hours for me to show after port was completed.
    You will also get text.

Yeah have it thanks, so basically one can have 2 months free if not make many calls. That 20€ credit can be used next month to activate offer.

As far as I know,you need to actually top up by €20 every month.
    It doesn't activate by using the credit in your account.

As far as I know,you need to actually top up by €20 every month.
    It doesn't activate by using the credit in your account.

Ah ok, makes sense. Still brilliant deal.

• Advertisement

ok, as i said before i have gotten the €10 credit from installing the app, do you think by calling them they will give me some data and txts aswell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement